Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-13 23:56:09
Print Post

Battlefield 4 Beta

[link to this post]

Is out on the 1st October. Will be interesting to see if there has been anything new added, beyond the "Commander" mode...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 00:23:21
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

So is GTA5 online so who cares about Battlefield 4 beta.....I don't wink
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 01:39:57
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I do - but I don't care about GTA 5...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 08:13:13
Print Post

If you had to pay you would have little to no interest.wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Sep-13 19:28:48
Print Post

Battlefield 4 weapon customisation detailed by EA Games

Useful interview with the lead game designer at DICE about BF4's new weapons customisation options.

Initially, I didn't give a hoot as imo, there's far too much detail in BF3 and for me, it detracts hugely from the game. But having watched the video, I'm pleased to say it now all makes sense (even if the detail is a bit nit-picky to say the least).

As someone who knows next to nothing about guns, I like the comparison between stats such as handling, power and recoil etc that change as you swap grips and use different sights and suchlike. This way I might actually start taking more of an interest in these weapons.

The whole paint-job aspect is pushing things a little too far tho. No doubt EA are pursuing a lot of this customisation thing to open up even more avenues for making money. We'll probably be able to buy branded accessories next and pay to use a likeness of Brad Pitt or somesuch or even have your own face grafted onto your soldier (yuk).

Someone actually got v-bagged last night when I was in-game (BF3). Hehehe. Maybe I'll get lucky eh? grin wink

Edited by SPOOKish (Thu 19-Sep-13 19:30:06)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Sep-13 20:08:55
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 4 weapon customisation detailed by EA Games

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I mainly use the SCAR H with a grip, red dot and the suppressor. And the L86A2 with grip, extra mag and red dot. Side arm is always the M1911 with a torch to blind the [censored] before they die laugh
They suit me and I use them for every map. No doubt I'll find something I like in BF4 and stick with them rather than messing about changing set ups for each map

When you play in a squad with your mates you each have different set ups set for your vehicles otherwise it's a waste. My tanks always set up with reactive armour, smoke and guided shells. My mate has proximity scan

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
laugh
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Sep-13 21:28:17
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Yeah, that's another thing - the vehicle unlocks!

At the end of a round there's sometimes notice you've unlocked quicker reloading or somesuch on the APC thing. I note now that the Javelin thing is pretty useless as 99% of people have an emc jammer.

Not that the Stingers were ever that useful but why oh why can't EA do something about the invincibility of planes and some helos? Some people are just too good. One guy was in a helo and typing all throughout whilst killing everybody. He must've been God.

It's too complicated for me.

Anyway, moaning over. Yeah, torches eh. Never thought they'd be so useful. Some of my best games this past week have been on team deathmatch servers where 99% of people are infantry. Unusual for me to prefer that mode but without the planes etc, maybe it's a more level playing field?

One of the things I really miss on the PC version is lack of comms. There's none at all in game so being in a squad, much of the time, nobody bothers staying together. I don't have any mates playing this either except for Gzero and that ilh guy who've both disappeared. And where are the populated servers [censored]??

It's really hard finding a decent game and I often prefer Conquest mode as it's the most like the good old days of BF1942. Man, I miss that so much. It was such a laugh.

One thing, do you need to equip vehicle unlocks like that proximity scan/emc jammer one? Or is it just activated as standard when you unlock it?

Oh, and I use the SCAR H a lot too. I find using a simple (non magnified) scope best for TD type games though I've been using other weapons in an attempt to unlock more stuff for them like with the FAMAS rifle in the attack kit guy thing. That's quite fun as it's nice and powerful. Wouldn't it be great if you could throw your knife? laugh
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Sep-13 23:00:58
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I wouldn't mind paying if the game actually interested me...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Sep-13 00:29:28
Print Post

Here we go again.........Battlefield,Battlefield,Battlefield.........You and Swanny should team up elope and get married wink
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 20-Sep-13 01:50:35
Print Post

You have comms on battlelog, form a group and you have comms for in game.

Orange BB 5856/448
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to