Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-Nov-13 23:41:54
Print Post

Playststion 4 sabotage

[link to this post]

How true is this…

If it was confirmed as true please close the plant down….mad
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Nov-13 09:14:23
Print Post

Re: Playststion 4 sabotage

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I once worked in a factory assembling stuff. I highly doubt there's any real truth of magnitude to this claim of industrial sabotage (one disgruntled employee messing about with assembly would be found out soon enough. Hundreds? That's inconceivable they'd last long doing that especially in China). As the problems all seem to be related to the video out HDMI port or simple overheating, it seems easier to explain the issues as faults with simple remedies: new HDMI port supplier and possible revision to AMD's APU's cooling system or design process (yeah, they always refabricate these chips later on with smaller chip die sizes or whatever it's called, transistor micron size which should help cooling). So, I call it as bull with a capital MOO! Plop.

Seems more like political poop stirring. Foxconn no doubt represent some serious issues regarding the worldwide employment marketplace and industrial practises though they are not alone and I've not read any verifications that they are even the sole manufacturer (could be) but it seems far more likely there are several Chinese factories knocking these out. It's sort of a ridiculous claim really I reckon, just fuel for a stupid conspiracy theory: Microsoft causing Sony to wobble a bit though no doubt some in MS might treat the news favourably if it meant less sales for Sony and more for them though it's never quite as simple as that.

EDIT

Couldn't find any reference to where the PS4 is actually manufactured as saying it's manufactured by Sony... blah blah blah isn't all that helpful really but there's currently a poll at Game FAQ here which posits some PS4s have been produced in Japan whilst others (the problemlatic ones) may have originated in China (not saying where though).

Edited by SPOOKish (Mon 18-Nov-13 09:22:49)

Print Thread

Jump to