Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Mon 16-Dec-13 14:30:54
Print Post

Xbox One/Kinect

[link to this post]

I couldn't be happier with it so far to be honest!!!
As long as the room isn't too noisey I tell my xbox to go to Forza whilst watching tv and it does it then at the end of the race i tell it to go to Ghost's and again seamless no lag or pausing it just does it!!
I know Kinect was seen as a bit of a gimmick but microsoft really have done a great job this time round and as for the performance of the console itself it really is a great piece of kit!!
Forza 5 is just simply exquisite and COD Ghost's looks far better than i was expecting seeing as it's only really a port!!
The controller feels just as good as the previous one seeing as they didn't change too much (if it's not broken don't fix it i guess) the main thing being the battery pack not sticking out the back anymore plus a nice touch with the vibrating triggers too!!
So all in all i'm over the moon with the Xbox One wink (get one Timey you know you want to)!!
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 16-Dec-13 15:04:09
Print Post

Re: Xbox One/Kinect

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Haha you sound exactly like I did when I got mine! I too thought that the Kinect would be a gimmick but it has turned out to be a great little bit of kit.

I have to agree on your comments about swapping between games and apps too, you can certainly tell the Xbox One has a lot more processor power than the previous one. Things like the short load time for games and the swapping between various screens is so quick it really does feel next level.

I actually got my Xbox 360 out over the weekend to play an old Arcade game with a couple of friends who were over, the controller didn't feel as nice after playing on the Xbox One for a few weeks. Weird huh?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Dec-13 15:58:34
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Playstation 4 does the same tricks just like the Xbox One the only difference been i don't give a dam wink

When the time is right and it has games i can only get on Xbox One i want then i will buy one,but at present there is not one single game that interests me on that System,and if I'm perfectly honest the same could be said about a Playstation 4 apart from Killzone Shadowfall and the downloadable game Resogun.

If both these had been delayed then in all truth i could have easily waited until next year,but since having the new Playstation back last Friday its been as Smooth as a whistle with not a flutter/Flicker/Jitter/black Screen/loss of sound/ in site.

Titanfall has me a little more interested after the last video preview and that would make me possibly buy one,but a exclusive Gears made by Epic and I'm sold straight away……Especially if included in that game was a Horde mode that blows away every other previous edition.

If there was ever a reason why i keep my Xbox 360 it would have been Gears 3 the one before the tripe called Judgement farmed out and developed by People can Fly that completely took away Horde mode and gave us the worse Gears game ever.

Believe it or not and its cast in stone this may happen,I'm more likely to buy Nintendo wii U rather than a Xbox One purely for the new Mario 3D game and Pikmin game that i love and if it had a new Zelda and Metroid i would have bought one 13 months ago on release.

Edited by time2die (Mon 16-Dec-13 16:02:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Dec-13 16:49:33
Print Post

It's great you are happy with your choice. All the "brand" fanboy stuff is nonsense. I personally believe that people decide on two fronts:

1. The controller
2. The games

Even though I love the look of it, I would not buy an Xbox one to play TitanFall because the controller is completely alien to me. Timey has experience of both stick styles so he will let the games lead him. I think that is how the majority decide, just as PCer's want to stick with keyboard and mouse. (I know....weirdos eh? wink)

As sure as night follows day, and as SPOOK only comes out at night, Timey will get an Xbox One. The only real pre-requisite, is whether or not his woman will let him. Big thumb shape dent in the forehead you see. Nasty. shocked

I've looked at the ps4 voice controls but I don't know if I can be bothered to muck around with them. "Tea babe?" could be a fun command for streaming the missus on twitch in the mornings though.

/mischief face
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Dec-13 17:02:29
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

The day i let a Women tell me or even harbour the thought to let me have a console of my choice then thats the day i stop doing all the cleaning/cooking/ironing/washing.blush

There is not a single doubt in my mind that within 6 months all the next generation consoles will be sitting under my Television,just takes a few games i really want to play,but for now the Xbox One don't have them but after a year the Nintendo Wii U does.

Not overly keen on the limited storage device and the fact that Nintendo seem to have lost there way but for the price its tempting now Mario 3d and Pikmin 3 are out.
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Mon 16-Dec-13 17:24:29
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Gotta say the Wii U was money wasted on my part really because it's not a serious games machine, should have known better!
I suspect I will be getting a PS4 in the new year just to play the exclusives and I guess if it turns out to be better IMO then it may even become the primary console under the tv, who knows!!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-Dec-13 20:26:17
Print Post

When Nintendo make games mate nobody makes better games,but the point is they have lost there way and when they released the Nintendo Wii U November 2012 there was little in the way of launch games that made me want to buy one,now a year later there are a few games that i would like to play.

Its not a serious game machine because its under specked but when they make games of the quality of Mario 3d then thats reason enough for me to own one.

I haven't quite decided but i may pick one up .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 16-Dec-13 23:27:12
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

nintendo's problems seems to be.

overpriced and under availaibility of games
been clueless on social media (blocking youtube vids etc.)
been clueless on digital distribution (on current gen games, is good what they did with nes/snes etc.)

also I think the launch of wii-u was too early, when it was launched the wii was the #1 selling console.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Dec-13 00:02:19
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

And it would not surprise me that in the next 18 months they bring out a new all singing/dancing serious console to take on the likes of Sony and Microsoft.

Because lets be honest amongst each other here,as a Gamer then the Nintendo Wii U is not the number one choice and its a after thought based on a select few games that have been game changers over the years.

Games like Mario 64,Starfox,Metroid,Zelda ,Goldeneye and many many more,i even loved that N64 game Blastcorps by developers Rare that Microsoft bought back in 2000 and they haven't made a single decent game since.
  Print Thread

Jump to