Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Wed 04-Dec-13 15:27:15
Print Post

PS4 or Xbone?

[link to this post]

So as i'm one of the unfortunate ones or maybe even fortunate? to not own one of the new consoles yet, now they're both out what are the honest opinions on them from those that own one? I won't get one now until after christmas and even if i could afford one right now obviously stock permitting i think i'm better off waiting until after the dust has truely settled!
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Wed 04-Dec-13 15:28:09
Print Post

Re: PS4 or Xbone?

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Also no fanboys, just honest opinions needed lol!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Dec-13 16:04:13
Print Post

I won't answer then tongueand just for the record if you buy one console over the other then there is a obvious reason ,fanboy I'm not but after the reveal I made my decision many many months ago,usually own all the consoles but for now the One that is more Powerful wink

Edited by time2die (Wed 04-Dec-13 16:07:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 04-Dec-13 16:21:32
Print Post

I have bought an Xbox One and my housemate has bought the PS4, they are both completely different consoles for different kind of gamers to be honest. The Xbox One dashboard beats the PS4, the PS4 one seems quite sluggish and is not as easy to navigate as the Xbox. The Xbox also seems to have a better online community, I get the impression PS4 is for a gamer who isnít going to be playing as much with friends online etc. That may sound silly with multiplayer games like COD, BF and Killzone all being on the PS4 but I dunno, it lacks the community spirit you get with an Xbox but it has always been that way.

The PS4 looks better graphically on the games I have seen so far. One of the levels on Killzone looked incredible, really really beautiful stuff. I think that is more the game though than the console and I am jealous I canít get it on the Xbox haha. I got Battlefield on the Xbox One on Monday evening after work and I have hardly been able to put it down. Itís a real improvement on the Xbox 360 and I can tell straight away that itís more powerful. The graphics are nicer, we have 32 v 32 now insteas of 16 v 16 and generally it seems a much smoother experience. Itís more like the smoothness of COD but still with the great gameplay of Battlefield. BF3 on the 360 always felt a little clunky and at some points the graphics were a bit bland, particularly trees and bushes but on the Xbox One they seem much nicer.

I think ultimately though we have not seen the best from either console, we will start to see more next year as developers have more time to push the systems harder. I think Titanfall will be a good game on the Xbox One, at least I hope it will.

Itís a hard choice to make, they are both great consoles. I personally went for Xbox because I have a few friends on it, I really like the dashboard with the seamless integration with things like Netflix / Lovefilm and I personally think the Xbox has a better list of games coming over the next 12 months. It suits me more, but I think both consoles suit different gamers. The most important thing is looking at what titles are coming up and what you think you will play.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Dec-13 16:50:18
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Well my Dashboard is far from Sluggish on the Playstation 4 and can actually say it's about 100 times better than the Sluggish Playstation 3 .

If it's on Power then it's a Playstation 4,if it's about looks then it's a Playstation 4 ,if it's about media then it's a Xbox One wink and the big one will be the games and from what I have seen of games on the horizon then the Playstation 4 also wins that honour.

Again I'm not saying that the Xbox One is a Useless machine and next year if they have some really good exclusive games on it that I want to play then I will buy one,but I don't see anything on that system that makes me think that at the moment or anytime in the next 6 months,even Titanfall to me fails to impress,but a a Epic made Gears with a next generation horde mode and I'm sold smile

As for the Xbox One having a better list of games next year Jaxxy boy.....are you serious or what ?

Infamous second son will out shine any title released on that machine next year,and if they release the Last Guardian then it will completely blow that system out of the water.

As for Battlefield 4 it still has the wrapper on it,same with Cod Ghosts where the wrapper based on my mates thoughts and opinions may even remain on for good,only played Killzone Shadowfall and the superb r/type game Resogun which is free .

Edited by time2die (Wed 04-Dec-13 17:03:42)

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Wed 04-Dec-13 17:03:37
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I suspect that i will end up with both, its just a case of which first and currently i'm leaning more towards the ps4 but i seem to change my mind daily lol so its probably a good thing i have to wait until the kids have had everything they want for chrimbo!!!!!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 17:32:11
Print Post

Why do you want one??

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 17:35:33
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
if it's about looks then it's a Playstation 4

Do you mean how the actual black box looks???

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Dec-13 18:56:32
Print Post

Best check out what Exclusive games are out on both systems during the next 6 months,I know many are looking forward to Respawn Xbox One FPS exclusive XBox One Game Titanfall and I'm looking forward to Infamous second Son,both have Watchdogs and both will have 90% of what's released!what's going to look better and does it matter is a personal thing !developers know the Playstation 4 is more powerful and has more potential than a Xbox One,that's not saying there won't be at some point a gorgeous looking game on it .

I'm happy with my Playstation 4 like Nelly and Jaxx is happy with his Xbox One and that's all that counts,I'm sure come this time next year we will see the true potential of both the consoles.

Like I said if certain games come to Xbox One I want to play then I would not hesitate to buy one,I'm even considering a year later picking up a Nintendo Wii U because I love The look of the New Mario 3d game and the recently released new Pikmen game,if it had a new Zelda and Metroid I would have bought one without hesitation
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Dec-13 18:57:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by jorkila:
I suspect that i will end up with both, its just a case of which first and currently i'm leaning more towards the ps4 but i seem to change my mind daily lol so its probably a good thing i have to wait until the kids have had everything they want for chrimbo!!!!!

Me To wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to