Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 15:32:49
Print Post

Playstation Plus...Why it's good value

[link to this post]

Great Value and underrated

For those doubters and the ones than more than likely subscribe to a Xbox live service with not even half the content ......wink

How can so many complain about £40 a year and what you get,I agree the download speeds and constant updates and installing issues are a pain in the backside on the Playstation 3 store,but on a Playstation 4 these don't occur and in my opinion it's now faster than the Xbox Live Store and I'm taking Xbox One.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Wed 15-Jan-14 16:16:54
Print Post

Re: Playstation Plus...Why it's good value

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It is exceptional value for money I can't believe how much you get for £39.99 a year. It really suits me also as I do not buy many games at or around release so most of them are games I have not played.

Edited by astateoftrance (Wed 15-Jan-14 16:17:22)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 16:57:24
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

And thats another reason why its good value even better for you than for myself because as you know by the time the majority of those games come free to Playstation plus subscribers old Timey here has done that been there and got the tea shirt wink and traded them in i might add tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 18:49:21
Print Post

I turned on the PS4 last night and there were three updates queued up. BF4, Killzone and Contrast. They all started downloading together at a rate of around 50Mbps. The BF; update was 600 odd MB and came down in a little over 90 seconds. Never managed those sort of download speeds on the PS3.

It installed in a similar amount of time. Love it. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 01:25:54
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Agreed matey wink

Its a joy compared to the playstation 3 store and service.cool
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Thu 16-Jan-14 10:08:19
Print Post

Agreed, I had it when i had my ps3 and a far better value than xbox live!!
Don't get me wrong as far as the online game playing experience go's the 360's live service is a hands down better experience than psn on the ps3!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 11:50:35
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Agreed but i think now with the Playstation 4 Sony has got its act together and its a much better smoother experience.wink
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 16-Jan-14 14:38:49
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

what happens if none of the games in the list are wanted tho?

Out of that list I think I would play 2 of those games.

To clear something up as I am a bit confused.

If I signed up to psn today would I get all those games?

If I get a game this month is there a time limit to play or is it mine for life?

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 16-Jan-14 14:40:37)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 14:57:50
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Nope you can download what you like…wink as long as your a Playstation plus subscriber and the games on the store are still freebies smile

Not everything is free to playstation plus subscribers but there are a hell of a lot of games that are,also when some are payed content there are usually discounts in place for plus subscribers.

You also asked me a Nintendo Wii U question Saturday which i answered and yet you seem to have totally ignored the thread and topic you started even though the post header has my name on it as a question ?

May be you just forgot you had wrote it and asked a question ?

This One wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 16-Jan-14 14:59:18)

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Thu 16-Jan-14 16:40:59
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
what happens if none of the games in the list are wanted tho?

Out of that list I think I would play 2 of those games.

For most gamers there would be many games they would like provided they have not already played them.

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
To clear something up as I am a bit confused.

If I signed up to psn today would I get all those games?

If I get a game this month is there a time limit to play or is it mine for life?

No you would not get all those games. I think that is a list of games that have been on PS+ during the last year. It is also from the US so not the same as Europe.

At the moment there are 14 games available on PS+, those are for the PS3/Vita/PS4. About 5 of them are changed for new ones every month so you would need to download them before the month ends. The others stay there for a whole year. Once you download them they are yours to keep for as long as you subscribe to PS+.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to