Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Dec-13 14:51:30
Print Post

Bye Bye Faulty Playstation 4 ….Returned ?

[link to this post]

As people are aware on here i have had some funny stuff happening with the Playstation 4 which i thought i had cured by swapping the power and HDMI leads,however after 3 days on and off of trouble free gaming the intermitant fault has again raised its ugly head,usual loss of sound for a brief second and a electrical line that sort of jumps across the screen with a rainbow colour to it and the usual blips here and there.

So i raised a ticket with Shopto last Thursday and they actually answered Sunday night and my worse fear about customer support was about to unfold having read several unhappy customer on here and elsewhere saying there customer support was none existent and if they answered the phone it was a miracle.

Anyway because after they answered the support ticket and said they had no problem with me sending it back i stated that i thought i had found the fix so lets see how things work out and i left it at that,but this morning it started again and there ticket system is good when they answer but if they have not answered your previous answer then you can not add to it until they have replied and i wanted to now return this faulty Playstation 4.

So after spending about 15 minutes on the phone i actually got through to the guy who was answering my tickets in the first place,told him about my Playstation woes and he has raised a collection for tomorrow with a replacement sent out by Friday.

Asked me to pack everything that came with the Killzone Mega bundle and he will send out a brand new system,so at present I'm formatting the system and deleting everything on it.

I said it was a Intermittent fault as i have been playing it again for 3 days and its been ok,originally in there reply to my ticket they said send it back to us we will test it and then send out a replacement ,having spoken him today about the problem and telling him it may not be apparent when you get it,he said they hadn't got time to test faulty consoles but i would get one by the end of the week.

And on that conclusion that obviously don't just have Playstation 4 set aside for problem/faulty Hardware they actually have replacement Killzone Mega bundles in also as obviously they are replacing this one.

I know one thing it wont be packed as pretty as when it arrived here due to my frantic nature of tearing the boxing apart.

Oh and one more thing………They said they had sold 25,000 Playstation 4 and 60 had been returned faulty
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Dec-13 17:28:57
Print Post

Re: Bye Bye Faulty Playstation 4 ….Returned ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Even though you appear to have been one of the unlucky sixty, 0.25% sounds like an astonishingly low failure rate.

And at least that gives me time to finish KZ before you get all ranked up on BF4. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Dec-13 17:35:51
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Here is a video of similar issues i was experiencing but not as bad as this poor guy.

Flickering issue

And I'm becoming a little paranoid here because his tv and sound system is basically the same as mine and this is a 2nd replacement playstation 4 and it still has these issues.

So basically when the next one turns up and it behaves the same it could possibly be other equipment or what ?

Im beginning to think its the Bose Sound system the more research and videos i watch,all my gaming consoles Hdmi leads go direct into that with 1 main feed going into the television ,never ever had any problems with gaming consoles before like the xbox 360,playstation 3 and even the [censored] Nintendo Wii,mind you that was not HD.

Edited by time2die (Mon 09-Dec-13 20:27:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Mon 09-Dec-13 19:08:29
Print Post

Bad luck mate but at least they are able to replace it within a reasonable amount of time. Hope the new unit is trouble free.
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Mon 09-Dec-13 19:11:50
Print Post

If it happens again definitely try connecting it directly to the TV instead of through the sound system.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Dec-13 20:26:01
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Yeah me to and I hope they don't try and send the same one back mad I've got some strange thoughts about the issue and I hope it's not the Bose HDMI connection causing this issue,it shouldn't be as everything else plugged into them works fine
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Dec-13 20:29:46
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

That's what I was thinking Trance,if I had similar issues with previous consoles I would have known about the possible solution.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Bose if I'm honest,but the more you think about it and the more research you do it does throw ideas in your head at possible causes other ypthan the Playstation 4.
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Dec-13 22:29:55
Print Post

He's got a Bose too? How can you tell? Samsung telly though yeah.

Yeah, like other's have said and myself, to properly fault test a system you need to strip it back to bare minimum, thus omitting the bose and swapping stuff out one by one. That's why I suggested even try another telly as I know you said you have more than one. Weird stuff like that. My thinking was maybe even it could be a HDCP issue?

But looking at that guy's footage I wouldn't hesitate myself in sending the PS4 back as that's just nasty. He says it's happening in all games except COD: Ghosts, which was fixed via a patch. That's weird too. So maybe it is something a compatibility issue with certain equipment like your Samsung tvs then?
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Dec-13 23:23:47
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

My Samsung seems fine with it?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 09-Dec-13 23:35:09
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

yeah 0.25% is respectable, so just unlucky then.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to