Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 16:48:50
Print Post

Shopto.net finally have Sony Gold Wireless headset

[link to this post]

Don't think Sony done themselves any favours with this product having given a street release date of 10th Feb only to find not one single high street retailer in the UK had any stock or new when they were getting them

Surfing shopto this afternoon I see they have them for pre/ order for release this Friday at a reasonable £79 which is a good deal based on a Wireless headset and the fact you haven't got to worry about 3rd party support and if they work or not .

Bit to late as I now have my Astro A50, but I'm tempted so I don't have to keep swapping connections from Xbox One To Playstation 4 depending on what game I'm playing.

Could set my Astro up for Titanfall ,because they release the chat adapter also ,then have my Golds if I buy them set up for everything Playstation 4 related .wink

Edited by time2die (Sun 23-Feb-14 23:54:35)

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sun 23-Feb-14 19:23:24
Print Post

Re: Shopto.net finally have Sony Gold Wireless headset

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Looks like a good headset for the price, nice design also. You might not be happy with the sound quality though if you are switching between them and the Astros.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 20:18:22
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

This might be highly contentious, but I don't know how any difference would be particularly noticeable for gaming or movies? /ducks in anticipation of a low flying brum projectile

I don't mean that there isn't a difference, but that any discernible difference between Astros and my Pulse is probably down to the placebo effect of the pricing. The Sony set will be great quality, my Pulse headset is awesome even though it's wireless. My £40 wired Steinheusers (probably spelt completely wrong) that I use with my guitar amplifier are just as good.

Headphones really come into their own when listening to music, but how somebody might discern the difference when listening to Enya, will not be reflected by somebody listening to the Rolling Stones (aka me cool). It's all very subjective to whatever your average joe (aka me again) might be listening to. Classical music lovers will likely benefit more.

I know some people claim to be able to hear the slightest imperfections, but fortunately that's their cross to bear, not mine. grin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Sun 23-Feb-14 22:04:09
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I don't know, I do most of my gaming on my monitor or TV with the inbuilt speakers, could probably hook up the PC speakers but haven't bothered. Do not like using headphones for gaming or music as feel cut off, like to hear what's going on around me smile
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 23:01:38
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Yeah you're right. Now if I could only get the whiff to see it that way!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 23:57:08
Print Post

what the hell I'm ordering them wink nice price when you think of it ,i can basically buy 4 sets of these for the cost of a single set of Astro A50 tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Feb-14 18:25:21
Print Post

Good man! It will be interesting to compare the two and see if the difference in price is really that justified. They need to be pretty special to be four times the price.

That said, build quality is important too. If they are going to last for years then a premium is justifiable.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Feb-14 20:42:07
Print Post

I'm on about the Gold Nelly not the Astro A50 as I have already got those here.

Had a email regarding the Sony Gold Wireless headsets as I complained to shopto,on there website last night it listed them but when you clicked on the buy now / pre order option it said we are not taking anymore orders please try again later.

So I gave them a little bit of Timey feedback in a not to friendly way...

It sort of went like this.....

3 weeks ago I asked about the availability of the new Sony Wireless headset to which you replied you had never heard of them and you had not got them listed or was expecting any in of your suppliers at the time.

You now list them on your site for pre/order 2 weeks after the official release ,however when you try and pre/ order you are told you are not taking anymore orders please try another time.

If that's the case then don't have the option on your site for Pre/ order as it's plain stupid.

I won't tell you how annoying this is especially as it was more than likely myself and a few others that actually bought this product to your attention in the first place .

Now I can not friggin order one.....Brilliant......thanks for your support.

Anyway just out of interest I tried again 2 hours later and this time the Pre/ order was processed.

Email today if shopto said......Hi Paul I'm glad you managed to pre/ order the Sony Gold Wireless headset as they are in very short supply.....Whatever ?

Must of spent £1500 here in the last 4 months,talk about looking after your best customers .....blush

You would have thought having bought this to there attention and the fact I spend a small fortune on this site they would have a system set in place to give the best customers the option of limited stock..

Had the same problem originally with the Mega Killzone deal,only when I played my face to I get the option to order it as according to them they were limited and on a first come first server basis .
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 06:56:49
Print Post

I'm on about the Gold Nelly not the Astro A50 as I have already got those here.
That's what I meant mate. You can tell us just how well they stack up against your more expensive A50's.
(experienced) Tue 25-Feb-14 08:28:47
Print Post

There is no point being loyal to a big company like Shopto as they don't give a damn about you, just go to wherever has the best deal.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to