Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Oct-13 00:14:49
Print Post

Battlefield 4 ..When it looks nice...

[link to this post]

This is one of the many TV Trailers Dice/EA are going to use to promote Battlefield 4,when you see this and then play the playstation 3 beta you think you are playing a different game because based on the video i would not hesitate to pick this up if only it looks this good on a Playstation 4.

As for now its not on my order list but that may well change in the future.......wink

Video

Edited by time2die (Tue 15-Oct-13 00:15:50)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Oct-13 00:52:03
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 4 ..When it looks nice...

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Mind you, they showed some of this type of rubbish for BF3 CTF - all jazzy and what not. Unfortunatately, the reality is far, far different (and a lot less exciting) - never saw 2 vehicles fighting it out or a bike jumping over a helicopter...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 15-Oct-13 09:32:31
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:
Mind you, they showed some of this type of rubbish for BF3 CTF - all jazzy and what not. Unfortunatately, the reality is far, far different (and a lot less exciting) - never saw 2 vehicles fighting it out or a bike jumping over a helicopter...

Sounds like something from a Die Hard movie haha wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Tue 15-Oct-13 21:11:32
Print Post

It looks amazing in that trailer. It says actual game footage but on what system.. PS4..XBOX1 or more than likely a supercharged PC lol
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Oct-13 22:38:22
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

There was no sign of John McClain - or Hans either...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 16-Oct-13 00:29:31
Print Post

Vid link is not working but if its the latest video on the battlefield youtube channel then its likely PC footage as that was the main footage for BF3 advertising.

The PS4 and Xbone versions will look very similar to the PC footage, their are a few next gen console videos of gameplay from various gameshows and they are similar to the PC beta graphics.

Also Toad 1v1 vehicle fights are very common and alot of the stuff you see in the promo trailers does happen, its just a case of the players being in the same area at the right time for a bike to jump over a chopper.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Oct-13 11:32:41
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Checked the link all is working wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-13 20:25:39
Print Post

As for now its not on my order list but that may well change in the future.......
Same here.

As good as that video looked, I couldn't tell how much of it was actual gameplay. Going on the comments they have made claiming they are NOT aiming for platform parity, the results could look really nice on the PS4 but like you I will wait and see.
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Wed 16-Oct-13 20:30:52
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I think that's the best thing to do. But if it looks great on PS4/XBOX1 and [censored] on PS3/XBOX then they should have made it next gen only.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-13 21:00:32
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

There are two points worth mentioning there. The wider the demographic, the greater the profit forecast and the likelier a bigger development budget. And a bigger budget on a scalable engine (which Frostbite 3 claims to be comprehensively so) means there is no excuse for games to be held back by their predecessors on any platform.

That can't be too bad a thing can it? I think improved scalability this generation should lead to great games earlier on in the cycle, at least compared to the launch of the last generation anyway.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to