Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Feb-14 14:08:33
Print Post

XBox One with Titanfall bundle £399

[link to this post]

Apparently a price drop and for a limited time TitanFall bundled

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Mon 24-Feb-14 14:37:26
Print Post

Re: XBox One with Titanfall bundle £399

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Wow that limited edition white Xbox One looks amazing. I am half tempted to put an offer on Facebook for someone to buy one and swap it with mine for a small cash incentive. The Titanfall controller looks nice too, I'm not usually into "game branded" controllers but that one is tidy.
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Mon 24-Feb-14 19:52:41
Print Post

Good move by Microsoft to bring the price down to roughly that of the PS4 with a game.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Feb-14 20:23:27
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Personally I can not see why anyone would want a White Console...

Where is the link to this White console anyway,I guess it's on Amazon
Standard User Jaxx281
(experienced) Tue 25-Feb-14 10:50:35
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

This is the white Xbox One

Here is the Titanfall pad

Both of them look cool to me. I like the white Xbox, I always preferred my original Xbox 360 in white over my Elite that was in black. That pad is pretty nice too, as I say I don't usually like game branded pads but as this one isn't very obvious that it is Titanfall I think it suits it well. I just don't like the ones that say BLACK OPS or STREET FIGHTER on them.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 13:16:45
Print Post

Yeah that does look nice i have to agree,at first i thought a White Xbox One would not look so cool but mixed with the black then i like it.wink

Just a shame the likes of us first day supporters of there products don't get the just rewards for been the first adopters and supporters,not only do we pay the higher prices we now have a Microsoft price cut after a mere 3 months with Microsoft saying that early adopters will not be given any sort of credit apart from a thank you from Microsoft for buying a launch console at a higher price.

Yeah Thanks for that blush
(experienced) Tue 25-Feb-14 14:28:01
Print Post

GameStop are selling the Titanfall bundle for £369.97 blush
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:04:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
This is the white Xbox One

It's a shame the spy cam isn't in white as well

Life..... It's just a game
Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:05:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Just a shame the likes of us first day supporters of there products don't get the just rewards for been the first adopters and supporters,not only do we pay the higher prices we now have a Microsoft price cut after a mere 3 months with Microsoft saying that early adopters will not be given any sort of credit apart from a thank you from Microsoft for buying a launch console at a higher price.

Yeah Thanks for that blush

I hope you're learning from this and your shopto's experience wink

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:13:26
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

No i will always want something on the day of release regardless,and apart from Shopto.net lack of care and support for the better customers there service is superb and they have never failed to let me down on any single delivery ever.

They do need something implemented on there site and people that spend vast amounts of money or more than normal should get some priority when certain Game/console Bundles are offered or anything that is in a so called in limited supply.

Compared to Game and Other places like Play.com there is simply no comparison in terms of delivery on time service.

We do have the Bronze/silver/Gold awards scheme they offer that save us a few pounds every time we order but this could be implemented better and a better reward system would be to look after those valued customers better.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:35:44
Print Post

Xbox one Titanfall bundle £369.97

It's getting cheaper

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-titanfall-b...

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:36:26
Print Post

Sorry to break it to you but they don't give a [censored] whether or not you buy from them wink

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:45:01
Print Post

Re: Xbox one Titanfall bundle £369.97

You might be in luck as it might be around your price bracket of £9.99 after the Summer tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:48:05
Print Post

Thats just not true Swanny and is no attitude to have to run a successful online store and you know it.

So your trying to say to me that if 200 people like me went somewhere else that wouldn't have a impact on there online sales and they wouldn't care.

I understand a little to what you are saying and i would agree if just myself went elsewhere it would have little impact,but a bigger selection of clients disappearing would not be beneficial and logical for a online retailer to remain in business.

Without customers they are nothing but i take it on board that they could do many things to improve on customer service and some of them may be do not care less if you go elsewhere .

But i bet you your bottom dollar that if the company/Owners looked at the amount of spending loyal customers have spent and have then eloped elsewhere there would be something done about it.

Problem is with organisations like this its just plain office/warehouse staff that run the place and answer the questions and it doesn't matter to them one single iota if loyal customers go somewhere else as long as there payed the same salary every month.

Edited by time2die (Tue 25-Feb-14 16:52:54)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 16:56:03
Print Post

Microsoft are getting desperate,especially in the UK where they have targeted price cuts as the Playstation 4 is outselling the Xbox One by a 5 to 1 margin last months sales figures alone.

Is the price cut and Titanfall Xbox One savour………On the game side i do hope so.?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 18:52:07
Print Post

No thanks I wouldn't have the spy box even if they were free tongue

Swanny
cool
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 18:53:50
Print Post

But i bet you your bottom dollar that if the company/Owners looked at the amount of spending loyal customers have spent and have then eloped elsewhere there would be something done about it.

Problem is with organisations like this its just plain office/warehouse staff that run the place and answer the questions and it doesn't matter to them one single iota if loyal customers go somewhere else as long as there payed the same salary every month.

You just answered your own question smile

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Feb-14 19:21:47
Print Post

Yeah I know wink may be that's the line of business I need to be in ???Customer service relations
(experienced) Wed 26-Feb-14 08:30:41
Print Post

GameStop are also being very aggressive with their pricing, they have the PS4 at the reduced price of £329.97 and you can get a selected game for £29.97 at the same time.

Good time for gamers smile

Edited by astateoftrance (Wed 26-Feb-14 08:32:06)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 08:39:50
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Unless like me you already bought them at launch blush
(experienced) Wed 26-Feb-14 08:42:32
Print Post

Yeah it sucks for the early adopters and I really did not expect to see any price drops this soon. I am very surprised especially in the case of the PS4 which is selling so well and always running out of stock.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 08:46:48
Print Post

The titan fall Bundle looks like it has the potential to shift quite a few units,Microsoft should credit the early adopters but they have already stated this will not happen.

Seems like good public relations and customer service is basically none existent mad
(experienced) Wed 26-Feb-14 08:56:17
Print Post

Yes they should do something like give you a free game download or maybe give you all a copy of Windows 8, that would go down well grin tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 09:10:29
Print Post

we already have basically Windows 8 as the Xbox One Dashboard interface. blush
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 09:11:32
Print Post

So your not in the market yet then Trance for a new system,when you considering getting one and what games rock your boat.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 09:18:29
Print Post

As predicted by me , a price reduction for the realise of titian fall , and we will be seeing a version of the Xbox one at a sub £300 price before Christmas .

If you want to know just ask and i will look in my crystal ball , shame it only does Xbox one .
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 09:25:09
Print Post

Im in the market for a PS4 but waiting till the summer when it might actually have some games that make it worth purchasing .

Its the better console by a large margin , Microsoft are in trouble and Sony are on a roll , don't even really need their exclusives as cross platform games run so much better on the PS4 .

Still waiting till summer as i don't see Sony reducing the price of the PS4 this year
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 09:32:24
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Try telling that to the hardcore like Jaxx winkand yes i totally agree with your statements but i have them all for the exclusives only.

It goes without saying that Multi Platform Games like Destiny,Watchdogs ect ect will be bought for the playstation 4.

What a fall from grace from Microsoft considering all multi platform games in the past on the 360 faired so much better than there playstation 3 counterparts.

It beggars belief who is actually running the gaming division of Microsoft and how they have seen to totally have blown a clear advantage and its clear they are not listening to Gamers who have little to no interest in there Kinnect vision which just does not appeal to hardcore gamers.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 09:49:30
Print Post

What they did with the dashboard on the XB1 was unbelievable , its windows 8 all over again , what was so right on the 360 was thrown away for a clunky slow and complicated system .

The proprietary connector for chat headset the fact the optical out does not support dolby surround the controller and its dead spots the list goes on .

On the other hand Sony looked at what the 360 got so much better than the PS3 and basically improved it ( copied ) , the Sony dash board even though it looks basic , it works so well the chat system is faultless well nearly , the not being able to invite people to the game unless they are in your friends list needs patching .

Sony are the clear winners and no amount of spin is going to change that , only reducing the price of the XB1 will help .

Edited by woweebert (Wed 26-Feb-14 10:06:23)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:07:14
Print Post

Did you get a Playstation 4 then bert as my memory fails me wink

All valid points Bert and i would not disagree with any of them,i said in a previous post that both of them are taking the micky with there consoles not supporting previous expensive headsets.

I have had to order the Xbox One Chat adapter and you would think that any next generation console wouldn't need add on devices to work on current systems.

Playstation 4 does not require cables to chat so why does the xbox one ?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:08:29
Print Post

Should point out that the £399 titianfall bundle is not the white console its a black console with titianfall digital download code included .
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:26:51
Print Post

I'm a profiteer and sold both my pre orders for a profit , i do it all the time if i have the money available i will buy , sometimes i get caught and lose a little but i nearly always make a profit .

Between the PS4 and the XB1 i pocketed just over £300 selling my pre orders that i wish i had put that towards i PS4 rather than the XB1 ( edit: actually brought a entry level refurbished gaming laptop ), but thats where my friends are so thats why i went with XB1 .

Thing is the XB1 is only half complete IMHO and will have at least a years worth of patches till its working any where near where it needs to be .

So i get angry and can't bring myself to use the XB1 in its present state and without a fully working headset ( my biggest bugbear ) .

So im PC gaming and still playing my 360 and in all honesty this generation of console does not have the WOW factor , i mean the gameplay and mechanics of titanfall are amazing but the graphics are nothing special .

Im pulling closer to PC gaming as in , if you want next gen thats where its happening as in i have seen Titanfull running on a high end PC and it was a wow moment .

/rant over

Edited by woweebert (Wed 26-Feb-14 10:35:49)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:45:35
Print Post

Titanfall looks graphically nice on the Xbox one and yes it's not mind blowing in that department but gameplay wise from the little amount of time I spent on the beta it rocks.

It has all the hallmarks from the original Infinity Ward Cod developers and it kind of reminds me of the very first Modern warfare but with Mechs thrown into the equation .

I said I had completly lost my passion for online gaming be it Cod Ghosts,Killzone the list is endless ,but playing this Titanfall sort of rekindled my love of a decent online FPS and I have not enjoyed a online game like this since Gears 3 horde mode on the 360..

Only Titanfall made me buy a Xbox One and based on the short amount of time playing it I feel even though it was a inflated price it could well end up been justified if I spend a lot of time playing it which I anticipate I will.

There are a few future Xbox one exclusives on the horizon that look decent but the Playstation 4 line up is also extremely strong.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:48:56
Print Post

Another 20 gig of harddrive space taken up and another reason the Platstation 4 wins this problem as you can change the harddrive unlike the Xbox One .

Only answer on the horizon for this is supported Xbox one external hard drives and another unnessary space taken up on your tv stand that is already over cluttered with so many gadgets on it.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:49:52
Print Post

to change subject and in all honesty probably deserves a new thread , have you received a Beta code from microsoft to test the new patch ?
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 10:59:55
Print Post

I have it on good authority there is a 3tb external hard drive coming very soon that won't be over priced and have been told this by the same person who told me the XB1 price would be dropping for the release of titanfull and again at Christmas .

This is still a rumour and is not fact till it happens but all the info from this friend from a friend of theirs that supposedly works for microsoft has been bang on .

I have known about delays before they have been made public , i was warned the XB1 was a work in progress as in the cancelling of DRM put the development back by months , so im starting to believe i might have insider information .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 14:36:09
Print Post

The Titanfall beta finished last week and when I tested it on Monday I just got the message no servers available so I deleted it.

I don't get why I would be sent a patch for a beta that has finished .

EDIT

Oh you mean the Xbox One Beta.........Silly mewink no I'm not in it mad

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Feb-14 14:46:15)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 14:40:44
Print Post

They should have released it with a 2 TB harddrive in the first place and completely dropped the Kinnect that nobody gives a monkeys about.

Especially when you think about there original vision and restrictions and not wanting retail games.

How long would this hard drive last if they had stuck to there guns because within a few months this would have been totally out of space.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 14:42:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
I have it on good authority there is a 3tb external hard drive coming very soon that won't be over priced and have been told this by the same person who told me the XB1 price would be dropping for the release of titanfull and again at Christmas .

This is still a rumour and is not fact till it happens but all the info from this friend from a friend of theirs that supposedly works for microsoft has been bang on .

I have known about delays before they have been made public , i was warned the XB1 was a work in progress as in the cancelling of DRM put the development back by months , so im starting to believe i might have insider information .

Or your real name is Major Nelson wink
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Feb-14 16:35:59
Print Post

I played the TitanFall beta on the pc, more like a demo with a mixture of cod/quake game play it was quite fun to play but it does get boring quite quickly.

6v6 with bots, most of the time you are just killing bots with weak AI at present so its pretty easy, the few pilots that you encounter are normally either on a roof top camping or running about.

The Titans themselves you go from multiple routes as a pilot to just 3 where their is no destructible terrain so you are playing with a rail vehicle. If you have a big titan you should be able to walk through a wall half the size of the titan or blow it up.

Engine wise respawn used the source engine which is very solid as its been around for years but heavily modified for titanfall- do wonder if the use of Frostbite would have done to the game.

I just dont see their being much life in this game but we shall see on launch.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 16:51:16
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Well it's horses for courses I guess and like I said it's the best online 4 days I have had for about 2 years having got pretty bored with online games ....

You may be right it may well lose it's appeal,but they can tweak it and add other modes and maps and game modes like a Horde mode would be cool.

I'm sure they have plenty of download content already in the pipeline,but the biggest fear factor is greedy EA and there Micro transactions and costs involved as I'm sure there in it to make a buck.

My biggest gripe is how will the stability of the servers hold up,if you go by EA recent disasters then this could ruin the game completly.

My attention span is not to clever so if it becomes boring and tedious then I will quickly move on to other stuff.

Can only base my thoughts and opinions on what I have seen and played and I expect the full product to be even better.

The bots are the biggest joke and just stand there for pure cannon fodder this needs some tinkering and it would be good to add more human opponents but I didn't really find it hard to get into the action even though it was just 6 v 6

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Feb-14 16:55:00)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Feb-14 17:00:26
Print Post

Basically a kick in the teeth to those that bought the Launch title .... I wonder if there was a option to return the console back regardless of faults .....how many would do so....

Would Microsoft have said there will be no credit or free stuff for those that paid the original Launch price.....But we thank you for your support ......what a joker mad

They could easily have given all those that supported them with the launch models a code for Titanfall but they haven't and we all know they are extremely up in arms about the way the Xbox one is selling compared to the Playstation 4 here in the Uk where it looks like it's in serious trouble .

Microsoft jokers

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Feb-14 17:04:47)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 09:21:53
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Its a shame no-one is bringing back Mechwarrior... That was a good series...

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 27-Feb-14 09:38:36
Print Post

my Xbox live ran out at the weekend and whereas normally i would of brought another year straight away i'm only going month by month .

I don't see myself staying on Xbox platform , its a mess and this kick in the teeth only confirms that this company is taking me for granted .

It was my PS3 that gathered dust last time round only getting dusted off for exclusives , its going to be a complete turn around .

I am wondering if a good business venture might be to sale dust covers for Xbox Ones , what do you think ? cause i'm in need of one right now !

Edited by woweebert (Thu 27-Feb-14 09:44:30)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 27-Feb-14 11:07:10
Print Post

a FPS game isnt going to make me buy a console so no tongue

My price point is probably anything under £200 and will need at least 1 quality RPG out for it as well.

Or I will pay £300 if BC is added and no quality games need to be out for it.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 13:46:18
Print Post

Hey lets set that up sounds like i really good business venture.problem is they are going to have to be extreme large size dust covers to cover the massive thing tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 13:50:26
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Nice to see you back tongue as you know i like everything you write in the Gaming Forums blush
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 13:51:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
a FPS game isnt going to make me buy a console so no tongue

My price point is probably anything under £200 and will need at least 1 quality RPG out for it as well.

Or I will pay £300 if BC is added and no quality games need to be out for it.

Both of them things will never happen so your safe there smile

The Xbox One will never in a month of Sundays get anywhere near that price point so you won't be getting One thats for certain based on that price point criteria wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 27-Feb-14 13:52:57)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Feb-14 16:56:19
Print Post

Now I would offer you a good home for the xbox one but that might be too cheeky as my only currency would be a jar of beetroot

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 18:41:18
Print Post

And that's a acquired taste ,bit like marmite wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Feb-14 18:42:13
Print Post

Keep it until Titanfall drops.....Literally wink
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 27-Feb-14 21:11:59
Print Post

Thanks but no thanks , its to much a whole jar , eat some then we can talk about it again
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 27-Feb-14 21:15:48
Print Post

been given about 3 months worth of various xbox live trial cards and the promise of more if i can be bothered to keep entering the codes .

Lucky me
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 28-Feb-14 13:01:37
Print Post

then I guess wont get one then smile

never say never tho, the consoles will eventually get to that price point in my opinion.

how much was the 360 at launch?

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Feb-14 13:55:12
Print Post

Yeah in about 5 years when they start thinking about the next generation if there is one this time around.wink

I don't remember the price of the original 360 think it was around £369 but the playstation 3 launched at around £499 which was a Marketing Disaster hence the price point of the playstation 4 at £349 which offers extremely good value for what your getting.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 28-Feb-14 16:44:48
Print Post

ok so both the ps3 and 360 had huge drops then so not sure why you think the next gen wont.

and yes I dont care waiting a few years, is no rush.

I didnt get my 360 I think until about halfway through the last generation I think at least 3-4 years in. My ps3 I only got a couple of summers ago.

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 28-Feb-14 16:45:03)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Feb-14 17:00:44
Print Post

For a Xbox one to reach around the £200 mark it's going to be at basically the end of its life cycle,and the same for the Playstation 4 .

May be in a few years you will get the Xbox one and Playstation 4 for under £300 but apart from the special UK reduction of £30 and a copy of Titanfall for a Xbox One Then I wouldn't expect anymore surprises.

Edited by time2die (Fri 28-Feb-14 17:01:40)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Feb-14 17:30:15
Print Post

PS4 console £329.97

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-4-ps4-co...

They keep getting cheaper smile

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation%204/Games/4567...

Swanny
cool
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Fri 28-Feb-14 17:51:53
Print Post

Re: PS4 console £329.97

Thing is you've got a job to get one at normal price let alone at a reduced price!!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Feb-14 17:53:11
Print Post

Wow a £20 price drop…….Think i will order half a dozen wink
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 10:57:26
Print Post

you're not going to see any price reduction of any note on the PS4 this side of Christmas , and probably next but the Xbox One is going to have its price slashed and probably lose the Blue Ray and go full digital . ( which was always the plan )

My insider is adamant that Microsoft will not remove the Kinect from the package and will price cut and bundle in , to gain market share , that their losing to PS4 in a massive way .

I could of course be wrong about Sony not price cutting the PS4 , thats a obvious observation on my part , as in why would they price cut somthing thats flying of the shelves .

On another note my xbox live has been run out for over a week i cant use my trial codes as my Xbox live is still current , it used to finish as soon as it ran out ?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 12:45:37
Print Post

Only Titanfall by Respawn will claw a little respect back Microsofts way,they seem to be on a collision course for disaster ,everything they do seems to be picked up in a negative way by most Gamers even myself.

The price cut may seem like a Good thing in the UK but most so called experts believe it's foolish and stupid to cut the price of a console by £30 and include one of there highly anticipated games of the year in on that deal as a freebie.

Not only is this considered a desperate move by Microsoft it is a kick in the teeth to those loyal supporters that bought the Xbox One at Launch at a inflated price point.

They really don't seem to be able to win either way and there downside was the very beginning with there original stupid ideas and PR nightmare presentations .

I can't help thinking that those in charge of Sony that watched there reveal must of been thinking no amount of money we spend on Advertising would have given us as many sales as Microsoft launch presentation...

Sounds like I am bashing the Xbox One and on many counts I am only because last generation they had a superb platform and console with the best version of all multi platform games and now seem to have gone on a suicide mission and the Xbox One has to play extreme catch up as it's lagging way behind there number one competition .

See at the end of the day I want both Microsoft and Sony to be at war with truly outstanding games and systems,I don't think it's good for us Gamers for one of them to be far superior than the other .

Sony have clearly learned that there so called Cell processor in the Playstation 3 was a developers nightmare apart from the in house developers such as naughty Dog.

Xbox 360 blew it out of the water and that's a fact,both current next generation has similar specifications but it goes without saying the Playstation 4 is the superior system never mind how you look at it and what camp your in [ and I'm not taking Dale Winton here [ blush].

Like Bert since taking ownership of the Xbox One it's basically a dust collected apart from the brief 4 days of the Titanfall beta which to me is a system sellar and a reason to buy a Xbox One.

Plants v Zombies is fun and a great game now that's out,will I be spending my time on this in 2 weeks time ,I very much doubt it.

There is a huge March update for Xbox one that puts what should have been included in the first place right,there chat adapter released to coincide with Titanfall 14 th march needs a firmware fix which has to be updated using the lead supplied with your Xbox one.

Also there is support for Dolby digital 5.1 and a whole host of other interesting features ,some good and some Kinnect Support [ who cares about that ]

Fancy selling a console with there vision if how brilliant Kinnect 2.0 is and don't have any games to show of its capabilities .

Don't get me wrong the Playstation Firmware and features needs tinkering and is far from perfect,another console that doesn't even play MP3 or up until now had a actual working Headset.

How the mighty are falling ....The Nintendo Wii was massive hit and sold more than both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 ,now look at the state of Nintendo and the Wii U which personally I love.

Wouldn't you just like to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom of the Microsoft Gaming division wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 01-Mar-14 14:56:07)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 14:37:13
Print Post

if you been following the departures from Microsoft you might of noted the those responsible for the Xbox One launch and development , have all moved on or are in the process of being moved on .

Im looking forward to work picking up in the spring and getting some moneys for a PS4 , im really not convinced XB can come back from such a PS4 mulling , even in their home territory . the money will run out for paying for exclusives and as much as i like Titanfall and think its a good game , i dont think its the console seller , Halo was . for a start it has no campaign mode .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 15:02:58
Print Post

I think it will shift Xbox Ones especially the Titanfall bundle,yep the single player omission of the game is not helping it ,but I think in the future most games will be taylored to online play only.

And if those online games end up been special then nobody will care about single player games only the ones without internet or not so good internet connections [ nelly springs to mind] tongue

Dice and Cod developers are already talking about dropping single parts if there Franshise to concentrate on multiplayer.....in Dice case it wouldn't be a bad idea after the mess that is Battlefield 4 and it's online problems 6 months after release .
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:34:08
Print Post

multiplayer only? wow epic fail for me.

this article scares me, the future of console gaming looks bleak.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/28/the-deanbeat-will-...

(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:03:00
Print Post

Considering the PS4 currently sells at a loss for Sony then I agree it's unlikely we will have a price cut from them (this year) but we could see better deals from retailers. We already have GameStop selling the PS4 at the reduced price of £329.97, which is very surprising considering the demand and short supply.
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:10:42
Print Post

Well I hope single player games will be here to stay, these days I find myself enjoying single player games with great stories more and more. Not to say I don't also enjoy multiplayer but both have their place.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:31:26
Print Post

here another article I found, seems I am not alone at least.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/will-next-gen-consoles...

(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:37:27
Print Post

So your not in the market yet then Trance for a new system,when you considering getting one and what games rock your boat.

Not yet mate, some time this year. The game I really want is a new Deus Ex, no game does it for me like that franchise does wink

A new Little Big Planet would also put a lot of pressure on me to upgrade as my daughter loves it.

Of the games I know that are coming to PS4 then Watch Dogs is the most appealing. If it gets great reviews and they do a nice bundle then that could be the time.
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:54:53
Print Post

That is a interesting article and he has some good points. Aside from enjoying playing a game with a great story I also like the fact I can pause or stop playing single player games at any time when I have to do something else, which I often do.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 20:35:53
Print Post

So we talking around June time as that's the word on Watchdogs release and there will be plenty of bundles.
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 21:18:47
Print Post

Mmm June could work smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Mar-14 12:00:49
Print Post

I like single player games.

I've been playing GTA V SP lately. I had the bug that stopped me from playing as Micheal so had to go back to 23% and basically start again. Last night I finished all the main missions so now have just a few side missions to complete. All my normal mates have bought PS4's so I'm Billy no mates at the mo, unless Blue's about

I did have a go at TLOU the other day but got stuck on the level where you first meet the runners. You have to be sneaky and kill four of them and onbe of the other type. I managed to get it down to 2 but they kept getting me. I'm rubbish at being sneaky and as the weapons are [censored] I got [censored] off with it and gave up after about 10 attempts. Probably won't play it again now :/

Swanny
cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Mar-14 17:08:44
Print Post

Amateur tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to