Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 04-Oct-13 22:16:13
Print Post

consoles end of life

[link to this post]

interesting video report here on when consoles may start to lose market share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOPM-bvC13s

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 00:34:12
Print Post

Re: consoles end of life

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I think they may price themselves out of the market charging £60 for a game

Consoles wont last forever technology moves on

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 00:52:13
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

You both got to look at the bigger picture even though i agree with you regards £60 for a Playstation 4 Xbox One game.

If you look at history and you have been gaming for the last few decades you will remember the days of the Super Nintendo and well before the likes of Shopto.net,Game,and Gamestation were even around.

There was a lot of smaller independent Gaming shops dotted around the country with various gaming names who did a roaring trade on imports and for a short while i was one of them as i had my own back street gaming shop for 6 months.

Games like Super Street fighter would sell for £90,games like Super Metroid [my all time favourite] would sell for a similar price when bought through one of these shops who sold imported carts.

Even official Pal Games when officially released in the uk arrived up to 12/18 months later were priced between £49.99 and £59.99.

When the Nintendo 64 came to market and was released in the uk Mario 64 was £59.99 and Turok Dinosaur Hunter was £69.99 and we are talking 15 /20 years ago here.

So if games of today cost £50 to £60 and they are decent games with high production quality,isn't that a reasonable argument to justify the price hike given that some games on some consoles cost as much if not more on inferior hardware two decades ago...........just a thought ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 00:56:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:

They will never price themselves out of the market,pre/orders of the Playstation 4 have gone through the roof and people are well informed about the game prices.

And if you buy only a handful of games a year [Swanny] wink Then it aint that much of a hardship given the amount of enjoyment you get from gaming.

Anyway at least we are not going to get the next 12 months of Battlefield 4 spam posts based on you recent thoughts and opinions........Apart from your dislikes if you indeed are intent on purchasing it unlike me who shall commit a cardinal sin and now buy Ghosts instead.blush
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 08:12:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:

They won't be £60 mate. Just like TLOU was £39.99 (£17 for you wink) even though FIFA for example, was in the forties (FIFA has a lot of player name/club/ground royalty baggage to cover). RRP's have always been much higher and you would only ever pay them in your local BP or from the Empire catalogue for example, that may be extending you credit.

The console market is extremely competitive.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 08:28:35
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

So he watched a video by David, who watched a video by Chris, who watched a video by Linus. Then we get a webcam blog from 20 year old David whilst driving his car. A 'report' you called it?

Big business must be [censored] itself......

The irony is Chrysalis, when technology moves on and my console is intergrated into my TV/living room wall/tumble dryer, I will embrace it and be playing BF4 during a 1400 spin cycle. You will most likely be arguing that your old twin tub is more than adequate, and the online plug 'n' play white goods industry is dying on its [censored].
Standard User astateoftrance
(member) Sat 05-Oct-13 09:22:32
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah the RRP for this gen is also £59.99 yet they are usually £39.99 in the shops, the same should be the case for next gen given some time.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 10:12:19
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Anyway at least we are not going to get the next 12 months of Battlefield 4 spam posts based on you recent thoughts and opinions......

GTA V online is now my game of choice so I'll talk about that and probably some BF3 smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-13 10:14:10
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
So if games of today cost £50 to £60 and they are decent games with high production quality,isn't that a reasonable argument to justify the price hike given that some games on some consoles cost as much if not more on inferior hardware two decades ago...........just a thought ?

If they sold them at £40 they'd sell a hell of a lot more of them, less profit but more turn over

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 16:43:32
Print Post

Can not believe that you prefer GTA 5 online given that it's completely broken at present and needs some serious fixing.

Well you have surprised me as I didn't even have you down for even buying GTA 5.smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to