Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Oct-13 23:44:42
Print Post

Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition - Steam Deal

[link to this post]

Anyone played the extended stuff for Assassin's Creed 3? Is it worth it? Any good?

I ask as the standard edition (for PC) is £7.99 (a bit of a bargain?) and I'm thinking of getting it. But Steam have the expanded DLC stuff going for an extra £8 (£15.99). But is it worth it?

Jaax? Toady? Anyone? Ok. Even you Timey...! wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Oct-13 03:49:35
Print Post

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition - Steam Deal

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Im waiting for a price drop tongue thats way to expensive.blush
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 10-Oct-13 09:32:27
Print Post

Personally I don't think the Deluxe Edition is that worth it and I am a massive AC fan as you probably know haha! The main game itself is brilliant, I hope you get it and enjoy it. The story is fantastic, it really starts to tie up with the other games smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Oct-13 18:27:38
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Thanx Jaax. Yeah, I seem to recall you may have mentioned Assassin's Creed here once or twice. tongue

So, just the normal version then you reckon? Okey doke. Who wants to waste £8 on some weird sheet about George Washington going bonkers and crowning himself.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 12-Oct-13 18:48:02
Print Post

its on my wishlist and i got the alert.

I nrought the game on a deal for the 360 of the xbox marketplace about a month or so ago, played it for a bit and I dont really like it that much, so I skipper over the steam deal, I will only buy off steam if it goes absolutely crazy cheap like under £5 including ALL the DLC which I think wont happen.

Also I am in a dispute with steam at the moment, I brought godus which wont even fire up (and the developer of the game have given up on the problem). They refusing to do a refund although their policy is overriden by law, I have to be careful tho as steam have been known to close accounts under disputes and revoke all game licenses as a retaliation for people who press legally.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Oct-13 00:02:16
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Yeah that's the main problem with Steam. I hope they don't revoke any of my stuff. I guess I accept that Steam own my as s when it comes to my game collection and there's practically nothing I can do to get redress if something goes wrong. With the media industry and shrink wrap licencing, downloadable Ts and Cs, you've got no choice but to accept regardless and life's too short so they win by default.

As for AC3, I played the introductory levels till I got to America but I really didn't like it at all and I'm not sure I like it still. The graphics are really lacking in the main I thought so right now, I'm glad £7.99 is all I paid.

Weird you can't get Godus working. Fortunately, I've never really had any major problems with Steam like a game totally refusing to play. Guess you've Googled for intel already then?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 13-Oct-13 06:19:52
Print Post

googling only found mac users with the problem not windows.

every other steam/pc game I have works fine. godus wont even launch tho.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Oct-13 22:06:45
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

You've obviously tried totally uninstalling the game, reg, cache etc, and any reference to it from your system and then reinstalling it eh?

It's a pita when something like that happens such is the joy of computer gaming I suppose.

Going back in to AC3 for another go. Hope it's better this time.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 15-Oct-13 10:27:56
Print Post

yeah I tried verifying game cache, uninstalling it, moving to c: drive (as usually I put games on hdd as c: is my boot ssd). Reinstalled directx but I think this game is a opengl game which may be the problem as all my other games I think are directx.

good luck with ac3.

With godus I may try it on another one of my machines but I dont know how that will work as steam, I think tends to be tied to one machine.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Oct-13 21:54:24
Print Post

I found the issue by the way.

I have SEHOP enabled for extra security and it turns out godus is incompatible with it, apps can be opted out tho and I opted out godus.exe which makes the game run fine. I passed on the findings to 22cans.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to