Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Oct-13 10:10:50
Print Post

What are you looking forward to most about next gen...

[link to this post]

...other than great advertising!?

I'm sure less "hardcore gamers" (not that I can financially claim to be hardcore - I only get to pick up perhaps four AAA titles each year frown) will promote the media functions of the Xbox One, but they're not really of much consequence to me. I don't really get the time between work and family to get the most out of those services.

So it got me thinking, how would I actually benefit from all the so called social connectivity? I don't do Facebook or any other social media sites. I opened a Flickr account once and to this day, it still sits there with two private pictures of a fish tank on it. To those of you that think you work long hours, try running your own business. Even when the tasks are mundane it still at times becomes all consuming, so I will likely never sensibly have the time to sit and learn to fiddle with YouTube, as in SPOOK's recently posted educational masterpiece (even if it was likely wasted on Old Man Time wink)

And that's why I think I'll probably be able to have some fun with the share button. Not having to think about recording anything or even pausing and looking through a menu to do so, makes me much more likely to take part. I'm assuming that having the button on the controller will mean simply pressing it straight after one of those Woah! moments that just seem to roll from one to the next in games like GTAV (although that could just be my driving style crazy).

So what I'm looking forward to most after Killzone Shadowfall, which looks drop dead gorgeous, is playing around with that share feature and, God willing, Rockstar releasing GTAV on next gen.

Anybody else?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Oct-13 10:46:17
Print Post

Re: What are you looking forward to most about next gen...

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Seven years is a long wait between Generations and the fact that we have 2 new Consoles coming this November is a breath of fresh air to me.....Nothing like a new Gadget now is there wink

As long as you don't Share any of your KNACK videos and ruin my Playstation 4 experience i will be happy tongue

GTA5 .....Umm....Thats a funny one,in some respects i think the games amazing and other times it bores me to death,think I'm about 25% through the single player when i have to go to flight School and go through some basic training before we pull of another heist.

Why oh Why do they make it so dam difficult to fly these aeroplanes,i must have spent about 1 hour taking of trying the different manoeuvres crashing and getting so frustrated i basically loaded The Last Of Us instead.

Not touched the online mode because I'm not really that bothered if I'm honest,very time consuming game and im not totally convinced i will end up keeping it.

Watchdogs delay has put a bit of a dampener on the Launch scene as this was a game that really had me excited,apart from Killzone there is little retail launch titles that really excite me,more than likely now get both Battlefield 4 and Ghosts.

I think there are many free day one digital games to download for free coming with the Playstation 4 like Resogun and i think there could be some fun games to be had on the store..

I will be watching the November 15th Usa Launch date with interest to get a early take on the playstation 4 and the Americans thoughts and opinions,and since the Xbox One launches a week before the P4 will be nice to get some thoughts and opinions to what Bert thinks of his new VCR blush
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Oct-13 11:08:55
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Shadowfall then Ghosts for me. Ghosts will be my pastime for the Christmas break.

You could join me on War Thunder F2P? I'm not bothered with the planes as like you I get bored of trying to fly them, but the tanks look fun so we could team up, and SPOOK could get in on the PC I think?

I gave up the story mode on GTAV ages ago and I've already sold it for £15 (to a different plumber tongue) the weekend my PS4 arrives. But just messing around getting the cops on your back, then trying not to get busted/wasted is good fun, but not on your own. If you are anarchic, oppose structure and would rather some "free form" gameplay, I'm your man. wink

I'll be doing a late one when I get in tonight if you're up for it?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Oct-13 14:44:54
Print Post

War Thunder ? what game you talking about and is this a Playstation 4 game on the store or what?

What worries me about Cod Ghosts this time of the year is we normally get a avalanche of videos about the game,like multiplayer clips and things like that but we have seen very little of this game a mere few weeks from release and thats a major concern.

Don't know about you mate but I'm not considering the Retailers option of buying the Playstation 3 versions and places like game giving you the full retail price back for your playstation 3 game like Battlefield 4 ,Ghosts ,Whatever and you paying a further £10 to upgrade to the Playstation 4 or Xbox One editions......

Personally i can wait the extra few weeks until the consoles arrive but i think from a strategic point the next generation consoles could have shipped a few weeks earlier when all these games come out.

Like you I'm thinking all of my time will be taken up with Killzone and i just hope it don't disappoint us both after what looks like a next generation game for sure.

All joking apart then what have you ordered......Killzone mega bundle and Knack I'm guessing. blush
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Oct-13 14:49:16
Print Post

I'll be doing a late one when I get in tonight if you're up for it?

A late what ? wink.

Not happy with these so called headsets that wont work either,my Turtle Beach PX5 need a Sony firmware upgrade that wont be available at launch along with many others,even Sonys own Pulse Elite Headsets require firmware to work.......Stupidity of the highest order or what ? mad

kind of a kick in the teeth really for all those people that have invested in a nice Expensive headset that cost me the best part of £160 which wont work until Sony say so.........Idiots ?
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Oct-13 18:09:41
Print Post

In reference to MrMagoo:
War Thunder ? what game you talking about and is this a Playstation 4 game on the store or what?
Are you blind man? It's been all over the gaming news since the reveals!

I'm waiting for the next gen version of COD as well mate. I want to play Killzone out properly first and then start on Ghosts at Christmas. Unless of course KZ is pants, but there's more chance of Manchester Utd winning the premiership this year.

So yeah, I've ordered the mega bundle with Killzone and will pick up Ghosts at xmas, but I won't pre order. It's going to be hard with my friends playing the PS3 version but hey ho.

And no, Knack will not arrive in the imminent future, but I stand by my claim. I think it will be a great little game and the physics are really impressive. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Oct-13 19:03:14
Print Post

Patience is a virtue tongue

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Oct-13 19:22:10
Print Post

I've just accidentally found a management app for my Pulse headset on the PS store.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Oct-13 20:27:11
Print Post

You what Waldo.......tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Oct-13 20:30:08
Print Post

Oh you on about this Tripe

Have more interest in paying £50 for KNACK than playing this free junk....mad
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to