Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Jan-14 10:49:40
Print Post

Games On Next Generation Consoles ?

[link to this post]

So what you looking forward to this year,without me looking through the release schedule of 2014 of the top of my head these are a few of the ones i have an eye on at present.

Starting with Tomb Raider in 2 weeks for the Playstation 4.

Thief looks interesting but I'm not sure its for me.

Infamous Second Son , Playstation 4 exclusive will be the dogs dangles .wink

Titanfall Xbox Exclusive has really grown on me when i was not initially impressed.

Donkey Kong country on the Nintendo Wii U

Watchdogs……No brainer smile

Plants v Zombies garden Warefare

And Metal Gear Solid Ground Warfare,again not sure as its a stealth type game.

These are just a small selection and there are many i haven't listed or have forgot about. wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Jan-14 15:31:17
Print Post

Re: Games On Next Generation Consoles ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I reckon Tomb Raider could be a good one. If they have added spit and polish I will definitely be up for it, as by all accounts you reckoned it was really pretty on the PS3 to begin with.

And Drive Club looks so realistic I think I will have to have it, although we'll get the free version anyway, so no risk involved there. smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Jan-14 19:49:49
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Mate if you left Tomb Raider on the shelf for your Playstation 3 then you just have to get it as it was one of the best looking and great games of 2013.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 18-Jan-14 20:02:53
Print Post

Had a look at a list of 2014 releases and only ones that really have me interested are Watch Dogs and Alien: Isolation. Admittedly I haven't heard of some of the games on the list.

At the moment I am finding it easy to resist buying a PS4.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Jan-14 01:19:37
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Thats easy because apart from the few games that got released end of november nothing else had come out,however trance if Watchdogs had shipped like it originally should have and it was a Next Gen exclusive which it isn't then that would be a whole new ball game.

Generally thats how it is with new console launches they have limited software on release and for about 6 months after,but usually they release with a killer title and sadly in both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 this is indeed not the case.

They have what a call a couple of decent games,worth owning either system then thats a no ?
(experienced) Sun 19-Jan-14 18:07:07
Print Post

Yeah it's a shame Watch Dogs was delayed. Just watched a game play trailer on the official site and it looks amazing, really my type of game. Open world, hacking and it allows you to approach situations however you want.

On the video though it showed some other player entering your game and trying to hack you.. not sure I like the idea of that for the single player so hopefully there's a option to turn it off.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jan-14 23:49:14
Print Post

Watchdogs/Titanfall etc may all look good in videos but until they are released and the independent reviews have come in its really hard to say if they will deliver as many titles have not but their are exceptions.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Sun 19-Jan-14 23:51:14)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 20-Jan-14 10:08:39
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

correct, the worst way to judge a game is by officially released trailers.

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Jan-14 11:03:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by astateoftrance:
Yeah it's a shame Watch Dogs was delayed. Just watched a game play trailer on the official site and it looks amazing, really my type of game. Open world, hacking and it allows you to approach situations however you want.

On the video though it showed some other player entering your game and trying to hack you.. not sure I like the idea of that for the single player so hopefully there's a option to turn it off.

Yeah, I can imagine playing a single player game and some nobhead 12yo hax0r coming in and messing everything up. Hopefully we'll have the option to unplug them. grin

Watch Dogs for PC for me. I'm not interested in a remake of the last Tomb Raider. It looked great and played all right but it's not worth a revisit for me.

GTA 5 for PC!! Been playing this - ahem - quite a bit lately and it looks great for PS3 so a shinier version of PC would be nice.

Would like to play a Metal Gears based game again one day and a nice driving game too. Can't believe GT6 has microtransactions built in. How cheeky is that on a game, in some instances, costing £60?
(experienced) Mon 20-Jan-14 20:50:10
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Sure I read that although GT 6 has micro transactions you can get everything in the game by playing, so no need to pay extra to get the full experience it's just a option.

Edited by astateoftrance (Mon 20-Jan-14 20:52:19)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to