Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Oct-13 20:48:50
Print Post

Beyond two Souls Demo Now On P3 Store

[link to this post]

Just under 4 gig in size it's the first 2 missions,downloaded it and will test it after the footy later this evening,obviously it's a exclusive playstation 3 game so don't get looking for it on Xbox live.

Why I'm on the subject and I will repeat myself again,Sony better sort the horrendous install procedure and shoddy download speeds...

I mean let's talk about it.

From the Sony menu ...connect to playstation store...at least 30 seconds....Xbox live 5 sec if that.

The store itself is as laggy as hell and takes a age to load,you want to download something it's a tedious chore and takes about 4 clicks.

If you want to download in the background we have another wait and a loading bar...another 15 seconds depending on the size of the game/ demo.

Then once it's downloaded we have to stare at the screen for another 5 or 6 minutes why it installs,then if you click on play we have another message "Pleas Wait" while it sticks what you just downloaded and installed in the game folder.

I really do hope they sort this out come Playstation 4 time because it really is dead boring and a terrible interface which is dreadfully slow,I'm not convinced they will as they have left it like this for years already .
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Oct-13 23:32:06
Print Post

Re: Beyond two Souls Demo Now On P3 Store

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm sure they've sorted it. Wasn't it a RAM issue on the PS3?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Oct-13 23:41:15
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Don't know mate but they better have sorted it on the Playstation 4.........Anyway Beyond Two Souls is quite spectacular if i say so myself.

Never played anything quite like it,strange control settings,weird Game from what i have gathered but really drop dead gorgeous graphics,most defiantly looking forward to this game a week Friday.

Suppose it has much in common with Heavy Rain and there are plenty of QTE and button prompts from the 30 minute demo,it has potential i will give you that and looks really well made but really Weird also.

Edited by time2die (Wed 02-Oct-13 23:41:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Thu 03-Oct-13 10:34:23
Print Post

Sounds good will have to give it a play. smile
(member) Fri 04-Oct-13 21:03:51
Print Post

Just played the demo. I have mixed feelings about it. It's strange and unlike anything I have played before and the story seems really interesting, graphics are great also. It's more like a interactive movie than a game which I am not against but I am not sure I could stand playing it for hours, it almost felt like the demo was enough and I'd rather just sit back and watch than press buttons when prompted to.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 00:24:22
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I'd rather watch a film than watch a film and have to push buttons every now and then

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 00:38:05
Print Post

I understand it exactly what you mean in the way you describe the game,its a game that can grip you and have you suckered into the powerful story and the lovely way it acts out and plays,its also a game that could possibly get tedious very quickly unless the pacing changes throughout and the OTE are limited or done away with.

But still the game looks really sweet and for me anyway it has the privilege of been the very last Game for the Playstation 3 i will buy,can not say i will keep it for long who knows but i think its well worth a try out based on the demo i played and the gorgeous graphics and the fact its different to most games on the market.

As for my initial thoughts and the fact i was going to trade in the Playstation 3 come November i may yet change my mind,not because i will play it but the latest price trade in for my Playstation slim 120 gig edition is worth just £30 trade in value at Blockbusters,6 weeks ago it was £70 and come November it will be the price of a packet of Cigs because of the deludge of consoles that will be coming through all the trade outlets.mad
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 00:40:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by astateoftrance:
Just played the demo. I have mixed feelings about it. It's strange and unlike anything I have played before and the story seems really interesting, graphics are great also. It's more like a interactive movie than a game which I am not against but I am not sure I could stand playing it for hours, it almost felt like the demo was enough and I'd rather just sit back and watch than press buttons when prompted to.

This is why i had slight reservations as i wasn't exactly blown away by Heavy Rain some 5 years back from the same guy and development studio.

Heavy Rain was a good game but not exactly the type of game that keeps me occupied for long periods,beyond two souls looks a lot better but you can tell its from the same stable.smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 08:31:53
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I'd rather watch a film than watch a film and have to push buttons every now and then
^ ^ ^ Wot he said grin
(member) Sat 05-Oct-13 09:34:28
Print Post

It's nice to see a game released that is so different from the norm but I found the demo tedious and annoying at times so I do not think I will go for the full game which is a shame as the story interests me. Maybe when its at a bargain price I will give it a shot.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to