Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 08:47:42
Print Post

How To Get a Free Playstation 4

[link to this post]

It involves Twitter by the looks of it and Shopto.net in the news...

Article..

Apology by Shopto

And for this he gets a Free Playstation 4 smile

Edited by time2die (Mon 14-Oct-13 09:22:54)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Oct-13 09:04:31
Print Post

Re: How To Get a Free Playstation 4 [blush]

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Wow. Storm in a teacup eh?

Either way you look at it ShopTo were wrong. The guy had done nothing wrong at all. His comment was offhand and easily judged as so but may be unfortunate in choice of words to be picked up so quickly by ShopTo.

ShopTo claim they'd misjudged the context which is a little hard to believe (Tweetdeck?) Maybe the person monitoring all this was just very tired or in a bad mood but should not have acted so quickly and harshly. The company tried to make amends for unfairly closing the guy's a/c but to me, it was a mistake to offer a free PS4 by way of PR. It just became a bigger story that way and it was over generous though probably quite cheap too in view of what seems to be pretty blatant unfair treatment of customer.

But hey? Can't companies treat their customers any-which-way they want? They can choose whether to continue to deal with someone entirely at their discretion provided they are fair. Anyway, a storm in a teacup. I think ShopTo still owe me for the charges they made to my a/c when I first set up an a/c with them a long time ago now. They were meant to refund the charges once they'd been made in order to prove my address was legit but never apparently did and couldn't help me when I raised the issue some years later admittedly, it took me that long in order to contact them due to being unable to login (they'd spammed me so much I got annoyed and stupidly scrambled up my email address, saved it so the daily emails or whatnot went elsewhere since I couldn't unsubscribe). My mistake as it turns out since I couldn't create a new a/c based on the same address or so it seemed?

I don't know. Maybe ShopTo are just petty? I'm pretty sure they still owe me £3 or whatnot. To find out for sure if they ever paid it back or not I'd have to ask my bank and it's not really worth it anymore. Hey ShopTo, I'm pretty sure should be reading this, I had rougher treatment - how about a nice, um, PS4 for me too!* tongue

*Or perchance just the money you took out of my a/c and never seemingly returned or in the case you did, how about confirming it for me? As I politely asked? Eh? Instead of me having to dredge up my own bank details.... Sigh. crazy
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 09:28:48
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I have been singing the praises regarding shop to.net for about 4 years,but once there was a guy who came on these gaming forums telling me about the terrible treatment he received and the fact they had banned him from the site and the forums for something really stupid which i can not quite remember now.

I told him in no uncertain terms if they had done the same thing to me they could stick there shop where the sun don't shine and found it appalling treatment.

Im not happy with the recent bundle deals and the fact that the people that spend lots of money don't get the deals and it goes on a first come first serve basis.

But i have to say it as it is and in 4 years apart from basically getting most of my games a day before release they have never failed a delivery.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Oct-13 09:56:46
Print Post

Yeah, I remember that guy and your conversations with him. And I know they have an excellent delivery record with you.

Not had any good experience with them as yet. Maybe in future? Not knocking ShopTo really as all online businesses have their fair share of bad service regardless of how hard they work it seems. It's not easy running an operation of that magnitude and not easy trying to provide good customer service on small margins I'll warrant.

Anyway...

Yeah. I feel for ya Timey old chap, I do. I'm in agreement that people like yourself who should be regarded as the most loyal of customers should be treated better. Okay, so maybe they did allocate all those PS4 bundle deals to the very first people in the queue but people like yourself could have been treated a little better! By 'little', I mean a lot. Some kind of discount or vouchers or something to say sorry but thanks and we appreciate your custom etc.

I dunno.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 10:06:17
Print Post

Re: How To Get a Free Playstation 4

UPDATE....Get this Spook.

Just out of curiosity i just logged into my shopto account and was greeted with a pop up asking me would i like to swap for the KILLZONE MEGA BUNDLE DEAL.........smile nester is now crying in his soup as we speak tongue

So without any hesitation and given the fact i only had 48 hours to make up my mind i clicked the Swap Option,basically i only needed 0.5 of a second once this pop up came on screen.

Had to send them a message though as I'm not quite sure whats in the bundle having forgot what nelster said about them a few weeks ago.

But if my memory serves me correct [and it is a little Naive ,Old age] blush i think a extra controller and camera is included which i ordered separately and looking at this bundle i will have saved £50.

Saying that when i heard about the bundle from nester i did give them a piece of Timeys Mind and threatened that i would go elsewhere in the future seeing the amount of money i had spent with them and the fact that loyal high spending customers never came into consideration with this deal.

Result anyway.........wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 14-Oct-13 13:28:25)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Oct-13 10:09:08
Print Post

Yeah... reeeeeesult! tongue

Hopefully it's an indication ShopTo are listening and treating their elderly clientele well. Age Concern will be proud! grin
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 13:30:30
Print Post

Thanks for your support tongue Good job you don't work for the Samaritans because i would probably end up hanging myself after speaking to you mad
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 16:58:43
Print Post

Poster: SPOOKish
Subject: Re: How To Get a Free Playstation 4 blush
Yeah... reeeeeesult!

Hopefully it's an indication ShopTo are listening and treating their elderly clientele well. Age Concern will be proud!

It works smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Oct-13 19:42:16
Print Post

...nester is now crying in his soup as we speak
^^^Not sure who that guy is, but guess what?

After reading your post, out of sheer petulance I emailed them:
Hi

It seems Amazon are offering Mega Bundles to customers that pre ordered before August. I ordered the first week in March. Is your stock really that limited?

And guess what? 20 mins later up popped da swap!

Whose ya nelly daddy now then? tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 20:02:44
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Double Drat.....Now I can not gloat for the next 6 weeks......tongue.

You better be telling the truth and not talking with fork tongue wink

Seems you don't ask you don't get so well done matey we both laughing.....

Seems Amazon have even undercut shopto by £30 also,not a big lover of Amazon if I'm honest as there delivery times are hit and miss and not to the same level of excellence off shopto.

Problem is with all this can not guarantee your Playstation if you ordered after 5th August there is little one can do about it having put all my eggs in one basket at shopto 8 months ago.

Even if I cancelled my order there it would be unlikely I would be getting a P4 on release and they know that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to