Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 11:50:30
Print Post

Come on let's see some posts chaps ?

[link to this post]

Assasins Creed Black Flag ,Battlefield 4,Cod Ghosts next generation consoles just around the corner I expected a Avalanche of posts but the Gaming forums seem to have become very quiet which is surprising with so much on the Horizon.

Like I have said I'm going to have to bide my time and get the views and opinions of people that buy the above games on there present systems since I'm waiting for the new console.

In one way this is going to be pretty hard for me given the fact I'm a day one purchaser,but on the other hand it could end up been beneficial if these games mentioned don't meet expectations

With the cancelation of Watchdogs and Drive club playstation 4 exclusive it's all now in the hands of Killzone Shadowfall and the freebie digitally downloadable titles like Resogun to deliver.

If these fail and I see no reason why they will the upgrade to next generation will have been a disappointment .

So I got all my eggs in one basket regarding Killzone and I know Ghosts will be fun and reasonable even on the dated engine that really needs to be dumped.

There is a launch day firmware upgrade required on day 1 for the playstation 4 [ not a surprise] which ads certain functions to the system.

My biggest gripe is the fact most of the Bluetooth headsets we own costing a lot of money will not be working until they release another firmware upgrade which is expected 2014.

Turtle beach and others are releasing brand new compatable headsets that will work on day one,but to me this is a pure money making scam so why should people have to go through such a expense again to the cost of around £200 when only in the past few months they have bought previous versions of the headsets like my turtle beach PX5 that's about as much use as a Ashtray on a Motorbike .
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 11:56:53
Print Post

Re: Come on let's see some posts chaps ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

My girls had an impromptu wrestling match yesterday afternoon and one flying cushion broke the Bluetooth USB stick for my Sony Pulse headset. Can't use them till I find where (and more importantly what it will cost) to replace it. frown
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 12:28:43
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Firstly ....Shock Horror wink you actually have a Sony Pulse Headset"...Amazed

Secondly if you had been reading all of Timeys posts regarding all this headset debacle Sony pulse headsets won't work either without a firmware update....Now been that they are official does this not surprise you.

Apparently you can rig them up and get all the sounds of the game through your pulse headset and ones like my PX5,but they are reliant on Bluetooth for chat and that's not supported so you now like me have a useless headset tongue

Unless you want to go out and buy a turtle beach new edition headset that they are making especially for the Playstation 4 at around another £ 200

With the expense and upgrade already is this not the most ridiculous thing both Microsoft and Sony have done given the fact that all us owners of these nice headsets have to use the [censored] mono pieces supplied with the consoles to use chat functions...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 13:35:13
Print Post

So will they work properly with the future firmware update you mentioned? I don't mind waiting (begrudgingly) but I would expect it to have full compatibility with the update?

Anyway MaGoo, I've had them for nearly a year and I told you I'd downloaded the pulse headset manager the other day. Just didn't get a chance to use it before the ankle weights struck! mad
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Oct-13 14:01:15
Print Post

Headset woes? Not working on PS4? But they do work on the PS3? Why, the solution seems simple. Send 'em to me!

grin

Hopefully Turtle Beach and Sony will both update their device firmwares so people can carry on using their (expensive) Bluetooth headsets. That's one of the things about products you buy these days, as it's not all about just how they are on day one.

Good manufacturers take care of their customers throughout the product's foreseeable lifetime. The bad ones, well they just release wave after wave of stuff and you're stuck when the ecosystem you're in moves on but your device manufacturer's software doesn't. Happens all the time. mad
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 15:14:27
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

My Sony Pulse work on PC too, but that's far too complimicated for little old me. I think like a girl.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 15:45:54
Print Post

Jeez,I thought the best you would come up with and use would be the plastic Bluetooth ear piece that got released with the playstation 3 .

And yes your headset will work when they release a firmware update whenever that is,you would have thought that headset compatability would have been a dead cert especially pulse headsets there own brand.

Edited by time2die (Sat 26-Oct-13 21:23:34)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Oct-13 16:01:26
Print Post

I think I must think like a girl too. I find technology and science soo confusing. crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 16:42:29
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Like the wife says to me: "What have I told you about thinking for yourself?"
So I try to avoid it where possible. Ignorance is bliss after all. smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 17:36:11
Print Post

And yes your headset will work when they release a firmware update whenever that is,you would have thought that headset compatability would have been a dead cert especially pulse headsets there own brand.
You're right mate. You might expect it for a cheapy, but it is a bit off when you pay over a ton for your headset. Still at least it will come eventually.

Except not for me unless I shell out for a new proprietary usb stick. What's the betting it's as much as half of the original purchase price? frown

Edited by mrnelster (Sat 26-Oct-13 17:37:19)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to