Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Dec-13 19:25:48
Print Post

My new toy ....

[link to this post]

After 13 months of release I decided it was time to put some fun into gaming so I just bought a Nintendo Wii U.

I know what people our thinking.....Have I gone mad or something having slated the system for the last 13 months saying it had me not even slightly interested.

Reason for those comments were based on the fact that I didn't really think it was much of a step up from the 360 and Playstation 3 and it also released with some really poor uninteresting games.

But now a year later we have a couple of my Nintendo favourites from the past system,firstly we have the beautiful looking strategy game Pikmin 3 and the game that made Nintendo what they are today ...Mario 3D that has had some of the most amazing reviews of any game this year.

With a metroid in the pipeline and a new Zelda on the horizon and the fact it's a third of the price of a Xbox One then I felt it's now or never.

First impressions on setting it up was I was amazed how much I liked the giant sized tablet controller and the smooth interface,lots of firmware updates and set up so for now no games tested until later this evening,downloaded the free version of Zelda Windwalker HD which I love and have the other 2 I mentioned and Zombie U on its way at a bargain £14.99 new.

You see games like Zelda,Mario,Pikmin you only see on a Nintendo and I really do enjoy loosing myself in these type of games,that not your typical hardcore type of game but offer a really enjoyable colourful time and experience .

Don't get me wrong I love my Playstation 4 to bits but sometimes I like a different type of game which at present and normally Sony And Microsoft don't provide.

I'm sure in another 3 months I will have a Xbox One but like the Nintendo Wii U at the time there is nothing on that system that at the moment interests me.

So laters it's Pikmin 3 time.....Timey style wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 20-Dec-13 00:09:24)

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Dec-13 20:49:10
Print Post

Re: My new toy ....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
But now a year later we have a couple of my Nintendo favourites from the past

So you do do retro. smirk

In reply to a post by time2die:
You see games like Zelda,Mario,Pikmin you only see on a Nintendo

Maybe not forever though. Must be very tempting not to develop for iOS and Android eh?

Glad you're happy with your new toy mate. Let the good time's roll! tongue
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Thu 19-Dec-13 21:19:50
Print Post

Before opening the thread I thought you were going to say you had bought a Xbox One haha smile

Well I did not expect you to get a Nintendo Wii U especially as the PS4 has only just launched lol I thought that would have kept you busy enough. Anyway glad you are enjoying it but it doesn't interest me at all but that because I am not a fan of the game franchises they have been milking for decades tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Dec-13 00:10:43
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Trance i will have a Xbox one when the put a decent game on the system and I'm not talking Ryse or Dead Rising 3 either wink
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 20-Dec-13 11:43:15
Print Post

Timey you're really not selling me on the PS4, (Timeys PS4 sits gathering dust while he marvels at the Wii U's capabilities)
What Timey really likes is actually holding a big tablet in his hands up close and personal so his eyes can see wink
Just kidding buddy, I'm sure I'll own a PS4 in the next few months, and as for the Wii U I thought was a fun piece of kit that was lacking that killer piece of software to play! Have fun!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Dec-13 15:29:25
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Now Jorkila the playstation 4 is awesome mate and so is Killzone Shadowfall and Resogun as a Arcade type shooter,but its time to repeat myself over again so sorry.

Nobody makes games like Zelda.Pikmin and Mario and a load of others like the Brilliant Nintendo,at times i just want to play a colourful platformer like the awesome Mario 3D or the lovely looking strategy game Pikmin 3 or the new HD edition of Zelda Windwalker that looks absolutely stunning.

Without these game releases the system would still be at Shopto.net,games sell consoles and apart form a couple of decent games on both the Xbox One and the Playstation 4 there is nothing out in the pipeline until March worth getting excited about.

And for the cost its a bargain and a lot of fun ,remember i could have bought this November 2012 but because of the poor games i left it.

I still have the wrapper on Cod Ghosts and to be honest i might even sell it on ebay as it really does not excite me that much and people seem to have forgot about that game pretty quick.

Battlefield on the other hand is brilliant,but myself and Nelly went into a server last weekend and it was unplayable so i hope i haven't got the same issues as Nelly else I'm going back to standard ADSL.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Dec-13 17:37:29
Print Post

I nearly bought a PS Vita today. Went to HMV for one of the £99 deals they are offering http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/white-100-black-ps-v...

Bloke told me I just missed the last one. Oh well not to worry it would just have ended up in a box with my two PSP's laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 20-Dec-13 17:50:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

no wonder hmv are struggling. I went to buy one of their website except, they dont do any online business anymore, what year do they live in?

and their website seems designed for android with its interface as if pc's no longer exist.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 20-Dec-13 17:50:50)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 20-Dec-13 18:53:01
Print Post

got myself one also xmas present, zelda box.

plus some other games

the lost story plummeted in price and I already brought xenoblade chroicles 2 weeks ago.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Dec-13 19:56:27
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

That's the bundle I got with the Zelda themed tablet which I really like,as I've said I have been extremely criticle of Nintendo and there complete lack of respect for hardened gamers , seem to target the kiddie market with a lot of there games and many titles like just dance and the endless other junk aimed at a Family audience.

Zelda Windwalker was a Cell shaded classic on the GameCube ,wait until you download it and see it in glorious HD,it looks absolutely stunning mate and really does make a massive difference.

As I mentioned I also bought it for the new Mario 3D game and Pikmin,picked up Zombie U on the cheap so plenty to play over Christmas.

With all that and The Playstation 4 I'm in Gaming heaven which will keep me occupied well into the new year and the release of Infamous Second Son and Watchdogs and many more.

Shall also pick up that Titanfall if reviews turn out favourably ,but that game requires a Xbox One....more money wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to