Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 12:45:33
Print Post

Battlefield 4 - complaints

[link to this post]

This could be a really long post. I just wanted to air my grievances about the cra.ppy Commander mode on my Android tablet.

I've used Commander mode before on tablet but don't remember it being so extremely frustrating. My tablet is a 7" model so the icons are really small and don't want to go where you want them to. I think Commander mode on Android/iOS is a great idea, at least potentially.

Perhaps this mode works better on 10" tablets (and higher)? Commander mode in general (as played on a PC) is pretty boring and is nothing like how it appears in the trailers.

Oddly, in reality, Commander mode is a lot worse than it used to be actually playing it in BF4 than it was in BF2 all those years ago. Why? Despite there being some useful aerial reconnaissance and electronic tools available it feels really disconnected from what's going on for a number of reasons: you can't go back to playing the game as a soldier for one.

Why isn't there a better explanation for what EMP actually does? You seem to have to guess everything all the time. Reinforce squad? Erm. How does that actually implement then? Rapid redeployment?

Well, anyway. 7" is too small (the actress cries to the vicar. ooer). It's extremely boring though very useful to have an active commander on your team. Back in BF2 you felt more connected as your Commander Assets (ooer) could be destroyed by the opposing team: the mobile UAV command centre, artillery and infantry/vehicle-sweep radar could all be taken out. The fact that artillery never made it back is a huge blessing though there was nothing quite like capturing a flag and getting the hell out before the inevitable attack from the sky came. There's no personality with it these days it seems.

And don't get me started about all the other things wrong with BF4... mad
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 13-Dec-13 12:57:06
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 4 - complaints

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

well its seems EA's investors have asked EA to make a report on the BF4 issues.

Since EA has to answer investors they will be under more pressure now to fix.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 13:03:27
Print Post

Redacted

Edited by SPOOKish (Fri 13-Dec-13 16:52:21)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 13:04:54
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Now, maybe that's what I need to do. Become a shareholder eh? crazy tongue

Have you got any links to this story mate? I would be surprised if anything ever gets fixed in the world of gaming, at least DICE/EA style.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Dec-13 15:05:55
Print Post

Commander mode is fine, as for why you cannot switch to being back in the game it stops players abusing the commander role- this was common in bf2.

Check this video out and its part 2 for a commander guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sz3RBrMh60

Jet/Heli pros the way to deal with them is active missiles- will kill any chopper or jet if used right.

Maps are fine, it just comes down to teamwork and balance between the two sides.

Server browser takes a few clicks to select the settings you want and its fine, the player number click works on pc.

BF4 was made for 5 platforms, their will be alot of bugs but the game is playable and dice will fix it in time.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Fri 13-Dec-13 17:04:03)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:15:44
Print Post

And i thought you loved the game tongue
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:36:22
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Redacted.

Edit

That is a very instructive video. Good find. I'm not sure he's a 100% correct on the EMP blocking but I had no idea it disrupted the Cruise Missile attack.

I don't play Commander Mode that much as it really is pretty boring in the main. My comments are subjective. You realise that it's valid for people to have differing points of view and opinions don't you?

Anyway, like the Oshrilkal the YouTube Commander says there's currently no official info about Commander Mode from EA and the Wikis and suchlike are woefully short on intel too, at least at the time he made his video which is several patches and at least two Commander Modes versions away (and preceded the tablet version btw). Also, he wasn't using a 7" Android tablet which was my main gripe.

Edited by SPOOKish (Fri 13-Dec-13 17:01:35)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:44:45
Print Post

Rant over tongue Spook retires to Bed with Hot Water Bottle,Lemsip and Vicks Chest Rub…..ZZZZZ.ZZZZZZ.ZZZZZZ.

So is ccxo missing the point or what matey wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:49:38
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Well, all I'm saying is there are problems and they're frustrating. He seems to be saying everything is lovely. I don't think there's good reason for his comments to be so diametrically opposed in view if he's being totally honest.

It's not time for bed yet though it is dark. Have you been playing BF4 today then mate or what?

Edited by SPOOKish (Fri 13-Dec-13 16:53:00)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 16:53:35
Print Post

Yeah for 4 hours straight,i just think the single player is so intense and Awesome….I was hoping once i went online in Multiplayer it would have shined even brighter,but after your Rant I'm going to play KNACK instead wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 13-Dec-13 19:43:04)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to