Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-13 23:30:03
Print Post

Cod Ghosts gets Dedicated Servers All Platforms.

[link to this post]

Call of Duty: Ghosts to have dedicated servers on all platforms
08 Oct, 2013

Infinity Ward has confirmed that Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer will have dedicated servers on all platforms, not just PC and Xbox One.

"Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts," executive producer Mark Rubin posted via Twitter.

“And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance.”

Call of Duty: Ghosts will be released on PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 on November 5, with PS4 and Xbox One versions due around the time of their launch.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Oct-13 23:39:13
Print Post

Re: Cod Ghosts gets Dedicated Servers All Platforms.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Call of Duty: Ghosts to have dedicated servers on all platforms: matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance.”*

There. I've summariseed it. How many times can you say dedicated servers?

Is this the innovation the COD series needs to become relevant again to FPS multiplayer fans the world over?

Who will MrNelster be playing with his dodgy (faster than light) fiber connection? Someone in outer space maybe?

Stay tuned...

* also known as a dedicated server hopefully some place near you with people near you and not with people from far far away crazy

Edited by SPOOKish (Wed 09-Oct-13 23:41:44)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Oct-13 01:01:20
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I'll be playing old man Time now that he has a 10ms ping! smile

Alien extinction mode it is then Timester?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Oct-13 01:25:07
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

OAP extinction mode more like...

wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Oct-13 03:53:41
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated
Dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated

There are a few for starters tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Oct-13 03:54:55
Print Post

Are you trying to suggest that i will have online woes like you because of my Fibre Connection,if thats the case i will go back to standard Adsl.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Oct-13 03:56:09
Print Post

Well i say wink Has the Mrs actually gave you permission then tonguehas she untied the Apron Strings and let lose the nester into the world of adult gaming as we know it.blush

Doubt you be playing me mate,you be on the Creche servers mate Playing that wonderful epic fail known as KNACK.

You know the one wink you buy one,you one free,you buy one you get one free,you buy one you get one free...But even more annoying than that advert.

Well time to go to Spook land now to pick the Mrs up from Gatwick.......Spooks more than likely just gone to bed tongue

Edited by time2die (Thu 10-Oct-13 04:02:31)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Oct-13 04:15:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Well time to go to Spook land now to pick the Mrs up from Gatwick.......Spooks more than likely just gone to bed tongue

Not yet mate! But I should.

Wondered why you was up so late. I was shocked! Thought you'd caught vampirism or something. Didn't know you could catch that over the internet. Maybe that's how I caught it?

Easy on the gas then Mr Timey. We don't wanna hear how you've been busted for driving at 120 mph, you're not playing GTA V now y'know, sunshine!

laugh
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Oct-13 06:18:35
Print Post

Dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated.....warp.

Dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated,dedicated.....spawn kill.

Still getting it though. wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Oct-13 07:35:00
Print Post

Mrnelster has broken the forum! Again (probably)! This is definitely a banning offense. 2 days holiday for you and enforced slave labour (washing up). tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to