Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:04:17
Print Post

New Gen Consoles

[link to this post]

Happy New Year everyone smile

I wonder how long it is before the price cuts will kick in for the Xbox One and poss the PS4. Reason I know only one person with an Xbox One and nobody with a PS4 and my teenage kids never even asked/mentioned the new consoles for Xmas. Ok not very scientific laugh but I really can`t see these being massive hit at £400, got two 360s in this house and in no massive rush to replace them!?

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:15:37
Print Post

Re: New Gen Consoles

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Happy new year Mr Grumpy.

Can't see a Sony price cut coming any time soon to be honest, not with the ps4 still being difficult to get hold of over Christmas. I suppose the Xbox one could reduce it's price to the same as the ps4 if the reported unofficial sales numbers are to be believed, but they may still be happily within their predicted sales figures.

I've still got two ps3's going strong, but I wouldn't be quite as confident as to how long Microsoft will keep supporting the 360 if past history is anything to go by. As long as they do, the 360 and ps3 are still great consoles.

Isn't TitanFall coming to the 360?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:17:57
Print Post

Well well well Grumpy makes a Gaming forum Return,where have you been all of 2013 Grumpy blush.

There is a few of us on here with next generation consoles and i know plenty of people with Playstation 4s wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:23:59
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Well Sony have openly admitted all there focus is now on the Playstation 4 and i doubt we will see as many top class games as previous years on the playstation 3.

Personally i think its the way to go,promote what you have just launched and give people huge reasons to make the jump and upgrade,give us jaw dropping games that are only possible on next generation hardware.

Think Titanfall and Infamous Second Son will be the start of something truly amazing.wink

Edited by time2die (Wed 01-Jan-14 10:41:55)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:40:05
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Personally i think its the way to go,promote what you have just launched and give people huge reasons to make the jump and upgrade,give us jaw dropping games that are only possible on next generation hardware.
Couldn't agree more mate.

But it's still a lot of money in current times, whatever the Eaton Rifles would have you believe. I'd love another couple of PS4's but its just too much dosh.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:48:14
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Why do you want more than 1 playstation 4 mate may i ask wink

And i don't know a Poor Electrician tongue,i had a electrician come around here and replace a transformer in one of these stupid fancy lights we have scattered around the house with the small halogen bulbs that last mere weeks.

Charged me £20 for a replacement and £40 for changing it over that took him 5 minutes so thats basically £60 for 10 minutes job and the lights still useless.

Seems to get to hot,if you have it on for a few hours and turn it off and back on again it don't work until its cooled down a hour or so later.

So I'm not having any of your poor electrician with no money Sony Sob Stories wink

Have a good new year mate and lets hope we get your connection sorted so we can have a few games,I'm dropping both that Knack and Ghosts tomorrow and getting something for the Xbox one.smile
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Wed 01-Jan-14 10:49:47
Print Post

Happy New Year smile

I also do not expect Sony to cut the price of the PS4 which is already good value at £349 IMO and they apparently make a loss at that price. Add to that the high sales and high demand and it seems unlikely.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jan-14 11:01:01
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Its funny that basically everywhere you go Xbox One are very easy to get but Playstation 4 you can not find for love or money.

Like i have already said Microsoft supply chain may be better equipped and Sony is Lacking a little,or it could be that Sony Console apparently seems more popular.wink
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Jan-14 11:13:27
Print Post

I agree with every body else . You will not be seeing a price reduction for the Sony PS4 this year its already competitively priced when compared to the competition and demand is out stripping supply .

But the Xbox One is a different story , its easy to find a Xbox One , it costs £80 more than a PS4 and is being out sold by Sony PS4 by a considerable margin .

I still don't see them reducing the price of the Xbox One till after the release of Titian Full , which is in March , so my hunch is a price reduction beginning of the summer on the Xbox One and no reduction on the PS4 this year
Could see some packages being put together , to try and sure up Xbox sales but what's on offer now , is disappointing .
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jan-14 11:18:01
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I don't want three ps4 consoles, I just want to keep the kids away from mine! crazy

I told you I'd buy knack off you, for the kids obviously. wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to