Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 15:16:36
Print Post

I've returned to Retro Gaming ? How could this be.

[link to this post]

How is it someone that has just upgraded his console collection is happy playing games from the past and not the current generation titles.

Why does Zelda Wind Waker have me totally transfixed with playing nothing but the Nintendo Wii U,how does a game from 10 years ago slaughter much of the stuff that we have on the market today and why did I never consider a Nintendo Wii U in the first instance.

The answer to the last question is easy,there was little out for Nintendo so called next generation console at the time of release and third party developers were eloping at a alarming rate.

Nintendo really lost there focus and to me all though very successful with the Wii focused entirely on the family market and motion controlled games.

I have never ever been a lover of anything motion controlled ,be it the Originally Nintendo Wii and the Kinnect and the Playstation eye,just doesn't do it for me and with the Wii I hated playing games like FPS Classic Metroid prime with a Wii controller and a Nunchuck connected to it.

Apart from the fun Wii game Boom blocks it did nothing for me and within a few months I ditched the Wii,but after a couple of years I returned to the Nintendo Wii And acquired another one for one reason Zelda Skyward Sword released a couple of years ago.

But as time progressed I got more focused with online games like Black ops and the previous MW Games and lost interest once again and sold it for peanuts at blockbusters.

Now I have returned and as you know bought a Nintendo Wii U Zelda Wind Waker HD version included and have been totally blown away by this game and a few others on the system.

I'm writing this because I want others to consider a future purchase of a Nintendo Wii U because nobody has been more anti Nintendo than myself on theses forums .

But when I play these games I realise that when Nintendo make Quality games like the above mentioned nobody does it better,with some third party support and a quicker release schedule Nintendo still have what it takes to compete with the other Big Two .

What's crazy about this post is the fact I have just been so blown away by the decade old Zelda and I know the Wii U is backward compatable that I have just bought some Nintendo Wii stuff of eBay so I can play Zelda Skyward Sword which needs a Wii remote and nunchuck and Wii remote charger to play it.

All this stuff ive had and sold over and over again but I'm having such a fantastic time playing this Wii U that I must get Zelda Skyward Sword.

At present I've completly lost interest in online Gaming,be it Shadowfall.Ghosts or Battlefield 4 when I fire up a game it's Mario,Zelda or Pikmin 3 and that's a strange one for me given my love of great next generation games.

May be most developers have been churning out average looking games that we have all thought the norm and have put up with them,obviously GTA5 and The Last Of Us are pure class ,but that's my point Zelda games are pure class and even to this day offer a great gaming experience .

Apologies if I have already mentioned some if not all of the stuff but it's something I wanted to say given my hatred over the years of retro games from the past .

Don't get me wrong I'm only talking classic games from the past that appeal to me and not every retro game out there wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 16-Jan-14 01:28:40)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 16:12:57
Print Post

Re: I've returned to Retro Gaming ? How could this be.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I've just started playing Lego Harry Potter years 5 - 7 it's great fun laugh
Only decided to buy it after playing the demo. Never bought a game before just on the strength of a demo

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 16:17:35
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

What on the Playstation 3, there is a Lego game on the Wii U best check it out at some point wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 16:38:05
Print Post

I've been playing Split/Second a lot (the viewers probably love me, because I am so loveable, and of course I do make sure there is a lot of wreckage around), Red Faction:Armageddon and others, and all because they are more fun that the latest games.

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 16:50:50
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

And you know what Toady i think after revisiting a few other Retro games that you are correct in your logic and your way of thinking.wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 19:21:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
And you know what Toady i think after revisiting a few other Retro games that you are correct in your logic and your way of thinking.wink

Rubs eyes in disbelief. Did Timey just say that and is this a thread about his love of retro gaming? blush crazy
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Wed 15-Jan-14 20:21:47
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Ha i actually fired up BF2142 on the iMac yesterday smile wow did i put some hours into that back in the day and to be honest it still looks and plays well, just a shame about the lack of servers!!
Had a go on the lego super hero demo on the Xbox One too and to be honest i was impressed!
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 21:29:53
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Oh 2142. We could do with a remake. I did play it but not as much as you by the sounds of it. grin

I actually toyed with the idea of buying BF1942 for the Mac when I saw that there was a Mac version but after playing it again on PC and basically seeing how [censored] it looks, I think I'll give it a miss. wink

How much is 2142 on the Mac then? That might make a lot more sense. I miss my Battlefield games when I'm away from home sometimes...

smile
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Wed 15-Jan-14 21:32:56
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I actually dual boot windows 7 spook, so actually only running it on the iMac hardware wink
I already owned it mate on my old origin account, eadownloader back then lol
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 21:47:56
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Ah. Dual booting malarkey eh? Can't be doing with that really though it does make sense where gaming is concerned I guess.

Yeah, I've got BF2142 sat in my Origin/EADownloader a/c thing too. Hmm. tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to