Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Thu 28-Nov-13 19:30:01
Print Post

Available PS4 stock

[link to this post]

Thought I would post this incase any of yous are after a PS4

If you've not pre-ordered a PlayStation 4, worry not Tesco has your back.

150 Tesco Extra stores will carry stock of the PS4 and customers will be able to buy them from midnight tonight without a pre-order.

You can find out the location of your nearest midnight launch using Tesco's store locator.

And if you can't find a Tesco branch to your liking, ASDA also announced earlier in the week that 155 of its stores will have unreserved PlayStation stock, though not all will be opening at midnight.

IGN Article
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Nov-13 20:28:11
Print Post

Re: Available PS4 stock

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

If only there was a decent game to go with it ........

wink

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Thu 28-Nov-13 20:42:19
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Aye, there ain't any games that really appeal to me either. BF4 could potentially be the game but I kinda don't want to get back into it as it just takes up all my gaming time where I would rather be playing different games now. A new Deus Ex would probably persuade me smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Nov-13 20:46:01
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Just watched this http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/01/battlefield-4-ne...
Not a big enough difference in graphics quality to make me want to upgrade. The upgrade is certainly not worth £400

I'll save my money for now ta smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Nov-13 21:05:59
Print Post

Reviews

PS4 and Xbone reviews

PS4 gets 8.2

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/playstation-4-...

Xbone gets 7.8

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/xbox-one-review

Both seem a bit disappointing

Swanny
cool
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Nov-13 23:21:00
Print Post

Re: Reviews

Well, I've enjoyed BF4 on the PC. So, admittedly, I haven't played BF3 enough to really see how much of a difference BF4 makes but it's quite impressive in some ways: I've never seen so much destruction. There's quite a few players saying BFBC2 was better though? I don't know about that as I played that even less than BF3.

I feel the PS4 doesn't have any games right now that warrant my buying it either. I've already got BF4, AC4 and all I really want is GTA5 but that's gonna have to wait till it's next-gen'd up so it might as well be the PC i buy it for now. Gotta wait for a killer game and for me, Killzone ain't it. Not yet anyway. We'll see what the the noisy one says... Yabber yabber awaits! winktongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Nov-13 23:29:22
Print Post

Well you would say that since you aint bagged one tongue

Tell me whenever there has been a new console launch there is a outstanding game,to me Killzone hits all the right buttons and there are a nice couple of freebies for us playstation 4 owners [plus that is] to download.

Watchdogs was the most anticipated launch title but unfortunately it slipped into next year,next year will be when you see some really ground breaking stuff on both the Xbox one and the Playstation 4.

You carry on playing that relic crazy
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 29-Nov-13 00:34:45
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

BFBC2 had very small maps with only 32 players so the destruction did feel larger but you had alot of the same buildings- destoy the roof + walls and then the building would collapse.

Their is a step up in destruction between BF3 and BF4 but the game is more BF3.5 with a improved game engine- parcel storm is one of the most dramatic maps as it goes from calm waters to a tropical storm with large waves.

BF4 has some good destruction but its more about 'levelution' that changes the entire map- would be good to have a city map that can have most stuff blown up- ie karkand in bf3 but more destruction.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Nov-13 00:40:46
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

We all know you'll be on here moaning about it soon enough wink

Swanny
cool
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 29-Nov-13 01:34:36
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Yeah I agree with you. Having more built up city maps like Karkand from BF2 would be great. What's 'levelution' again then? Is that some kind of dynamic map resizing business or something? I should look into it really. Didn't realise BFBC2 had so much destructibility in it then. I knew it was pretty good but hadn't realised you could destroy whole buildings.

Paracel Storm map is an awesome experience when you first play it but lately I've hated it as the boats have leveled up so much they've all got SAMs and I can't fly about at all without getting blown up. The attack boats are way way over-powered. Those waves though. They are impressive! And so it's hard to pilot most boats after it gets choppy.

The other map I'm fond of is Flood Zone. That really wowed me when I first played it too but it's become quite a bit of a slaughter-fest with all the action being too concentrated. The concept is awesome though. Loved all the swimming about initially.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to