Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-13 14:59:32
Print Post

Playstation 4 or Xbox One Your views..?

[link to this post]

Just thought i would start a little thread regarding the upcoming next generation of consoles,i know on and of we have discussed certain pros and cons,some people are not interested and will be sticking with PC gaming,others like me have ditched Microsofts console for obvious reasons and have concentrated on buying only a Playstation 4 because in all honesty i would have bought both.

So i though i would try and get some thoughts and in depth opinions on what the gamers on these very forums plan on doing,are they buying at launch,have they pre/ordered.what are they buying,are they waiting for a price cut [poor Swanny] tongue

Any PC gamers on here thinking of purchasing a console for the first time in there life,if so your reasons and what console have you chosen.

What games do we all plan on getting at launch,because a Console is only as good as the software thats on it,there seems to be plenty of choice to keep me well occupied through the winter but not everyone likes FPS.

The Playstation 4 launch game KNACK looks like some throw back to the days of the Playstation 1 and i can see this in Swannys bargain bin pretty quick so he will be well chuffed if he decides to pick up a Playstation 4.

Swanny says he is not bothering and i say he will more likely be one of those people at the midnight launch but claiming he's not interested.wink

What i will say Swanny is well done for the amount of posts you have contributed on the Gaming forums lately as its well needed for sure.

Can we convince Spookish to go down the console route,why should we even try as a gamer at heart would know that there is far more games on the consoles because there is so much more money in it for developers.

Don't get me wrong myself i was once nothing but a PC player and at the time the games on the PC took an age to arrive on consoles if ever at all,there will be PC gamers amongst us that will deny it and tell me that PC still has the edge,in terms of raw power i agree,in terms of better games i disagree .

Edited by time2die (Wed 18-Sep-13 15:06:44)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Sep-13 17:10:20
Print Post

Re: Playstation 4 or Xbox One Your views..?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I never said I'm waiting for the price to drop. I'll get one when I feel the need to do so

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
laugh
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-13 17:18:04
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Thanks for your input that answered the question in the thread down to a tee tongue NOT.

What you should have said is if and when i get one it will be with the Battlefield 4 bundle or the prestige package where you get a toy soldier and a making of the game video,along with a booklet and a dog tag smile.....

Because its likely to be the only dog tag you are going to get hold of.tongue

Only Kidding...wink

Edited by time2die (Wed 18-Sep-13 17:21:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 01:48:47
Print Post

I was interesting to hear about the complete mess Microsoft made in releasing the console. I didn't watch the keynote speech as I dont have insomnia...

Both the PS4 and XBone are vastly overpriced, and I don't see how they are going to be better than a PC. Hopefully (for buyers) they will be able to add a keyboard and mouse...

It would be nice to develop for the XBox One, as long as you didn't have to use C# (which, like Java is a complete and utter mess). But I couldn't justify the cost of buying one just for that.

Another disadvantage of the consoles is, of course, software prices. I presume the difference will be vastly more than £10 this time, over the PC version.

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Sep-13 06:57:30
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I don't think £350 is expensive compared to PC's. And before anyone starts on the 'build your own' argument, I don't want to build my own PC, just as I don't want to build my own washing machine. I work too damned hard and that's not how I spend time in my bedroom. (That's where I'm practising for next years Got to Dance audition).

As for software I think you're right, although Sony did mention somewhere that they would not be changing the price of first party games at all. We'll have to wait and see if that was just a soundbite.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 08:17:29
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I dont now how you come to the conclusion the £349 is vastly over priced for a next generation console especially when you take into consideration whats inside the unit and the fact that 7 years ago the original launch of the Playstation 3 was £499.

£349 for a Playstation 4 is the deal of the year as far as I'm concerned,a new smartphone costs upwards of £600 like a Samsung galaxy.

Besides that i think that amount £349 is what you spend every month upgrading your PC tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 08:21:10
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

And a build your own PC costing £350 would be pretty dated and useless by todays standards .......Playstation 4 could have cost £600 and i still would have bought one,then take into consideration i wont be buying parts for it for the next 7 years and my only outlay is for games.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 19-Sep-13 13:46:21
Print Post

I think I am actually swinging back to Xbox One, a few of my friends are looking to get one and I like the look of a few exclusive games coming out which I have mentioned here such as Ryse and Quantum Break.

I've thought about it long and hard and I don't really care if they do go back on their word so I can play preowned as I never really buy preowned and the Kinect thing always being on that's fine too. If Microsoft want to sit and watch me play BF4 in my underpants they can do tongue

Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Thu 19-Sep-13 14:53:40
Print Post

I will be getting a PS4 next gen, no doubt about it. It costs less, is better and seems aimed more at the core gamer (they seem to understand what's important to gamers). I admit I am biased towards Sony as the PS3 is the only console I've had this gen and I have been very happy with it. Microsoft would have had to do something very special for me to switch.

Not yet decided when I will get one, probably not at launch though.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 15:07:06
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Well i never.........Going back to a Xbox One........John McEnroe comment tongue Are you serious wink

Nothing for me as far as Microsoft concerned and like trance they would seriously have to blow me away with games totally exclusive to that platform........And as of yet i aint seen any.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to