Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Oct-13 17:57:55
Print Post

This is What Battlefield 4 should have looked like

[link to this post]

Sadly not even close.

Killzone Shadowfall truly Looks epic and a real next generation game wink
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Sun 06-Oct-13 20:11:44
Print Post

Re: This is What Battlefield 4 should have looked like

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Looks really good but I haven't played any of the previous ones which I would want to do before playing this.

To be fair BF4 would never of looked this good because it is on both current and next gen.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sun 06-Oct-13 22:03:16
Print Post

BF4 beta on 360 and ps3 has graphics texture issues, if you compare to the PC beta then its quite a step up, PC and next gen consoles will show BF4 off alot better then 7 year old hardware and you cannot compare single player footage to multiplayer as their completely different.

Orange BB 5856/448

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Oct-13 23:22:12
Print Post

And that's off screen footage. Can't wait. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Oct-13 00:17:40
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I doubt Battlefield 4 will look much better given the development time and the fact the Playstation 4 and Xbox One ship in 2 months......

As for it been single player then you have a point,but then again i can show you some drop dead gorgeous multiplayer videos of the game in action and it trounces Battlefield regardless.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 07-Oct-13 00:45:00
Print Post

Well ive looked at a few Killzone Multiplayer footage videos and its just basically cod, so small maps and low player count (24) with no destructible terrain.

Battlefield is a completely different type of FPS, if you want to compare killzone then cod is the closest thing to it in terms of FPS type.

If you want to compare graphics you have to wait until BF4 and Killzone are both out on PS4, see which game makes the best use of the new console.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Oct-13 09:48:55
Print Post

I have seen the Battlefield 4 videos on Playstation 4 and they look very good,im just not convinced at present that this game will shine or look very good Multiplayer on consoles at least.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Oct-13 09:52:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Well ive looked at a few Killzone Multiplayer footage videos and its just basically cod, so small maps and low player count (24) with no destructible terrain.

Battlefield is a completely different type of FPS, if you want to compare killzone then cod is the closest thing to it in terms of FPS type.

If you want to compare graphics you have to wait until BF4 and Killzone are both out on PS4, see which game makes the best use of the new console.

Low player count 24,what you expecting on the Xbox One and Playstation 4 then,not everything is destructible in Battlefield 4 and if it looks like the Playstation 3 beta then they should not have bothered with it anyway,this was by far one of the worse FPS i have seen for a long time and expect countless patches on day one on a massive size and scale.

When you look at

THIS on Xbox One it looks Drop Dead Gorgeous .

Edited by time2die (Mon 07-Oct-13 10:05:28)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Oct-13 15:37:33
Print Post

That video starts off really funny. Getting used to the controls I guess. Love the way (@ c.36 secs) he throws a grenade right on the spot of his own prone team mate. It's what I would've done too. laugh

Yeah, the gfx looked nice there. The lighting and colour saturation and enhanced level of detail compared to the beta looked good, sort of reminded me of STALKER with the tank graveyard.

CCXO makes some good points tho. Battlefield offers a lot more processing effects like destructible environments which do have a largish impact on the nature of the game (depending on level). Yeah, not everything's destructible unfortunately but then there are no nukes as far as I'm aware of. grin
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 07-Oct-13 21:00:11
Print Post

If Dice can get 64 players on the PS4/Xbone versions of BF4 and the previous version had 32 players for killzone, why the decrease on a more powerfull console.

Destruction is a great tool for a fps but it has to be balanced for gameplay and performance.

BF3 looked bad on PS3 and 360, Dice should have dropped the old generation and focused on the new generation alongside the PC lead platform.
So you are using a beta version of the worst platform to judge the games graphics, until its released on PC-Xbone/PS4 you cannot judge the graphics.

As for patches all fps have a day 0 patch and more will follow to improve performance and balance the game.

Orange BB 5856/448
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to