Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 15:43:59
Print Post

Xbox One now set up ....Thoughts

[link to this post]

Packaged nice and tight and better than the Playstation 4 in that respect,Kinnect is about the size of the Playstation 4 but the picture is far superior I have to say that,not saying that the camera is no good on the Playstation 4 but side by side Microsoft camera obviously is of higher quality.

Not tested the Kinnect apart from the picture of me sitting here as I went through the install options.

Controller...

Very similar to the 360 controller so not really that much of a change,had to buy a plug and play kit as it uses standard batteries which quite frankly is ludicrous in this day and age,so Playstation 4 wins this argument out of site.

Looks...

Like a VCR from the Eighties and I don't care what anyone else thinks....it does ..

But at the end of the day it's what's on it and how it performs and how long it lasts tongue reliability wise.....yes I've had a faulty Playstation 4 so I'm not saying this is going to be the same,but based on the 360 horrendous problems then I hope Microsoft have a stable reliable system in place.

Install times...

Now this is where the Playstation 4 literally anyalates the Xbox One.

I am now having to go through a install procedure of Dead Rising 3, it took at least 10 minutes and around 20 % of installing before it gave me the option to play it, now some 20 minutes later it's still installing and is two thirds through completing the install procedure .

Sorry Jaxx but within 30 seconds you can play any Playstation 4 game and literally minutes later it's fully installed! I would say that Killzone Shadowfall took about 5 minutes to fully install but was playable within seconds.

So on this count the Playstation 4 wins this argument hands down...., may be in the future with new firmware and drivers Microsoft may improve this slow procedure.

Overall it's a nice system and I'm not going to say which is better as reliability and the games that are available on the system will dictate that argument.

I'm happy with how easy it was to set up,apart from retrieving all my Xbox live gold account information with security sent emails and text message I had to wait for to put in activation codes, you know how it is with this sort of stuff,they say they have sent you email confirmation to the email address ,but sometimes it's a hour later when this comes through.

Interface..

There are way more options and setting on the Xbox One home screen so in that respect it offers more than the sparse Playstation 4 home screen which is very nice and easy to navigate but limited compared to the Xbox one..

So to sum it up it's all about games and reliability ....and only the next 12 to 18 months or this time next year will we know what's what and who has the better exclusives.

Oh just one more thing....just tested the voice commands option that the Playstation 4 has also and it seems quite responsive, can not say it's any better as I have only just shouted a few options but it's silky smooth and fast....not that I care about these functions or Kinnect .smile

Now Dead Rising 3 has completed installing I'm going to have a quick 30 minutes... My thoughts later..

Timey wink
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 18:14:46
Print Post

Re: Xbox One now set up ....Thoughts

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

My Ryse and DR3 were digital downloads and took an absolute age to install despite my 80mb fibre!! (The Xbox does connect at full speed too!)
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 19:00:00
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I usually found digitally downloads on the old 360 were way faster than anything on the Playstation 3, I can not believe Microsoft have took a step backwards in this respect.

Hopefully they sort it out with a future upgrade in there firmwarewink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 19:21:06
Print Post

I'm not sure if the bottleneck was the download or the install holding up the download?
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 19:57:21
Print Post

So basically what you are saying is that the PS4 is better grin

Just kidding, like you said it's all about the games, get the system that has the games you want.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 20:53:29
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Spot on wink but keep it quiet mate!it's our little secret blush

I wrote that in coded launguage and you obviously cracked it wink well done Sherlock
Standard User dualbroadband
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 21:07:35
Print Post

Re: Xbox One now set up ....Thoughts *DELETED*

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 21:10:20
Print Post

[re: dualbroadband] [link to this post]

Bye Bye wink