Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jan-14 11:23:37
Print Post

GTA V reset

[link to this post]

Looks like I've lost a fortune, they've closed Gta online for maintenance and are emptying everyone's bank accounts. I had about $46 million left in the bank after being gifted $69 million and it's now empty. I'm not too worried about the money but I really hope they don't take away my cars confused

At least it will stop people chucking sticky bombs at you. Ammo's too [censored] expensive to waste

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jan-14 12:31:36
Print Post

Re: GTA V reset

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

1/16/14: In recent weeks, a small number of Grand Theft Auto Online players sought to exploit the game by generating and distributing game-breaking amounts of in-game cash, disrupting the experience for other players. We will continue to issue hotfixes and title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on gameplay, and as part of today's maintenence period, we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy. Anyone who innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed, and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own. Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether. For more information and answers to frequently-asked questions about this process, please refer to: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/2...

Looks like I can keep my stuff which is good as I bought everything possible to buy smile

The process of removing counterfeit GTA$ removes it first from a player’s bank account, then from any inactive character wallets and finally from the wallet of the active character.

Well my bank account is $0 but I still have $526k in my wallet so I guess that will be gone soon

Swanny
cool

Edited by Lt_Swan (Thu 16-Jan-14 12:44:21)

Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Thu 16-Jan-14 14:21:26
Print Post

Not been on GTA for ages, have they added Heists in to multiplayer yet dude?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 15:00:34
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Dude ? tongue Never new you was American Jaxx wink
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Thu 16-Jan-14 16:47:11
Print Post

Ouch. At least you can keep your assets.

Guess there will be no free moneys now? tongue
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 17:19:58
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Wasn't it regarded as being a bit "odd" when people were giving away loads of wonga ?

Something similar happened with The Simpsons Tapped Out (a wonderful video of that is here). whereby people were buying promotional cards to increase their donut count, oblivious (or couldn't care) that the whole thing was a bit of a scam...

I did my duty, of course, and going around with "told you so"...

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jan-14 19:17:51
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Nope not yet dude smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 19:21:27
Print Post

Hey man whats happening Sucker you crazy Mutha [censored] wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jan-14 19:23:48
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I'll see what I can do for you smile

I did have a fully modded Cheetah until last nite when some [censored] blew it up, I trying claiming on the insurance but they wouldn't answer the phone and now it's gone forever, fecking thing cost me over $1mill with all the mods frown
I've replaced it with another beach buggy. Took it out for a spin and a different [censored] shot the tyres out before I could fit bullet proof ones. Must admit the buggy's are great fun to drive

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jan-14 19:24:54
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

We're down with it dawg

Swanny
cool