Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Oct-13 21:32:06
Print Post

GTA Online Disaster

[link to this post]

Glad I never bothered

Based on this review I'm glad I did not waste my time with this today,yes some of the problems we all new would happen with the amount of people that bought the game,but this is in no way in any playable state and Rockstar better hurry up and get it sorted,

They new millions would be connecting to this and they have had a closed beta for weeks but this guy ain't impressed and I don't blame him...
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Oct-13 23:04:12
Print Post

Re: GTA Online Disaster

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Just early experience but a bad one for sure. Hopefully it's not the hardware that's causing these issues but just bugs that need ironing out.

My own interest in GTA Online waned massively when I learned how limited it was in terms of players. I think it's 16 max, isn't it? Well. I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed in that but it detracts from my initial idea that it could be quite cool to be in a massive world with lots and lots (hundreds) of real humans playing interspersed with the usual AI. Might be cool.

I wouldn't write it off just yet. Maybe it'll be better on next-gen consoles. Maybe not.

[Shrugs shoulders]

Meh.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Oct-13 09:21:13
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I tried to connect last night after getting fed up with BF4 and couldn't get on

First, let me get the good stuff out of the way. Itís cool the way the character creation scheme is setup, utilizing the lineage of your parents and their parents, to essentially form the look of your character. You then choose what type of person you are, for example, how much you work out, work legally, sleep, and party. These all factor into your attributes and what type of character you are within the online city of Los Santos. Unfortunately for me, this is where my fun essentially stopped.

I thought this was a complete waste of time, seems like some sort of weak data-mining BS

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Wed 02-Oct-13 09:24:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Oct-13 10:18:33
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Don't exactly look like a Keeper based on this shambles,quite amazed really that a top production company like Rockstar release there top rated game in this state when they have had months to sort it with there closed beta.

And reading the Rockstar comments about they never expected the game to sell as well as it did is complete [censored]
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 02-Oct-13 15:43:29
Print Post

Its all publicity for rockstar, very few online games have a smooth launch and i doubt they expected as many to play the game- normally you have a peak at the start and then a decline to a stable amount of players for any online title.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 09-Oct-13 11:53:18
Print Post

It's pretty dang awesome now it's all working OK. I have spent the last two nights on it with my mates and I think it's brilliant! The variety of missions is incredible, I think they have really done a good job of the multiplayer and it's not often games like this work well with multiplayer, in fact I cannot name one I have enjoyed.

Last night 4 of us setup a crew, did about 20 missions and every single one was different. The screen when choosing missions is really well laid out, shows exactly what you can do and what it will entail. Then if you're bored of doing missions you just go into free roam and walk about doing odd jobs, buy yourself somewhere to live etc.

To the person above who said 16 would be limited, I think it's a good number as anymore and it would be crowded. There is already a hell of a lot to do, when you walk down the street you might get a random event start that you can get involved in or someone may invite you to a mission they are about to start etc.

I think the apartments thing is really well thought out, 2 of my mates have bought them now and I am hopefully going to get one tonight smile

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-13 12:15:24
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Slowly i am just getting into the game having not really bothered the last few weeks,have yet to try the online mode and how it all works because of the previous issues.

Its good that you now think its all sorted but I'm guessing you need a few friends to get the better experience and I'm not sure how the online mode actually works if connecting as a single player.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 09-Oct-13 12:19:47
Print Post

There is still a bug apparently that if you login and it says "cannot connect to cloud, do you want to start a new game?" you need to back out, back out, back out!!! Otherwise it will damage your existing character.

I haven't experienced it yet though and play for me has been seamless.

The way it works is you press swap to online from story when you're in the game and it just plops you in a random server with other people. You can then choose to do missions with those people in the game, or just free roam around. Careful though if you don't turn safe mode on people can just kill you in the street, I learnt that the hardway.

If you get a few mates on you can just choose to setup a new server, then you just put it as private and other people can't join you. I really really cannot express how fun it is when there are a few of you having a good crack on it. Their version of "Horde" called "Survival" is really good fun laugh

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 09-Oct-13 12:20:59
Print Post

Oh and also you can just press start and bring up your menu and then choose a to just quick join a mission, then it will put you into the mission select screen. Once you find a good group of people in one of them and have played a mission or two you can just continue to play with them until you're bored, then just drop back out to free roam.

It's all really well done!

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-13 12:23:47
Print Post

So you can play a horde type mode against waves of zombies and stuff.wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to