Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Nov-13 16:37:37
Print Post

Confirmation...Playstation 4 order shipped ..You Serious

[link to this post]

Just got a email and a text alert from my supplier shopto.net saying my Playstation 4 order has been packed and Shipped with DPD next Business day delivery 9am to 6pm mainland and it's on its way to you.

Now I love shopto.net and people will know by my pasts posts that the majority of stuff arrives generally the day before a launch date and on a few occasions 2 days at most.

So I'm a little suspicious regarding them sending it out this early ,I can only think they have informed DPD not to deliver until the 29th but there is no mention of this in the text alert .

If I was reading it as I see it then this will turn up tomorrow or Tuesday...

And both of those days I'm not here blush
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Sun 24-Nov-13 17:09:22
Print Post

Re: Confirmation...Playstation 4 order shipped ..You Serious

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

As it's DPD you should get a update first thing tomorrow with the delivery slot time if it is really on the way. That's too bad you are out though otherwise you would be super excited.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Nov-13 17:26:44
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Yeah there tracking is brilliant and if they are delivering tomorrow and i can not for the life of me think they would because I'm sure suppliers/retailers get in some serious trouble when they break street release dates buy this much.

I will be in Rest Assured and will find some way to be around,personally i don't think this will happen because its just to early,i expected shop to.net to send confirmation of shipping Wednesday at the earliest mate.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Nov-13 22:29:39
Print Post

Well, just to be sure. Share the delivery detail login info with me and I'll make sure it - ahem - gets to where it's going. Yeah, rest assured. Your parcel will be safe with me. grin
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Nov-13 22:37:27
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Until you sell it for a tidy profit, that is...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Nov-13 00:21:55
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

No, I would keep it safe and sound. With me forever. grin
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Nov-13 06:28:24
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

There is no way this is coming before Friday,apparently they have shipped many Playstation 4 consoles to DPD and they have gone to the central warehouse and apparently they will be scanned for delivery Wednesday or Thursday for Friday delivery.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 25-Nov-13 11:31:42
Print Post

Well generally next business day means just that, next day. DPD are also very reliable.

I ordered a sim on thursday, it didnt get shipped until friday, it had delivery date of monday, DPD delivered it saturday, they dont mess around.

But it is possible there is instructions to hold it.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 25-Nov-13 12:09:02
Print Post

If they sent it early they would get in HUGE trouble and they already got done didn't they for releasing something earlier this year? Was it GTA or something? I remember reading an article from the CEO saying they should be able to send it early which is absolutely ridiculous.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Nov-13 13:07:49
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I imagine (considering the logistics) there are special circumstances involved in shipping all these new consoles and Shopto's already cleared it with the big boys and girls at Sony so some customer's may get their toys a day or two early.

Shopto say they want to guarantee launch day delivery so it's only sensible to work with your courier to work out in advance how to get these shifted in time so old men who otherwise would have nothing to write about get their gaming devices in time.

Really doubt Shopto or anyone else (within reason) will get in trouble if they've already explained their position and cleared it with Sony, who, after all, also have a vested interest in ensuring their customers are happy.

Edited by SPOOKish (Mon 25-Nov-13 13:09:03)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to