Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 10:57:26
Print Post

Re: PS4 console £329.97

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

you're not going to see any price reduction of any note on the PS4 this side of Christmas , and probably next but the Xbox One is going to have its price slashed and probably lose the Blue Ray and go full digital . ( which was always the plan )

My insider is adamant that Microsoft will not remove the Kinect from the package and will price cut and bundle in , to gain market share , that their losing to PS4 in a massive way .

I could of course be wrong about Sony not price cutting the PS4 , thats a obvious observation on my part , as in why would they price cut somthing thats flying of the shelves .

On another note my xbox live has been run out for over a week i cant use my trial codes as my Xbox live is still current , it used to finish as soon as it ran out ?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 12:45:37
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Only Titanfall by Respawn will claw a little respect back Microsofts way,they seem to be on a collision course for disaster ,everything they do seems to be picked up in a negative way by most Gamers even myself.

The price cut may seem like a Good thing in the UK but most so called experts believe it's foolish and stupid to cut the price of a console by £30 and include one of there highly anticipated games of the year in on that deal as a freebie.

Not only is this considered a desperate move by Microsoft it is a kick in the teeth to those loyal supporters that bought the Xbox One at Launch at a inflated price point.

They really don't seem to be able to win either way and there downside was the very beginning with there original stupid ideas and PR nightmare presentations .

I can't help thinking that those in charge of Sony that watched there reveal must of been thinking no amount of money we spend on Advertising would have given us as many sales as Microsoft launch presentation...

Sounds like I am bashing the Xbox One and on many counts I am only because last generation they had a superb platform and console with the best version of all multi platform games and now seem to have gone on a suicide mission and the Xbox One has to play extreme catch up as it's lagging way behind there number one competition .

See at the end of the day I want both Microsoft and Sony to be at war with truly outstanding games and systems,I don't think it's good for us Gamers for one of them to be far superior than the other .

Sony have clearly learned that there so called Cell processor in the Playstation 3 was a developers nightmare apart from the in house developers such as naughty Dog.

Xbox 360 blew it out of the water and that's a fact,both current next generation has similar specifications but it goes without saying the Playstation 4 is the superior system never mind how you look at it and what camp your in [ and I'm not taking Dale Winton here [ blush].

Like Bert since taking ownership of the Xbox One it's basically a dust collected apart from the brief 4 days of the Titanfall beta which to me is a system sellar and a reason to buy a Xbox One.

Plants v Zombies is fun and a great game now that's out,will I be spending my time on this in 2 weeks time ,I very much doubt it.

There is a huge March update for Xbox one that puts what should have been included in the first place right,there chat adapter released to coincide with Titanfall 14 th march needs a firmware fix which has to be updated using the lead supplied with your Xbox one.

Also there is support for Dolby digital 5.1 and a whole host of other interesting features ,some good and some Kinnect Support [ who cares about that ]

Fancy selling a console with there vision if how brilliant Kinnect 2.0 is and don't have any games to show of its capabilities .

Don't get me wrong the Playstation Firmware and features needs tinkering and is far from perfect,another console that doesn't even play MP3 or up until now had a actual working Headset.

How the mighty are falling ....The Nintendo Wii was massive hit and sold more than both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 ,now look at the state of Nintendo and the Wii U which personally I love.

Wouldn't you just like to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom of the Microsoft Gaming division wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 01-Mar-14 14:56:07)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 14:37:13
Print Post

if you been following the departures from Microsoft you might of noted the those responsible for the Xbox One launch and development , have all moved on or are in the process of being moved on .

Im looking forward to work picking up in the spring and getting some moneys for a PS4 , im really not convinced XB can come back from such a PS4 mulling , even in their home territory . the money will run out for paying for exclusives and as much as i like Titanfall and think its a good game , i dont think its the console seller , Halo was . for a start it has no campaign mode .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 15:02:58
Print Post

I think it will shift Xbox Ones especially the Titanfall bundle,yep the single player omission of the game is not helping it ,but I think in the future most games will be taylored to online play only.

And if those online games end up been special then nobody will care about single player games only the ones without internet or not so good internet connections [ nelly springs to mind] tongue

Dice and Cod developers are already talking about dropping single parts if there Franshise to concentrate on multiplayer.....in Dice case it wouldn't be a bad idea after the mess that is Battlefield 4 and it's online problems 6 months after release .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:34:08
Print Post

multiplayer only? wow epic fail for me.

this article scares me, the future of console gaming looks bleak.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/28/the-deanbeat-will-...

Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:03:00
Print Post

Considering the PS4 currently sells at a loss for Sony then I agree it's unlikely we will have a price cut from them (this year) but we could see better deals from retailers. We already have GameStop selling the PS4 at the reduced price of £329.97, which is very surprising considering the demand and short supply.
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:10:42
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Well I hope single player games will be here to stay, these days I find myself enjoying single player games with great stories more and more. Not to say I don't also enjoy multiplayer but both have their place.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:31:26
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

here another article I found, seems I am not alone at least.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/will-next-gen-consoles...

(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:37:27
Print Post

Re: Xbox one Titanfall bundle £369.97

In reply to a post by time2die:
So your not in the market yet then Trance for a new system,when you considering getting one and what games rock your boat.

Not yet mate, some time this year. The game I really want is a new Deus Ex, no game does it for me like that franchise does wink

A new Little Big Planet would also put a lot of pressure on me to upgrade as my daughter loves it.

Of the games I know that are coming to PS4 then Watch Dogs is the most appealing. If it gets great reviews and they do a nice bundle then that could be the time.
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:54:53
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

That is a interesting article and he has some good points. Aside from enjoying playing a game with a great story I also like the fact I can pause or stop playing single player games at any time when I have to do something else, which I often do.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to