Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 14:12:30
Print Post

Battlefield 4 Beta P3 ..Oh My God..

[link to this post]

Well i have one thing to say about this game having just downloaded the Playstation 3 Open Beta.....Oh my God...are you kidding me or what,actually thought i was playing Mine craft with automatic weapons...

Where are the graphics,where is the detail and why does everything look just plane Flat and very bright,battlefield fans will condemn me for having ago at there favourite franchise but this looks like a playstation 2 game at best and and thats probably doing it a favour.

Within 5 minutes of playing this so called upgrade to the Battlefield series i was frantically trying to login to my account to swap my Playstation 4 bundle that included this game.

There were only 4 options left for me to choose and no 3 game bundles that i required,so i cancelled the bundle with this junk Battlefield in it and went for a straight Killzone Shadowfall bundle and added Watchdogs.

I am now going to revisit the Television and delete this Beta as fast as possible as i don't want tripe like this cluttering up my hard drive space.

Abysmal looking game.lacks any detail,laggy as hell with some of the flattest textures i have ever seen and a game i wont be buying after seeing this for only 5 minutes.mad

On this basis Knack on Playstation 4 looks like a future Playstation 5 game........And thats saying something tongue.

Call of Duty Ghosts here i come once again.wink at least it looks 10 times better wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 04-Oct-13 14:17:34)

Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Fri 04-Oct-13 16:31:24
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta P3 ..Oh My God..

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Downloading it now... try and have a play later and see what I think. Sounds terrible from what you have said lol
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 17:16:24
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Horses for courses mate wink But if Swanny and Toady don't like it and they are hardened Battlefield fans then the writings on the wall and its not a surprise to me that i think what i do after only 10 minutes.

Yeah its a beta but things wont change as this game is already going to the manufactories for production and honestly it looks terrible.

If it looks better on a high end PC then fine but the playstation 3 version looks pants ! and roll on next generation based on this trash looking game,saying that i wouldn't even buy this on a Playstation 4 and i have today cancelled that game in my package.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Fri 04-Oct-13 18:00:22
Print Post

From what you have said it sounds like they have tried to do too much for this generation consoles and the graphics have suffered as a consequence, it should probably have waited and been a next gen only game.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 04-Oct-13 18:03:41
Print Post

The game is just BF 3.5, the beta is for server testing and finding new bugs with the game so expect a day 1 patch on launch.

BF3 never looked great on the consoles and i doubt BF4 will on launch, it would be best to wait till the next generation as it will benefit from the newer hardware thats not 7 years old.

Unti the game launches and the reviews come in you cannot judge a game on a beta as the build is quite old.

Orange BB 5856/448
(member) Fri 04-Oct-13 18:10:54
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

BF3 graphics would be fine with me if the gameplay and maps are good.
(member) Fri 04-Oct-13 19:37:18
Print Post

[censored] have they done to Battlefield?!?!

You are right the graphics are bad, terrible textures, and what have they done to the controls? BF3 is way better than this.

Edited by astateoftrance (Fri 04-Oct-13 19:41:48)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 19:42:10
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I would not even call it Battlefield 3.5 because at least Battlefield 3 looked nice,this looks god dam aweful server testing or not.

I spawned in a building with 4 square walls,terrible flat textures and absolutely no detail whatsoever ,everything looked one dimensional did Dice forget to load the textures and detail on this Beta or what

Kind of guessed it would be not that impressive when I saw the size of the beta download,from memory it was under 1.5 gig and for a game this size and expected detail I expected At least 5 if not more .

I know things can change and I appreciate that and all the Battlefield videos I have seen over the past 12 months have been really special,but this looks like a different game and is no way representative of what I have seen during the year at all the gaming events...
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Oct-13 19:48:57
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I'd like to get a PC take on this mate because I'm judging this by the Playstation version like you ,hope Swanny can confirm what he thinks and also what Toady thinks of it on his PC .

They have both already made comments but not really about graphics,textures and stuff...

For me to buy this on the Playstation 4 it would have to look 20 times better and get rave reviews for the platform and I just don't see much improvement to be honest given the amount of time developers have had with the playstation 4 hardware.

I'm Shocked ,really shocked at how shabby it looks and the amount of lag when basically nothing in the background is to taxing,even on ageing consoles this is shocking
(member) Fri 04-Oct-13 19:50:53
Print Post

Got to agree with you, I thought you were exaggerating before but it really is bad. BF3 was better than this even during the beta. Have quit it now and installing Beyond Two Souls demo.

Edited by astateoftrance (Fri 04-Oct-13 19:52:56)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to