Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jan-14 08:45:31
Print Post

Titan Fall open beta PC and Xbone

[link to this post]

As title , a open Beta from the 14 of February for PC and Xbone nothing about xbox 360 but that is not really a surprise as its probably a stripped down version that they don't want to show of .

Still its good of EA to run a Beta not sure what good it will do with less than a month to realise , apart from to upset all those who have PS4 with nothing to play and bring a whole lot more people on to " the games amazing " which is all people say that have been lucky enough to of already played it .

Really good to see a PC Beta , wondering what minimum specification is , mind , since my Xbone ,not been near my gaming Laptop as found xbone version of BF4 to be allot of fun with a 8 person party and two squads , even if on different sides , as it takes allot to get all 8 on one team .

Biggest concern about Titan Fall is the reduction in players from 24 to 12 from the game that won all those awards at E3 , guess i will be finding out on the 14th .
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Wed 29-Jan-14 09:07:20
Print Post

Re: Titan Fall open beta PC and Xbone

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Interesting, hadn't seen that they were offering a Beta so I will probably give this a go. I am looking forward to the game, I hope it is going to be as good as all of the hype. Did they change it to 12 player limit after they won the awards out of interest?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jan-14 22:46:02
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I don't absolutely know all the facts only that its been reduced from 12 vs 12 to 6 vs 6 and this is a resent reduction , so I'm pretty sure the game that won all the awards was the 12 vs 12 version .

the extra players are being made up by AI , i have no idea how this is going to work , so I'm very interested in the Beta .

It very much could be a case of over hype but knowing a few people who have played it at trade shows and had access to the Alfa i have a good feeling that this is the right game at the right time .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-Jan-14 01:10:37
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Read this article below to understand the player limit in Titanfall- key bits are below as well.

Lead designer Justin Hendry explained that having six human players on each side was, ultimately, a result of fine-tuning the game during testing. "The higher the player count, the more uncomfortable the game gets,"

Essentially there are five directions you can get killed from and the higher that player count, the more likely you are to get killed from behind and the more difficult it is to kind of manage your surroundings

Respawn eventually came to believe that having 12 human players was the "number that felt best" for the game it was trying to make.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-matches-w...

So the Game will have 48 combatants at once thats 12 players, 12 Titans that can be AI controlled or Piloted and 12 AI of different classes on each side.

Orange BB 5856/448
  Print Thread

Jump to