Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Nov-13 00:50:38
Print Post

Don't you just love Polygon website reviews.

[link to this post]

Killzone Shadowfall 5/10

Knack even managed a 6 tongue

They got now credibility as they game the last of us a 7.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 14-Nov-13 03:44:14
Print Post

Re: Don't you just love Polygon website reviews.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

oh my god a website that doesnt give a 9 just because it looks nice.

nice to see honest reviews still occasionally exist.

you should respect the reviewer for been honest, do you really think bad gameplay, audio should be ignored?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Nov-13 07:05:19
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The consensus of the gaming media was that The Last of Us was just about as good as it gets. This lot gave it a 7. Everybody else is wrong Chrysalis and they are on the money? Extremely doubtful.

That was an overly subjective review, the Halo reference right off the bat confirmed that. It felt like a rant, but in his posh voice. I'll wait for the respected review sites, but either way, such over personalised writing is a waste of a read.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Nov-13 08:08:56
Print Post

It deserves better than a 5 mate so get with the program,The are known for the favouritism towards Microsoft and they game the playstation exclusive game The last of us a 7 when everybody else scored it 9 and above……That has to tell you something ?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Nov-13 08:12:58
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Chrysalis all though you claim to be a lover of all platforms you come over as someone with nothing but pure hatred of anything console related.

Even your Playstation 4 fails thread has little to no substance and you have even provided the link to the actual news item you are referring to either.

I can go buy a kettle,a toaster,a television,vacuum cleaner,washing machine that can come home broken or break a few days later.

Edited by time2die (Thu 14-Nov-13 08:30:58)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 14-Nov-13 08:13:57
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

the problem is the mainstream gaming media generally cannot be trusted on review scores. It has got to that point.

Has this guy been biased towards microsoft, I will read his other reviews and maybe form a judgement.

But I do find it shocking that people think big budget games cannot get low scores unless the reviewer is biased, thats a big problem with the industry today.

I certianly eg. dont trust ign and gamespot reviews.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 14-Nov-13 08:17:14
Print Post

do I?

the problem is this.

and we going back to where we were weeks ago.

You cant seem to hand bad news of the products you like, in your case the ps4 and its flagship games.
if someone criticises that product they called stupid, biased or something like a "console hater".

I assume this is to discredit those people so their views get ignored.

I have criticised the pc, 360, ps3, ps4, xbox 1,android. All 6 gaming devices, am I now a "games hater"?

This is the second time you have decided to attack my personality in response to a view I have posted.

IF you disagree with my view, just accept it or counter it logically, dont start calling me a console hater.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 14-Nov-13 08:19:11)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Nov-13 08:34:31
Print Post

This is the second time you have decided to attack my personality in response to a view I have posted.

Get real and grow a pair will you blush

You think because i say personally i think you are not a lover of anything console related that is me attacking you
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 14-Nov-13 08:54:26
Print Post

Right now I am playing lost oddysey a console game, there is console games I like a lot. Most games I play on my pc are emulated old games. So the truth is I actually prefer consoles to pc's because I prefer the games.

I have become annoyed with the recent gaming industry because it looks to me its too much fps/sports games plus the obsession with visuals (in particurly resolution) but that is not an anti console thing, pc FPS gamers are addicted to resolution as well.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Nov-13 10:45:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
pc FPS gamers are addicted to resolution as well.

I'm not. Asides from playing at my native resolution of 1920 x 1200, I have no desire to go higher that that.

Detail yes please and plenty of it. I'd love photo-realism I really would. Sound is important too. And gameplay is a given. If it doesn't play well then people won't play it.

I am tired of all the bickering here. I don't see any need for it. Hmm. It's only a game guys. It's only a game! wink tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to