Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Tue 07-Jan-14 19:53:06
Print Post

PlayStation Now - game streaming service

[link to this post]

From IGN, Full article here

Today at CES, Sony revealed PlayStation Now, an all-new games streaming service that will allow "classic" PlayStation games to be played across current-gen PlayStation hardware, as well as directly on other non-gaming platforms. PlayStation Now harnesses the power of Gaikai, the company Sony purchased for $380 million back in the summer of 2012.

The idea behind PlayStation Now is simple: you will ultimately no longer need to keep your PlayStation 3 around to experience games from that consoles. PlayStation Now will allow streaming of classics from that system to not only PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, but to televisions, tablets, and smartphones. 2014 model Sony Bravia televisions will support PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Now will ultimately scale to non-Sony devices as well.

We're awaiting further details about PlayStation Now, but in the meantime, expect a closed beta for the service to begin later this month, with full service rolling out to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and other electronic devices this summer.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Jan-14 20:03:14
Print Post

Re: PlayStation Now - game streaming service

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Thought that online thing was only in America this year been tested then across the rest in 2015... I actually watched the press conference and posted a link earlier today about it .
Standard User astateoftrance
(committed) Tue 07-Jan-14 20:22:51
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I didn't watch the press conference but did see the IGN hight lights which did not mention this. I thought this was new news from today. Anyways, I don't know when it is launching here but 2015 is ok with me as that's when I should get Fibre enabled which I am sure I would need for this.

Sounds like a good service especially all the different devices you can stream to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Jan-14 09:39:11
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Apparently its not how fast your line is.
They send the input from your touchscreen or game controller to the cloud. It doesn't necessarily require an extremely fast internet connection, but it does require one with very low latency, so that the time between you pressing a button, and the time you see the reaction, is as short as possible.
  Print Thread

Jump to