Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 08:46:13
Print Post

GTA favourite character

[link to this post]

Just wondering if you have a favourite character in GTA?

My favourite character is Franklin and try to play him as much as possible, he seems like the best of a bad bunch.
I really don't like the Trevor and try to avoid playing him as much as possible. Not a nice person at all.

Even though the game's what it is I try to be a good person whilst playing and was even a bit [censored] off when I killed one of the Jurors friends. The girl on the yacht that was dirty dancing for him. Not happy when I run people over by accident either. But if someone has a go at me then they're fair game and I'll open a can of whoop [censored] on them smile
Maybe I'm taking it too seriously laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
laugh
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Sep-13 17:45:56
Print Post

Re: GTA favourite character

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I think you are!

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 18:26:18
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

tongue

Car then?

Swanny
laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 19:29:46
Print Post

If anybody runs over my lap dancer, there'll be hell to pay. wink
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Sep-13 22:12:12
Print Post

Cars are great for running people over!

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 22:43:53
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Has she sent you any texts yet??

Swanny
laugh
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Sep-13 23:05:40
Print Post

I tend to run too many people over that's my problem. Just drive all over the pavement and take short cuts through parks and on the beach etc. After a while you won't mind running everybody down as they are just a nuisance and in the way. tongue

See your point with playing characters you might not really like that much - I've had moral conflicts in games before - like in Skyrim when want you to kill Parthanax but if something is necessary I'll do it regardless. With GTA it's a bit different in you're encouraged to let your hair down and go on the rampage - they're just sprites afterall.

Having said the above there's definitely a limit and overall I consider myself to play stupidly morally in the main as I can't get myself to play evilly. In Dishonoured I finished the game as good - there were two other endings - middle of the road and evil, dependent on how much carnage you caused throughout the game but it's a game and I meant to go back and see how much damage I could manage to get the evil ending. I bet Timey got the evil one if he even finished it. grin

Well. Probably an interesting subject for social scientists in the emerging field of cyberpsychology, how you play in morally conflicted circumstances and how easy it is for some to take the moral handbrake off.

smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Sep-13 08:30:47
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I just got to the part where Trevor has to torture a sprite. They give you a few options on how to do it and I choose what I thought would be the less harmful for the sprite. Waterboarding. You have no choice but to do it if you want to carry on with the story. I just skipped the scenes to get out of that part

Not the sort of thing I imagine people will want their kids to do even if it is just a game

Swanny
laugh
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 24-Sep-13 09:10:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I just got to the part where Trevor has to torture a sprite. They give you a few options on how to do it and I choose what I thought would be the less harmful for the sprite. Waterboarding. You have no choice but to do it if you want to carry on with the story. I just skipped the scenes to get out of that part

Not the sort of thing I imagine people will want their kids to do even if it is just a game

I agree, I was slightly uncomfortable playing that part. Perhaps a little too far?

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Sep-13 09:17:40
Print Post

Well at the end of the day it's a rated M for mature and if the irresponsible parents let there children play this sort of game then why should sound minded adults that know the difference between real life violence and in game fiction

We had the same with tha Airport scene in Modern Warfare and I'm sick to death of the stupid idiots and mindless thugs that use games as a excuse to justify there stupid irresponsible behaviour to the extent of the terrible shootings in American Schools and the Norway Masacre which both had links to those people and violent games.

It's a game,it's meant to get a response ,but it's not meant for pea brained idiots to reinact what's in a fictional piece of software,these people are what they are with or without games.

Edited by time2die (Tue 24-Sep-13 09:20:19)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to