Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Sep-13 17:36:48
Print Post

Playstation 4 production ...one of them is mine

[link to this post]

Playstation 4 production

One of those could even be mine .....wink

Reckon this will be my last ever console as my patience with games is getting thinner by the day and I don't get very impressed with much in regards of gaming last year or two.

Completely got bored with Cod even though I may just by Ghosts ,Battlefield 4 looks very nice but I'm not convinced the online frantic action these games require are my cup of tea anymore.

I'm more for a brilliant single player experience like The Last Of Us but these games only appear every couple of years,hoping GTA 5 blows me away and passes the time until end of November.

Downloaded that Puppeteer demo weighing in at around 6 gig from the playstation store,if you like Little Big Planet then you will love this and early reviews are raving about it .

It's a great little game but I'm not sure it's for me ,worth downloading it though to check it out.

Personally I can only see me playing Killzone Shadowfall online from what I have seen,think I'm into more of a pick up and play type of scenario rather than spend hours upon hours trying to rank up playing Ghosts and Battlefield,both will have to have outstanding reviews for me to invest any decent time playing them.

I was so bored with Cod I spent only 10 minutes playing the single player of Black ops 2 before I went online,then within weeks the game got traded,that's the first time I had completely lost interest and nothing has blown me away like MW 4 first did about 6 years ago.

I have recently picked up Tomb Raider again and am completely in awe of just how great this game looks and plays compared to 99% of the market,played it originally and thought it was brilliant but traded it a few months later....Big Mistake as its a quality product that many games don't even come close to matching.
Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Sat 07-Sep-13 19:40:03
Print Post

Re: Playstation 4 production ...one of them is mine

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Why not buy less games and just pick out the best ones, even if that means waiting until after release day for accurate reviews.

I think I have only completed 3 games this year, TLOU, Sleeping Dogs and LBP Karting (with my daughter), and also played BF3 online, I am kinda burned out on it now though. I have started a number of other games and just got bored.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Sep-13 01:34:49
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Your right mate it's my weakness and nothing makes me more happy than buying a game,thats when its good that is which is not to often lately.

Think come Playstation 4 I'm going to be far more particular in what i invest in and even if it gets rave reviews i be buying it if its not the type of game i like.

I do stay well clear of Sports games though and driving games as these do absolutely nothing for me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Sep-13 09:10:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Think come Playstation 4 I'm going to be far more particular in what i invest in and even if it gets rave reviews i be buying it if its not the type of game i like.
No you aint and good job too. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about a hobby and if you can afford it, go for it. I would play everything if I had the time and money, no question.

Experience is the real teacher grasshopper. grin

Edited by mrnelster (Sun 08-Sep-13 09:11:42)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Sep-13 12:35:46
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Think I will limit it a little mate because I know this year alone I have bought games I know I'm not interested in just for the sake of a new game.

Diablo 3
Saints row 4
Killer is dead
Splinter cell blacklist

All of the above I have purchased knowing dam well that 2 of those games got mediocre reviews and games like Diablo just don't do it for me,but I still went out and bought them and this has to stop.

My only excuse is the summer drought of games ,only lost planet 3 I left on the shelf and by all accounts this game would probably have been more to my liking even though the reviews were not all that great.

I just hope when we all get our hands on the Playstation 4 we see some leap in graphics and more decent games for the system

If history is anything to go buy it might be a year or so before we get some stability and better quality all round.

Not saying Killzone Shadowfall and Watchdogs don't look nice,but besides these most will probably look and play like Playstation 3 games until they get the hang of the system.

I know it's suppose to be way easier to develop for but I still think it will take some developers time and I still think we will get quite a lot of Drabble .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 09-Sep-13 10:34:11
Print Post

these modern AAA games have huge development budgets and this is why they multiplayer focused.

look at potential revenue streams.

single player game - purchase cost of game
possible DLC which many seem to skip over.

multiplayer game - purchase cost of game.
xbox gold subs (although this probably all goes to MS)
DLC usually much higher takeup as things like map packs deemed essential
monthly fees to play various multiplayer games.
higher release frequency possible as players get addicted for life and have to keep buying the new games to keep up hence the annual COD releases.
revenue from used game (repeat) sales via online passes.
it also cuts cost of developing game as no need to work so hard on an effective AI since its human vs human.

you not interested in that new rome game for nextgen?

ryse: son of rome

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Sep-13 11:55:13
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Nope because i am not buying a Xbox One and its exclusive to that platform,plenty of exclusives to pass the time away on the playstation 4 and lots of multi platform games also.

Watchdogs has me seriously excited and one of the games i am looking forward to having watched another developers diary of the game this morning.
  Print Thread

Jump to