Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:08:29
Print Post

Re: XBox One with Titanfall bundle £399

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Should point out that the £399 titianfall bundle is not the white console its a black console with titianfall digital download code included .
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:26:51
Print Post

Re: Xbox one Titanfall bundle £369.97

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm a profiteer and sold both my pre orders for a profit , i do it all the time if i have the money available i will buy , sometimes i get caught and lose a little but i nearly always make a profit .

Between the PS4 and the XB1 i pocketed just over £300 selling my pre orders that i wish i had put that towards i PS4 rather than the XB1 ( edit: actually brought a entry level refurbished gaming laptop ), but thats where my friends are so thats why i went with XB1 .

Thing is the XB1 is only half complete IMHO and will have at least a years worth of patches till its working any where near where it needs to be .

So i get angry and can't bring myself to use the XB1 in its present state and without a fully working headset ( my biggest bugbear ) .

So im PC gaming and still playing my 360 and in all honesty this generation of console does not have the WOW factor , i mean the gameplay and mechanics of titanfall are amazing but the graphics are nothing special .

Im pulling closer to PC gaming as in , if you want next gen thats where its happening as in i have seen Titanfull running on a high end PC and it was a wow moment .

/rant over

Edited by woweebert (Wed 26-Feb-14 10:35:49)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:45:35
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Titanfall looks graphically nice on the Xbox one and yes it's not mind blowing in that department but gameplay wise from the little amount of time I spent on the beta it rocks.

It has all the hallmarks from the original Infinity Ward Cod developers and it kind of reminds me of the very first Modern warfare but with Mechs thrown into the equation .

I said I had completly lost my passion for online gaming be it Cod Ghosts,Killzone the list is endless ,but playing this Titanfall sort of rekindled my love of a decent online FPS and I have not enjoyed a online game like this since Gears 3 horde mode on the 360..

Only Titanfall made me buy a Xbox One and based on the short amount of time playing it I feel even though it was a inflated price it could well end up been justified if I spend a lot of time playing it which I anticipate I will.

There are a few future Xbox one exclusives on the horizon that look decent but the Playstation 4 line up is also extremely strong.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:48:56
Print Post

Another 20 gig of harddrive space taken up and another reason the Platstation 4 wins this problem as you can change the harddrive unlike the Xbox One .

Only answer on the horizon for this is supported Xbox one external hard drives and another unnessary space taken up on your tv stand that is already over cluttered with so many gadgets on it.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:49:52
Print Post

to change subject and in all honesty probably deserves a new thread , have you received a Beta code from microsoft to test the new patch ?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:59:55
Print Post

I have it on good authority there is a 3tb external hard drive coming very soon that won't be over priced and have been told this by the same person who told me the XB1 price would be dropping for the release of titanfull and again at Christmas .

This is still a rumour and is not fact till it happens but all the info from this friend from a friend of theirs that supposedly works for microsoft has been bang on .

I have known about delays before they have been made public , i was warned the XB1 was a work in progress as in the cancelling of DRM put the development back by months , so im starting to believe i might have insider information .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 14:36:09
Print Post

The Titanfall beta finished last week and when I tested it on Monday I just got the message no servers available so I deleted it.

I don't get why I would be sent a patch for a beta that has finished .

EDIT

Oh you mean the Xbox One Beta.........Silly mewink no I'm not in it mad

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Feb-14 14:46:15)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 14:40:44
Print Post

They should have released it with a 2 TB harddrive in the first place and completely dropped the Kinnect that nobody gives a monkeys about.

Especially when you think about there original vision and restrictions and not wanting retail games.

How long would this hard drive last if they had stuck to there guns because within a few months this would have been totally out of space.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 14:42:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
I have it on good authority there is a 3tb external hard drive coming very soon that won't be over priced and have been told this by the same person who told me the XB1 price would be dropping for the release of titanfull and again at Christmas .

This is still a rumour and is not fact till it happens but all the info from this friend from a friend of theirs that supposedly works for microsoft has been bang on .

I have known about delays before they have been made public , i was warned the XB1 was a work in progress as in the cancelling of DRM put the development back by months , so im starting to believe i might have insider information .

Or your real name is Major Nelson wink
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 16:35:59
Print Post

I played the TitanFall beta on the pc, more like a demo with a mixture of cod/quake game play it was quite fun to play but it does get boring quite quickly.

6v6 with bots, most of the time you are just killing bots with weak AI at present so its pretty easy, the few pilots that you encounter are normally either on a roof top camping or running about.

The Titans themselves you go from multiple routes as a pilot to just 3 where their is no destructible terrain so you are playing with a rail vehicle. If you have a big titan you should be able to walk through a wall half the size of the titan or blow it up.

Engine wise respawn used the source engine which is very solid as its been around for years but heavily modified for titanfall- do wonder if the use of Frostbite would have done to the game.

I just dont see their being much life in this game but we shall see on launch.

Orange BB 5856/448
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to