Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Dec-13 22:52:14
Print Post

Looks like my Playstation 4 is [censored]

[link to this post]

I have experienced some strange goings on since getting this Playstation 4 but put it down to it doing updates and severe server side issues with traffic .

However I have noticed now on many occasions that I am getting a black flickering screen,lots of electrical interference,like a brief power surge,loss of both sound and picture in any game I put on,this also happens when I am viewing the store and not playing any game.

Playstation 4 is in a well ventilated area but our house is kept warm on cold nights like this and it's not been on for about 6 hours,but as soon as I turned it on tonight I had these issues and I'm thinking this is a Playstation 4 error and nothing to do with connections or whatever.

Have informed the retailer of this issue and have basically asked them to collect and exchange it,now that's where the fun will start as I doubt this will be a smooth affair as demand for both this and the Xbox one is high and I doubt very much they have allocated stock for faulty consoles...

Tell you now I'm far from happy and I feared within minutes last Friday that something was not quite right with this unit, I really hope this does not become another over heating Xbox 360 issue because I tell you now these units when you put your hand on top of them are extremely hot to the touch and I don't remember ever feeling such heat from a Playstation 3.

I have read about some similar HDMI connection woes and the fact the Playstation blue light remains blue instead of White when it's functioning ,but with all this flickering mine remains white.

Personally I didn't think they like warm houses.....I'm kind of taking a shot in the dark here and you would have thought Sony tested it in hotter conditions ,the sort of places these consoles would be housed.

Anyway I say it how it is and there is defiantly something not right with this unit...I'm also going to note the serial number of this unit so the retailer don't send me the same unit back which I have had in the past with other returned electrical goods.

Not happy I tell you now....totally mad

Edited by time2die (Thu 05-Dec-13 22:54:50)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Dec-13 23:32:30
Print Post

Re: Looks like my Playstation 4 is [censored]

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

[censored] mate. That's harsh. frown

Check out the 2nd video mate. Could this be your issue?

Edited by mrnelster (Thu 05-Dec-13 23:37:54)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-13 00:30:34
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

It similar mate but nowhere near as bad as that video,so it could be a graphic card issue according to that user…

I will use the video clip mate as soon as Shopto respond .

Its really quite hard to explain exactly what its doing,its jerky when playing games,flickering,minute stops and occasionally for a slight second a black screen and then the game is there again.

I have 3 other options to try out which in all truth don't think will make a difference,firstly move the console from the top shelf to the bottom as i have never put consoles on the top before,second one change over the powers supply leads to the playstation 3 one,and lastly change over the bundled HDMI cable to a quality one.

Since the issue is not apparent all the time but can happen after a few minutes or a few hours it will be interesting to say the least.

Also i have not seen my problem on the internet,seen similar as in Nellys link but nothing quite like mine,mostly they are faulty HDMI ports where the thing don't fit properly and lights on the console not changing from the start up blue light to a solid white when booted….I don't get these issues ?

Edited by time2die (Fri 06-Dec-13 07:56:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-13 15:05:51
Print Post

I do believe I mentioned something like this may happen... tongue

I would get it replaced as soon as possible, otherwise you may have to wait until much later for a replacement.

On a more positive note, you'll be happy to know that I fixed my sound problem - I'm now using a USB headset instead of one with a 3.5mm jack. Either Realtek's drivers are a problem or some headsets aren't compatible/manufactured correctly and dont produce correct stereo sound.

BF3 sound is now much better - and no sound cut-off when 180 degrees away from a vehicle!

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Fri 06-Dec-13 15:09:30)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-13 17:30:54
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Its a electrical appliance and things like this do indeed happen but its not expected is it tongue lets just hope that beloved PC of yours don't go up in smoke wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 07-Dec-13 02:01:57)

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Dec-13 18:28:45
Print Post

What's the current status TImey? Did you try those suggestions of yours out?

Another one might be to hook your PS4 up to a different TV. Just to see what happens but I'm thinking maybe it is a graphics issues like that guy says if you've ruled out the HDMI, power lead and TV). Also, skip the BOSE soundbar thing. crazy
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-13 18:32:23
Print Post

I think the chances of my PC going up in smoke is extremely improbable, especially with the surge protectors around...

The worst that can happen is the hard drive fails, at which point I could quickly and easily order a new one and quickly and easily put it in the machine...

Now with plusnet
My Blog
12 Things...
Twitter
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Fri 06-Dec-13 18:45:36
Print Post

That's [censored] up mate. All I can think of it to visually check the HDMI port to see if it looks as it should, no bent pins etc, try a new HDMI cable. Could also try hooking the PS3 up to the same HDMI cable and TV to see if it gets any probs.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Dec-13 18:51:26
Print Post

It's damned unlucky mate, that's what it is. Still, af least you've had lots of supportive comments from your fellow gamers. crazy
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Dec-13 19:10:49
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Good suggestions. Definitely worth checking the HDMI socket and swapping the cable over. Though it's totally your prerogative if ya wanna just send it back. Like another fella said might be best to do that quick if stock's a problem.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to