Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 25-Jan-14 17:30:01
Print Post

Something Slim

[link to this post]

Sony are launching something slim on Thursday next week which is most likely the PS Vita Slim.

"Following the biggest launch in PlayStation history, join us for an introduction to the slimmest."

Be interesting to see what price they put it at considering there have been some great deals on the original Vita which has a better screen. Maybe under £100 without any games/memory card?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 26-Jan-14 14:34:06
Print Post

Re: Something Slim

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

they need to launch a "super vita"

Which has following specs.

umd slot so true psp compatability given a ton of psp games arent on digital.
hdmi/dvi out.

then I buy one.

until then its a pc psp emulator.

(experienced) Sun 26-Jan-14 19:49:08
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I am not bothered about PSP but HDMI out would be a nice feature, they may well reserve that for the Vita TV though, if it will be released outside of Japan that is. Maybe there will be news about it on Thursday?

Edited by astateoftrance (Sun 26-Jan-14 19:50:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Fri 31-Jan-14 20:40:01
Print Post

So as expected it is the Vita Slim. RRP is £180.. That is way high but hopefully retailers will be selling it for substantially lower as they often do. If not then I really don't get it. There have been bundles with the original Vita, a memory card and LBP/Tearaway for £150. I had been expecting something like £99 for a standalone unit as it has a cheaper screen and must cost Sony less to make.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Jan-14 21:39:43
Print Post

Maybe they have a large stock of the original model and want to shift those first? Otherwise I would agree it is a bit odd. I think the slim will be appreciated more because of its size and the OLED screen will soon get forgotten. Mine looks awesome for playing Hustle Kings though. smirk
(experienced) Sun 02-Feb-14 21:05:21
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Could well be.

Shopto have the original Vita Tearaway/LBP bundle with a 16GB memory card for just under £150...John Lewis got same bundle for £10 more but they provide a 2 year warranty... seems like a much better deal if retailers will follow the RRP on the Slim.
  Print Thread

Jump to