Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Tue 07-Jan-14 12:25:37
Print Post

Xbox One Wireless Issues

[link to this post]

So I had a bit of a panic last week, I was watching "The Rock" on Netflix (classic film tongue) and it cut off 10 mins before the end. I tried to get back onto the wireless and it wouldn't work, hmm that's a bit odd! Turned the Xbox off and rebooted the router, all came back up and the router was fine but my Xbox wouldn't connect. It was pretty late at night so I turned it all off and went to bed.

Next day I try to go on and same problem, it asked me to go through troubleshooting so I did it all. I logged onto the router to make sure it wasn't doing anything odd, all looked ok. I tried setting up the connection using manual details for IP, subnet and DNS rather than automatic and that still didn't work.

I looked around online and saw a few people with the same issues and a Microsoft employee had said go onto their site and fill in a returns form. I was gutted thinking I would need to send it off and it might be a faulty wireless adapter. As a last thing to try I went onto the Xbox Settings and turned Always On mode off and then turned the Xbox off and on again and hey presto it worked!

It seems that perhaps the Xbox caches certain things, as I had turned the wireless adapter on and off using the settings to no avail. I am still going to use the Always On mode I think as it's great for installing updates and stuff when you're not home and when I sit down and turn it on it's instantly on the dashboard. Just something to watch if your Xbox starts doing weird stuff.

Next gen huh? tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Jan-14 15:11:55
Print Post

Re: Xbox One Wireless Issues

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Exactly…….Not fault free are they blush
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Tue 07-Jan-14 19:23:30
Print Post

Re: Xbox One Wireless Issues

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Cheers for the heads up bud!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to