Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Fri 25-Apr-14 22:04:09
Print Post

Re: PlayStation Plus

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Here is the new content for May:

Entering PS Plus:

30th April: Stick it to the Man
30th April: Payday 2
30th April: Puppeteer
30th April: Muramasa Rebirth
30th April: Everybody’s Golf

Leaving PS Plus:

30th April: Mercenary Kings
30th April: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
30th April: Bioshock Infinite
30th April: Hotline Miami (Cross Buy)
30th April: MotoGP13
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 26-Apr-14 11:13:02
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

curious what you guys think is the future of ps3 (and xbox360) digital content?

So by that I mean.

PSN+ content
DLC
Purchased content.

Do you think it will all go dark when they stop selling the consoles? meaning people lose content.

Given sony's history with psp and ps2 I think the sony side will be ok. But if any of these companies try to pull a stupid stunt like shutting down online services I wont buy any new consoles from them.

Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Apr-14 11:59:51
Print Post

Cheers trance, I always forget to check since getting the PS4. smile

Puppeteer's a definite for me and Stick it to the Man looks interesting.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Apr-14 14:24:22
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Depends if the service is still profitable and is still used by a high number of people, otherwise it will be shut down.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Apr-14 18:29:06
Print Post

What makes me laugh is the complete lack of content week in and week out on both the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One.

You would think that come every weekly update we would have some serious Indy Games or at least some better content .

All the stuff seems to be focused on the older generation,why isn't World of Tanks on next gen,I just don't get it.

The only real bonus will be when the new games like Watchdigs and Wofenstein look far better on the newer machines.

Seriously though I have to openly admit as to this day 6 months later I didn't need to buy any of the current next generation machines ,I would actually say I have done less gaming in the last 6 months than all of my previous gaming years.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 26-Apr-14 22:35:14
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

there seems to be some anger out there at the moment why DLC indie/arcade games havent been carried over. That and the fact that the ps3/360 install base is higher is probably affecting where developers target their platform.

Also given how long it takes to make a game, my guess is any small developer who was making in game in 2013 to be released in 2014 will have targeted 360/ps3/pc not ps4/x1. So basically will be a time lag.

Whats happened with xbox live content e.g. I think has put people of digital content, and people suddenly are wary and maybe waiting to see if old content gets shutdown. If it does I think digital sales will nosedive off a cliff. So if we take trance's replay as an example, sony and co when making their decision have to factor in that a turn off will hit future sales as consumer trust will plummet.

(experienced) Sat 26-Apr-14 23:17:55
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

No prob. Was thinking Puppeteer would be a good game to play with my daughter but not sure if its suitable for a 7 year old, will have to check first. Anyone played the Payday games? Have the first one sitting on the PS3 but haven't tried it.
(experienced) Sat 26-Apr-14 23:21:16
Print Post

I would think any PS+ games would be yours for as long as you still subscribe to the service, I see no reason for them to remove them. Would only [censored] people off.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Apr-14 10:52:26
Print Post

I thought Payday was very good. The only trouble was that the controls were too heavy for my (Call Of Duty) preference. And it's really best played co-operatively with mates. Give the second one a go mate if it's free, it should be nice too look at if nothing else.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Apr-14 20:38:30
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I certainly do feel like I've missed out on anything by not buying a next gen machine

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to