Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Tue 21-Jan-14 16:31:26
Print Post

PS4 downloading slowness

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is getting slowness/buffering problems watching movies/tv shows on PS4?

I've got BT infinity 2 broadband and aside from PS4, all is OK speed wise.

Anyone have thoughts?

BT have checked the line and report all OK.

zrerz.
BTInfinity 2
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Jan-14 19:22:04
Print Post

Re: PS4 downloading slowness

[re: zrerz] [link to this post]

Don't generally use that facility mate only downloading and installing games which by all accounts is super fast compared to the Playstation 3 service which as I have said time and time again is appalling to say the least.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:38:26
Print Post

Where are you streaming from, the PSN store or third party app?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:55:24
Print Post

BT have checked the line and report all OK.

Have they physically checked the line (i.e. engineers visit) or just "tested" the line via the call centre techs (not that you are very likely to get to one of those without threatening a furore).

"Hi I'm Troy McLure! You may remember me from such shows as When BT lines go bad!."

Only prior to your first problem do you think everything's rosie in the BT support garden.

Joking aside, you would be better off in one of the technical forums. Unlike us pretenders, there are some experienced dudes over there.
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Jan-14 12:16:49
Print Post

Afraid I don't own a PS4. Only just got round to getting a PS3 actually.... crazy

I would add to MrNelster's sentiment that you'd find better info/more intelligent and more informed answers elsewhere really. Personally I'd google your question. It would help to know which app you were using and if all of them encounter frequent buffering issues?

Also - note time of day. If you can download okay from other sites then it's unlikely there's a line fault but you'd need to rule out contention/traffic management - ie, deliberate throttling of certain services activated at particular times of the day for your ISP to manage their traffic. But it sounds more like an issue with the PS4 and that particular app you're using that didn't name that's the issue so I'd include that in a google search and try to narrow it down to UK hits to see if others are experiencing the same issue (which is highly likely).

If it's technical issue then other users can help you set up your router say or talk to BT if it does indeed turn out to be a line issue. smile
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Thu 23-Jan-14 14:17:05
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I think he's initially asking if any of the other 2 ps4 owners were seeing similar issues?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Jan-14 14:25:34
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

And the answer to that was I find the Playstation downloads and installs games very very fast,considerably faster than a Xbox One I may add.

I think his problem is associated with Netflix and streaming media which is something I dint do so can not answer the questions as I use them purely for gaming and very little else wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Jan-14 15:57:40
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I got that which is why I went on to ask the questions I did. See, I'm always a few steps ahead of your average bear. smile
  Print Thread

Jump to