Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 13-Dec-13 12:22:51
Print Post

gamers leaving youtube

[link to this post]

So the warning shots were when both microsoft and sony ommited youtube integration.
2nd warning sign was many high profile youtubers were saying big changes were coming regarding gameplay footage. But they predicted changes in 2014 not before.

Last week youtube suspended many videos from high profile youtubers showing footage for copyright.

Now the first youtuber has decided to drop youtube.

I have always moaned about lack of gameplay on official trailers, and I believe more independent people reviewing games is good for the consumer, lets play videos are great for the consumer.

It appears now there is a concentrated move to shut this down from the community.

Anyone else not happy where this could end up going? I dont want to have to rely on official gaming media for guides, tips and reviews, it will be dire.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 12:31:05
Print Post

Re: gamers leaving youtube

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
Anyone else not happy where this could end up going? I dont want to have to rely on official gaming media for guides, tips and reviews, it will be dire.

This is something we can all agree on, consumer gaming reviews and real-world gaming footage on YouTube is highly desirable. I predict there will be a huge backlash and lots of eating of humble pie if this state of affairs goes down.

Mr Magoo at last will be in complete agreement with you. I wonder if his new PS4 has turned up yet? I expect he's busy ripping open the box as we speak. tongue
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:14:53
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Its not something game publishers want (with the probable exception of Nintendo) - what they think is causing it is the music in the games.

Now with plusnet
Twitter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:21:52
Print Post

Yeah you are correct with that thought ? it arrived at 11.55am,loaded Battlefield 4 again and all the premium stuff and have played the single player for 4 hours Glitch free as far as i can see.

Also installed Resogun and wandering how that Nelly boy manages to get such high scores when games like this i am generally the master,suppose he could be cheating,remember the Cheat carts from the past called Explorer or something……blush

Resogun makes me laugh,i save all the humans anyalates every sprite on screen,Nellys on 6 million and I'm on just under 2……..He did say saving Humans was not important but come on……..Isn't this suppose to be the game.

Im going to make him stream it on Twitch to see if the scores match the player wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 13-Dec-13 16:22:42)

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:43:38
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah, if someone's better than you it must mean they're cheating! grin You're sure it isn't just your old age catching up with you? You know, arthritic hands, wonky eyesight, general senility and impaired reactions? tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:46:28
Print Post

Yeah it would help if i played the game using 2 hands on the controller instead of the other one in a box of Kleenex blush
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 17:40:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Yeah it would help if i played the game using 2 hands on the controller instead of the other one in a box of Kleenex blush

You sure you're playing a game there? That's the wrong joystick you seem to be holding there buddy?! crazyblush

Edited by SPOOKish (Fri 13-Dec-13 17:41:22)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 21:12:12
Print Post

Thats why when I tell you my super low latency is a disadvantage, you shouldn't doubt me. I've told you before and you've seen my avatar. I am the cat, with the reflexes to match. Men want to be like me, women want to be with me.....

God, I've got to stop sniffing this Ajax.....crazy

I was streaming the other night but it's a bit of a hassle. Why not just join me in co-op and I'll carry you. wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Dec-13 15:26:18
Print Post

And he is from what I see a extremely good and accomplished player after watching him last night....very impressive stuff indeed wink
  Print Thread

Jump to