Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Feb-14 14:30:03
Print Post

World of Tanks xbox 360

[link to this post]

So who has given it a whirl?

Took a couple of rounds to get into the flow, but its a nice break and while it is a freemium model do seem able to progress.

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Feb-14 16:41:06
Print Post

Re: World of Tanks xbox 360

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The PC game has got some favourable reviews, and I have wondered about it, but have never tried it.

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Feb-14 21:05:34
Print Post

I played the closed Beta for nearly 4 months got most tank trees to tier 6 to 8 , things really change once past tier3 and grinding up the tiers is a genuine slog .

I personally enjoy playing tanks in the mid tiers as in , if things go wrong it does not cost you to much , thats right play a high tier tank with out a premium account and it will cost you if you have a bad game .

Im up to my Tiger and not sure i want the Tiger2 as i remember what a slog it was to unlock the packages and what a horrible tank it was in its basic form .

So yeah i am enjoying it , just a bit wiser about what to do after the Beta , tactics and unlocks

Edited by woweebert (Mon 17-Feb-14 22:52:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Feb-14 15:41:20
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I played it for a while on the PC but it takes forever to get percentages up for training even at the lower levels. Afraid I got bored after a few weeks and couldn't be bothered to play any more. It kept turning in to the two sides just hiding in trees and the battle only being decided by someone doing a kamikaze run and losing...
ISP Representative DanB
(isp) Tue 18-Feb-14 16:28:00
Print Post

Also playing the PC version, having played World of Warplanes first (they share the same account for the PC-version, as will World of Warships when it's released), and am still enjoying it.

Am sticking to the UK tech-tree for now, so have a Churchill I (tier-5 heavy) and a Birch Gun (tier-4 SPG), it does take a while to get up through the tiers but I'm making enough credits to start any new tanks off at 75% crew-training, so that helps quite a bit with speeding crew-training up.

Despite having fought in around 450 battles, I've not yet looked into the possibility of joining a clan - when I do, I'd imagine that'd probably help with the longevity, as platoon'ing up with people regularly could be interesting...

Regards,

Dan B
---------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=---------------
ZeN Office
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to