Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 11:23:41
Print Post

Patch preview program XB1

[link to this post]

Im on the patch preview program and already have the march patch installed and running .

The party system now works as it should do with voice chat enabled on joining a party , thing is since the patch i cant voice chat with anybody that does not have the patch , which has meant using skype or in game chat .
Party size is still only 8 and has not been increased to the rumoured 10 .

Best bit till last , Dolby surround has been enabled on the optical out . thats what i have noticed so far , and controller feels better but the could be my imagination .

Could read the patch notes but that would spoil the fun .

Still finding Microsoft's vision for how this dashboard should work , a bad one , even with the improvements its a right royal pain in the butt to invite people to chat whilst in games as the process of going home to open a app to do everything and anything is slow and cumbersome .

Overall im happy with the improvements but still disappointed in Microsoft vision on the BX1 dashboard and chat features in general , what's wrong with having a start ( X ) button that drops you into a menu system where you can do everything quickly and with less button presses and less load time on a 9 year old machine than the new shiny machine .

Still allot of patching to do on the XB1 and it was obviously rushed to market but this patch and the previous patch did allot to fix obvious faults and omissions .
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 13:06:41
Print Post

Re: Patch preview program XB1

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Yeah it's a Big update Bert and I have been looking and talking about it in another thread,when do the Mass get this update and why do you get special attention and I'm not invited wink
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 14:23:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

its not what you know , its who you know . i have friends that have worked their way up to the top in the Xbox Ambassador scheme and have been accepted onto the moderation team .

thats why i get all the beta goodness , being in the right friends list at the right time .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 15:10:09
Print Post

Well may be you best advise them that there up [censored] street without a paddle blush

Yeah and I know a lot of the dimwits of Microsoft Gaming division have left.....More like Sacked if the truth be known ...like Dom Matrich or whatever his name was.

Problem is Microsoft have employed some so called top Guy From Company Nokia who took there share prices and Company profits to a all time record low.

Now that's looking like a not to bright appointment if you ask me and typical of the stupid ,ludicrous decision making associated with Microsoft during the past 16 months.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 15:11:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
its not what you know , its who you know . i have friends that have worked their way up to the top in the Xbox Ambassador scheme and have been accepted onto the moderation team .

thats why i get all the beta goodness , being in the right friends list at the right time .

So share some of the Love on here then with all your Gaming Buddies on these forums,the unfortunate ones with Xbox Ones blush
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:09:08
Print Post

My lad got invited but I didn't! Good thing is he got 2 invites so I got in anyway wink
The chat issues we had previously seem to be gone apart from my mic doesn't always work without a restart!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:13:22
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I actually hooked up that plastic piece of junk included in the Xbox one box last night when playing Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare.

The sound was god dam awful so I ripped it out of the controller and played without it.

Are there any chat settings anywhere in the Xbox interface because it was pretty dire.

Anyway where was you last night Killa ,I'm only on level 6 ...Played the defend the garden mode from waves of Zombies....Great fun but you only get 10 waves and it's very easy...
Standard User jorkila
(committed) Sat 01-Mar-14 18:17:05
Print Post

Played a few rounds with the lad last night, still finding it a blast to be honest!
The in game voice chat isn't the best but the party chat is fine through it to be fair!
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 01-Mar-14 19:26:23
Print Post

Microsoft aren't doing too well recently if you think about it, Windows 8, Surface, Xbox One etc.. they have brought Bill back into the action now so maybe he will make a difference...
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Mar-14 20:05:27
Print Post

I can invite 25 people to the beta for the patch , i have invited 10 so far , 8 of which have been excepted , not sure if you got to be in my friends list or not but PM me your XB live gamertag and i will get you some of that beta goodness when i have it to give .
  Print Thread

Jump to