Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 16-Dec-13 14:57:18
Print Post

game that has me interested in next gen

[link to this post]

check this vid guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAEUFjq2K4

although it isnt exclusive to next gen.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Dec-13 17:04:22
Print Post

Re: game that has me interested in next gen

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Certain aspects of that game look great but I'm not sure about all the top down strategy element that used to be the mainstay of old skool RPGs, having never really played one (too complicated to me). But this is billed as an action-rpg, I guess that means it's like Skyrim/Oblivion but it's evidently something of a hybrid.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. If the game world looks to be as big and all-encompassing as it is in Tameriel (ho ho) then I might well be sold as I love open world (fantasy) stuff. Not sure about the destruction demo as it looked a little gimmicky but it'd be great to be part of a proper story.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 16-Dec-13 23:09:47
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

thats whats good about it.

dragon age 2 they made it too actiony and felt like it was in fast forward during battles so it felt like another generic action game, this has brought back dragon age origins elements.

I am not sure whats supposed to be so bad about "old skool".

Bear in mind tho thats an optional way to play the game, it can be played in real time action.

What is not as good tho is I am not always a fan of massive open world areas, too easy to get lost and sidetracked. Plus I think the dialogue system doesnt look as good as origins although its good they brought back consequences like letting a town get destroyed. Its also good the hp doesnt regen between battles.

time2die got no opinion?

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 16-Dec-13 23:24:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Dec-13 00:17:30
Print Post

My opinion don't count for much mate because i have never really been a Fan of the type of game you like so i can not really comment apart from saying that if this was all that they released on consoles i would be doing a awful lot of fishing at night wink

Its clear to see mate you have a very high opinion of this type of game,nothing wrong with that as i love everything FPS which you don't like and again nothing wrong with that.

I do like certain types of games but the JRPG that attract your attention just put me of gaming mate if I'm honest,its probably because i have the attention span of a Gnat and find them utter confusing and boring.

Nothing bores me more than having to walk up to people in the open world and keep asking people questions and listening to storys that don't interest me or spending the first 30 minutes of a game designing my characters ,picking attributes and powers,shall i be a wizard or a genie or whatever,then spend another 15 minutes going through a endless list of changing the way i look .

Im not saying that the game you mention is like what but i have tried to play these Oblivion type games,Fallout,Elder Scrolls.Dragon Age and within a couple of hours i have marched back to the game shop and traded them and found myself asking the same question over and over…….Why oh why did i buy that when i know i don't like these type of games,but when i see rave reviews i think to myself i got to try that it must be good if everybody raving about it,Mass effect another prime example ,enjoyed it for the first 30 minutes then got totally bored……Sorry its just the way i am and thats why as individuals we all like different things,some like the same type and some don't .
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Dec-13 00:30:27
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
if this was all that they released on consoles i would be doing a awful lot of fishing at night wink

Is that what you call it eh? We wondered why you used so much Kleenex at night. crazy
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Dec-13 00:37:46
Print Post

Nothing wrong with 'old skool' if that's what you like. We obviously enjoy different types of games here, I prefer Skyrim and that kind of open world game. I never said the game didn't appeal, just that I couldn't grasp the combat system in past attempts of playing this type of game as it seemed too complex and convulated for my liking.

Rather like the gnat man, I too suffer somewhat with a short attention span and prefer action games like FPS. Unlike him I have enough patience to play games like GTA5 and learn how to fly the choppers and stuff.

Horses for courses is what it's all about. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one as it does look good. I too like the idea of a game with deliberate forced outcomes dependent on player choices such as you illustrate. It's kind of good not to have regenerative health too. Some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had have been the tough ones that forced you to dig deep in order to succeed. That said, there's obviously a balance to be made so hopefully the new Dragon Age will achieve that and keep both fans of the traditional approach happy whilst rewarding and encouraging new comers.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 17-Dec-13 01:19:37
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

yeah this one is a western rpg.

I think future jrpg is almost dead, the japanese companies are clueless on marketing etc.

thanks for the reply smile

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Dec-13 09:33:32
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Very good Spook you must have been up all night thinking that one up wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Dec-13 09:51:57
Print Post

Not the reply you wanted but thats pretty much how i feel about that type of game and especially sports games like Fifa and driving Games.

Has to be a Solid FPS or a game like Uncharted or the new tomb raider that was excellent,as for rpg then its Zelda for me all the way and those type of games i love with a passion.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 18-Dec-13 09:06:08
Print Post

That game looks really good Chrysalis, I will definitely watch out for it. I know what you mean about open worlds, I really enjoy Sandbox games but for me something like Skyrim was too much. I always used to go on about how I would love a huge open world RPG then when I finally get one I thought it was too big haha. This looks good though and hopefully with the power of the next gen consoles it will look great smile
  Print Thread

Jump to