Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 00:48:17
Print Post

My First Playstation 4 fault.?

[link to this post]

Finally a Video like My Problem

There are quite a few different videos regarding faults on Xbox Ones and Playstation 4 but this is the first time i have come across the fault i had with my original launch playstation 4 that has now been replaced and running as smooth as silk.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 09:40:26
Print Post

Re: My First Playstation 4 fault.?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Has he got it sat on the carpet????
Pretty stupid thing to do if he has laugh

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 12:18:55
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

It shouldn't make any difference that he chose to house his console on a carpet,some people have said exactly the same as you Swanny but although i put mine on proper tv glass shelves like most people with adequate ventilation there is no excuse for this to happen regardless of where he has the console situated.

I agree its not ideal and not the norm but i doubt this is a system problem because it was where the console is sat.

Edited by time2die (Tue 14-Jan-14 15:39:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 15:14:41
Print Post

It might not be causing his problem but carpets can be full of static electricity so it's really not a good idea to place anything electrical on them.

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 15:40:42
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Thats True and its not ideal but if you watch the video the console eventually dies [sad] or fails to power on ?
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 21:01:38
Print Post

Woah. Thought you had a problem with your new PS4. Good to know you don't.

My own PS3 is also running smoothly after setting it up yesterday. I put Red Dead on and thought, mmm, ok. Played it for a few hours, had a (overly long) game of poker and made a couple of bucks then put on GTAV, the real reason for owning a PS3.

And my oh my - GTA5 is lovely. All I've been doing is driving around in super nice sportscars at top speeds and admiring the way they handle with the dual shock controller. You don't get any feedback with a keyboard and mouse and something about pressing the right shoulder button down to accelerate just feels so good! And graphically, the game has got to be close to the best I've seen so far, PC or not.

You can tell the overall lack of definition though that's to be expected, 720p and the limitations of 7 or so year old hardware but to think what they've gotten out of the PS3 is nothing short of amazing. My only gripe is not being able to read road signs well as I'm bombing around but then I could just slow down I guess but who wants to do that?

Luverly! Should say thanks to Father Timey for sending it to me all wrapped up in his gf's favourite purple cushion too. Something tells me it's not a cheap cushion either so perhaps I should send it back? But then I'd be cushionless again with nothing to rest on when playing. winktongue

It's hard work using the controllers to shoot at the shooting gallery mind. I spent ages tweaking things and had to go southpaw, which worked for me. Then switch it back for real life. Haven't gotten very far in the main story yet but I'm going back in.

I don't know how the PSN stuff works but my user ID is spooktooth so feel free to add me - I need some friends! I won't likely go online for a bit tho as I am pretty handicapped as a newbie console player and would likely be ridiculously easy meat! grin Gotta do some training up first! tongue

Arsenal! No I don't support them but know someone who will appreciate the sentiment. wink Hahaha. Cheers mate! No wonder you were so quiet last night. smile

Edited by SPOOKish (Tue 14-Jan-14 21:02:03)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 22:24:32
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Just wait till you load up The Last Of Us then if you think GTA5 looks nice......and you should not discard Red Dead Redemption as that is a extremely class game with great graphics for a game that's 3 years old if not older....

Look beyond GTA5 even though it's a classic with great story ,great dialogue ,and great Charector interaction with amazing graphics on a Platstation 3

Edited by time2die (Wed 15-Jan-14 10:14:59)

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Wed 15-Jan-14 10:10:03
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I really am blown away by what Rockstar have achieved with GTA V. It's such a huge and beautiful world with so much going on and there is no loading at all as you move around the map. Amazing considering it is on a 7 year old console.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Wed 15-Jan-14 10:13:04
Print Post

My advice would be to play GTA 5 and then TLOU as both are amazing games and 2 of my all time favourites now. I think I will give TLOU another play through when the single player DLC is out.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 10:19:25
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

By the time he has finished GTA5 it will be a long time before he gets to play another classic Playstation 3 game like The Last Of Us.

Personally I would put GTA5 on hold and play The Last Of Us single player as it has not got the same amount of depth as GTA5 and the online multiplayer is not as intriguing and as a addictive .

There is certainly a extreme amount of value and playtime in GTA5 compared to the last of us wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to