Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Sep-13 16:30:14
Print Post

Re: PlayStation Plus

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Yeah and every single one of them i have bought well before they get released on the store and thats the problem if you buy a lot of games,if you buy 3 or 4 a year and don't have a lot of time or have a family i can see this been very good for those that subscribe.

Only the other month i bought Shadow of Colossus and Ico twin pack game from the store and 4 weeks later it was free,i think Sony should reimburse playstation subscribers that do this and realises this is not wise selling a game at £19.99 one week and a couple of weeks later it becomes free on the playstation plus service.
Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Mon 09-Sep-13 16:42:10
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah it's probably not worth it if you buy all the games you want on release day. Then again I have read comments from people who think it's worth it for the cloud storage of your save games alone.

Suits me though the only game I have bought this year has been TLOU, the rest have been from PS+. A year of gaming for the cost of one full price. Bargain smile
Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Mon 09-Sep-13 16:45:21
Print Post

Yes I agree that selling a game on sale then giving it away free weeks later is not fair at all, they really need to stop doing that. Think they did something like that with Sleeping Dogs which I almost bought.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Sep-13 20:15:22
Print Post

Yep that's another I bought and it ended up on the store for free 4 months later .

So basically it sort of feeds the people that don't really buy a lot of games and is not much use to the people like me and yourself that buy quite a few.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Sep-13 20:16:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by astateoftrance:
Yeah it's probably not worth it if you buy all the games you want on release day. Then again I have read comments from people who think it's worth it for the cloud storage of your save games alone.

Suits me though the only game I have bought this year has been TLOU, the rest have been from PS+. A year of gaming for the cost of one full price. Bargain smile

I take that back as I thought like me you bought a lot of games .wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 10-Sep-13 06:51:11
Print Post

they rent you them for free right?

by that I mean if you cancel ps+ you lose access to play them.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Sep-13 07:41:10
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Correct.....

But now everybody is going to have to pay the £39.99 with the playstation 4 if you want to play online games,its something that has been coming for a long time and hopefully they will improve the playstation service which is not on par with Xbox Live which has always been a paid service.

One thing i hope they really improve on is the extreme slow download speeds and instal procedure that takes a age on a playstation 3.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Sep-13 09:04:45
Print Post

They better not make PS3 pay to play

I noticed they gave away free games when they got hacked but they disappeared too. Thanks for nothing sony

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 10-Sep-13 10:54:27
Print Post

its a good job I dont play online on consoles.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Sep-13 11:58:37
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

To be honest Swanny I'm not sure what they will do regarding the playstation plus subscription that is required for the Playstation 4.

If i was to take a guess i would think this would be across board to be totally honest as it would be totally unfair to charge for online on a P4 and not a P3.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to