Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Sun 08-Sep-13 10:46:45
Print Post

PlayStation Plus

[link to this post]

My PS+ subscription ends on the 16th of this month and so I am hunting for the best deal. Shopto.net are selling £35 network cards for £29.86, so thinking of getting one of them adding the extra £5 and buying the 1 year sub (with extra 90 days free) from PSN.

So if anyone needs to renew this is the best option I have found unless theres something I have missed?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Sep-13 12:26:11
Print Post

Re: PlayStation Plus

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I have mine set for auto renewal so I don't generally search around for deals,all I know is it carries over to the playstation 4 network once that is in your home and set up.

Not even sure what the price of Playstation plus anymore only it was £39.99 last time I checked,don't know how anything can be cheaper than the network itself as this don't make any sense to me.

Saying that I have never understood how the playstation can charge £59.99 for digitally downloaded games that cost £39.99 for the equivalent retail copy.

This to me is utter greediness and complete nonsense and they seem to be taking advantage of people who can not be bothered to go to the shops,not only are you getting completely ripped of you don't have any trading facilities to get some of your money of if the game in question don't hit the dizzy heights you expected.
(member) Sun 08-Sep-13 13:56:55
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah standard price for a year is £39.99 which is actually a bargain already considering how many games you get...then again I haven't actually played all that many of them properly but still have got my moneys worth.

PSN have a deal at the moment, buy 1 years subscription and get a extra 90 days for free. You can stack the subscription so might be worth getting even if your PS+ doesn't need renewing yet. This deal ends on the 20th of September.
Shopto however have the PSN Credit codes on sale so the £35 one is £29.86, so using that (+ additional £5) instead of straight from my credit card I can get it for £35 lol smile

I agree about many of the digitally downloaded games, they are way over priced. They should be considerably cheaper than a physical copy for the reasons you said.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Sep-13 19:35:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Saying that I have never understood how the playstation can charge £59.99 for digitally downloaded games that cost £39.99 for the equivalent retail copy.

This to me is utter greediness and complete nonsense and they seem to be taking advantage of people who can not be bothered to go to the shops,

They are taking advantage of parents stupid enough to give their spoilt brats their credit card details laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Sep-13 23:58:39
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I don't understand Sony Logic with these games especially in times of hardship and recession,its pretty obvious that people are paying the inflated prices though because they have been doing this for years.

I can may be understand a couple of quid difference but even then digitally downloaded games should be the cheaper option .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 09-Sep-13 09:18:45
Print Post

its exactly as you said really.

digital downloads in theory should be cheaper as the entire supply chain is much lower costs. No retail related costs such as shop assistants and building rent. However they are adding a premium to the conveniance factor.

There is also I believe an agreement with retailers that will never undercut retail. Retailers sadly still seem to have too much power with the forced retail exclusive content and these type of agreements.

Occasionally tho bargians can be had, I brought vesperia of the microsoft marketplace for £20, at the time there was no physical copies anywhere as they wasnt been produced, and people were selling 2nd hand copies on ebay for £70. Occasionally is sales as well. I dont know about the playstation side of things tho, interestingly DLC on the playstation costs more than the xbox, as the playstation has less favourable exchange rates.

I got AC3 of xbox marketplace for £4.99. Just brought the single player DLC for it on a 50% off deal as well.

Of course as well digital purchases dont need a disc inserted to play so thats further conveniance as well as speedier loading.

From what you guys have posted and what I have observed on DLC it does seem the sony side is worse than microsoft for online purchases.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 09-Sep-13 09:20:22)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-13 09:23:56
Print Post

They should be much cheaper, there is no packaging, no transportation costs and no handling cost. To change more or even the same is taking the [censored]. And anyone that pays the over inflated prices is a fool
tongue

It seems [censored] is a swear word :/

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Sep-13 12:02:33
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Extracting the Urine i think you mean....wink
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Sep-13 13:32:59
Print Post

And at the time evil MS is giving away games to Gold customers.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Mon 09-Sep-13 14:15:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Remember that if you have a PlayStation Plus subscription you get several 'free' games every month.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to