Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Nov-13 08:18:34
Print Post

Where's...

[link to this post]

...Wally Jaxx?

I'm sure you are wallowing in next gen visuals on a new telly somewhere, but I'm dying to know what you think of them! Forgetting the negative publicity, Ryse really had me enticed. I like the whole Roman thing going on and personally thought it looked really nice visually. If you picked it up that is?

I'm almost resigned to not receiving my PS4 on Friday as Shopto.net haven't responded to my email regards a change of delivery address. I'm hoping that's just because of the Xbox One launch keeping them flat out on Thursday and Friday.

In the meantime as the first next gen owning regular poster, what are your thoughts? Did you buy Dead Rising 3?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Nov-13 08:58:27
Print Post

Re: Where's...

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah in one of his posts on Friday he said he picked up Dead Rising and intended on getting Ryse at some point.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Sat 23-Nov-13 11:08:57
Print Post

Hi all!

Sorry I have been flat out on the console haha. I absolutely love it I really do, best purchase I have made in ages and I can see me being completely absorbed in gaming for the foreseeable future.

Currently I own Dead Rising 3, Black Flag and Fifa 14. I'm going to pick Ryse and BF4 up over the next week or so. I really like the idea of Ryse too Nelster but I'm a huge AC fan as you know and had held off getting it on the 360 to play it on this so it had to be a top priority and boy does it look gorgeous in that carribean setting.

I have to say I'm really impressed with the new dashboard, it's all extremely modern and the seamless drop in and out of games is class. You just pause and press the dashboard button and can do anything else. You can even snap a window to your main game and have an app running to the site or IE so you could load Game FAQS or something while playing.

Dead Rising looks nice but no where near as nice as Black Flag. The game does seem to struggle when you have thousands of zombies on screen, sometimes they all freeze and aren't animated anymore. I only notice this when I'm in a tank band am blowing up hundreds per shot though so I guess it's very intensive. Dead Rising is a little too much for my heart, the drop in drop Co op is excellent I played about 9 hours yesterday with my mate and it's so easy you just join as your character with all your stats and play with them and drop back to single player whenever you like.

I know none of you are really into fifa but they have built a new engine called Ignite for the Xbox One and what can I say? WOW. You can see every blade of grass close up, the crowd look real whereas usually they fuzz them out or make them like cardboard cutouts and the action replays are immense SO realistic. It's serious next level stuff.

Sorry for going on, overall very happy. I think some of it may because I now have LED instead of LCD I'm terms of how bright and colourful it all is but the changes to graphics on AC and Fifa are great. AC definitely looks better than when my housemate played it on his xbox.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Sat 23-Nov-13 11:09:55
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Excuse spelling mistakes excitedly writing it all on my phone haha.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Nov-13 14:04:54
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

You go on as much as you like mate, you are the first next gen qualified poster!

Great to hear the visuals are up to expectations. It's all very well people talking about gameplay and innovation, but we all know the wow factor is really important at the start of a new gen.

I used to be a big FIFA fan mate, but the only other guy I used to play with got addicted to ProEvo on the 360. He's picking up a PS4 after xmas and then we are going to hook up on the next gen FIFA. Hopefully it will look as good as the Xbox's ignite engine, but either way it will be nice to get back into it.

After watching AC Black flag videos on the PS4 and reading that it is up there with the next gen visuals, I have been tempted to give it a go Jaxx. I know I didn't get on with the controls last time, but I'm a graphics [censored] and I really like the idea of badass pirateering (made up word alert smile). I might dig out AC2 later and actually have a proper go at it.....if I can drag myself away from Dr. Who that is.

I will be interested to see what you think about Ryse though. Gotta love those Romans, about time we had a quality game featuring them. Brutal bunch.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Nov-13 15:56:11
Print Post

Ryse only got average reviews and didn't hit the high marks reviews and gamers expected.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Nov-13 16:42:38
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yep, but I've read that Knack is a [censored] load of fun to play and that got slated by everybody. Mentioning no names. wink

/wanders away with hands in pockets whistling
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Nov-13 17:39:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
You go on as much as you like mate, you are the first next gen qualified poster!

Yargh. I be in agreement with ye! Yar. tongue

Great to hear the visuals are up to expectations. It's all very well people talking about gameplay and innovation, but we all know the wow factor is really important at the start of a new gen.

It'd be silly not to be interested in the visuals! laugh

I used to be a big FIFA fan mate

Me an' all.

My mate used to regularly thrash me at it back in Fifa 96 on ye olde Playstation, the first one.

and I really like the idea of badass pirateering (made up word alert smile)

And what right-thinking man wouldn't be, eh? Me salty sea-dogs. Yar. And 'pirateering' be as good a-word as any be. It be kind of like privateering but at no-one's discretion, sanctionable only by ye-self. Self employment rather than state sponsored high seas robbery! Proper entrepreneurial spirit tongue

I will be interested to see what you think about Ryse though. Gotta love those Romans, about time we had a quality game featuring them. Brutal bunch.

Me too. Gotta love the Romans.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Nov-13 00:24:18
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
And 'pirateering' be as good a-word as any be. It be kind of like privateering but at no-one's discretion, sanctionable only by ye-self. Self employment rather than state sponsored high seas robbery! Proper entrepreneurial spirit tongue

I can assure you I made that word up in good faith SPOOK. Any similarity to other words is purely coincidental.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Nov-13 00:35:13
Print Post

Re: Where's... *DELETED*

Post deleted by time2die
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to