Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Feb-14 19:30:45
Print Post

Astro A50 Wireless headset

[link to this post]

Yep I mentioned it in a few posts already so apologies to Jaxx tongue who obviously misses me wink

Anyway been looking around at all this Headset Malarcy and the fact half of them don't work,when they do they don't have chat enabled facility unless you buy a cable or half a dozen other reasons,like waiting for either Sony or Microsoft to start supporting the current ones like my Turtke Beach PX5 that's about as much use as a Ashtray on Swanny motorbike .

Anyway it would have been the Sony Gold Wireless headset that Sony stated would release on the 10th feb only to find that not one single uk retailer had them or new anything about them

Within a few days they appeared on Amazin through various sellers ,only to find these had to be imported from Canada.

Anyway after watching IGN review of them I decided I'm not bothering 6 /10 don't cut it with me even though the price point of £79.99 was very appealing .

So after a few weeks research and waiting and waiting and hoping that they would release firmware for Bluetooth support all we get is a firmware update for Sony new Gold and Pulse headsets .

Anyway to cut along story short......

Anyway I bought These
Yes I agree the price is a joke and they are basically £100 more than any headset I have bought in the past but these are suppose to be the Dogs Dangles

Edited by time2die (Tue 18-Feb-14 19:33:36)

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Feb-14 21:07:26
Print Post

Re: Astro A50 Wireless headset

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Looks like they work with the PC too so that's handy for when you upgrade your system. wink

Thought you must've had to get yourself a canoe, what with all the rain, so it's nice to see you're still in the game. Be lost without ya.

Those cans look nice btw. A bit like my own Asus Vulcans. grin
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Feb-14 00:06:33
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

And hello to you Spooky wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Feb-14 00:53:26
Print Post

And a Scooby Doo to you too! tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Feb-14 09:17:21
Print Post

I had to laugh last night with playing Titanfall with Jorkila and his son as i said sorry i haven't picked up my Astro headset yet so won't be able to get involved with the invite in the chat party system during the game.

Jorkila said well haven't you got the headset that came with the Xbox One,to which i replied no i binned that piece of junk the minute i opened the box wink.

For me a Gaming headset is essential,especially the type of FPS that i play and the volume on the television sound system will be keeping here indoors awake all night.

But i understand that a decent Gaming headset don't come cheap and other people have different priorities and better things to spend there dosh on,i mean after all all previous headsets should have worked with the new consoles and that my friends is a injustice .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Feb-14 09:18:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Looks like they work with the PC too so that's handy for when you upgrade your system. wink

Thought you must've had to get yourself a canoe, what with all the rain, so it's nice to see you're still in the game. Be lost without ya.

Those cans look nice btw. A bit like my own Asus Vulcans. grin

Asus Vulcans ……You haven't lost it have you wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Feb-14 18:21:51
Print Post

Live long and prosper friend. Live long and prosper. smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Feb-14 19:54:13
Print Post

Nano Nano smile

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Feb-14 08:33:34
Print Post

So i got these new Astro A50 and the sound is amazing when set up with the Playstation 4,however i have just discovered the chat function does not work on a Xbox One until Microsoft release the Xbox One Chat Adapter coming early march.

The mind truly boggles why this is and its obviously just a money making scam of the highest order,why they just didn't have a 3.5m audio jack input on the controller is anyones guess.

They have to come out with stuff that requires other bits and bobs to get the functions working.

So this better release before Titanfall and it looks like another £24.99 for a plastic adapter tongue for chat function.

Everything apparently works on the playstation 4 after i undated the Astro Firmware but i have not tested the chat function.
Standard User SPOOKish
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Feb-14 19:56:16
Print Post

Just as well the 'chat function' comes free and fitted as standard with us humans then. Can you imagine if corporations were in charge we'd have to pay extra for the likes of a mouth and ears. Yeah, you can't beat good old 3.5mm wires. Tried and tested and not too much that can go wrong with them. tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to